Holst, Perez, Black on Road to Glory at WRECK

Holst took on John Gunderson

Wreck MMA is excited to announce several key fights for the upcoming event on April 20th at the Casino Lac Leamy in Gatineau, Quebec. In a battle of two elite strikers, Wreck MMA: Road to Glory will be headlined by two UFC veterans as Ottawa’s own Mark ‘Boots’ Holst will take on Gideon Ray. Also on the card, is local favourite Nabil ‘The Thrill’ Khatib taking on welterweight prospect Brandt Dewsbery, OAMA’s ‘Relentess’ Randy Turner taking on Top-10 Bantamweight Eric Perez and Robin Black returns to the cage against Chris Myra.

After over a year layoff, Holst has decided the time was right to return to the cage and was looking for a challenge in his first fight back. Ray brings over 30 professional fights of experience and has been in the cage with UFC veterans John Alessio, Luke Caudillo, David Loiseau and Brian Gassaway. Holst won his last fight at Wreck MMA against ‘Showtime’ Wedderburn in impressive fashion. The two UFC veterans are known for their exciting standup skills and it’s expected that one of these warriors will fall by KO.

After an impressive win against Chris St-Jean, Dewsbery returns to Gatineau to face his toughest test. A training partner of Wreck veteran and current Strikeforce star Jordan ‘Young Gun’ Mein, Dewsberry is looking to establish his spot among the elite in the Canadian welterweight division. Khatib is coming off a potentially controversial decision loss to Nathan Gunn and is looking to once again step into the cage for the Wreck Welterweight Title. Will the other young gun take away the veteran’s opportunity?

Randy Turner

With five fights in 2011, Turner established himself as a rising star in the Bantamweight Division. With the goal of becoming one of Canada’s best, Turner was looking for a big challenge and found it in one of the sport’s most exciting stars; Winnipeg’s Eric Perez. Perez, who trains at the Winnipeg Academy of MMA has won six fights in a row and has had multiple Fight of the Night performances at the CFC. Both fighters are known to give 100% effort in each bout so this fight will be a high paced action driven tilt.

Score Fighting Series color commentator Robin Black returns to Wreck with redemption on his mind. Unhappy with his last performance and still lingering bad feelings about his MMA debut, Black returns to Gatineau to kill two birds with one stone. Black wants to prove to the fans that he is better than his performance in Gatineau and is looking for revenge against the man who gave him his first MMA loss; Chris Myra. Myra returns home to fight and wants to leave no doubt that he, not Black, is the better fighter.

The event also features some of the top talents in the Ottawa region as Stephane Bernadel, Pablo Santos, Randy Dube, Andrew Walters, Jeff Chan and other local talent will be competing at this event. Tickets are available from the fighters, via Ticketmaster.ca or by calling (613) 755-1111. Buy your tickets now as there are only 1500 seats available and this event will once again sell out!! Enter the discount code “HONOUR” at Ticketmaster and receive 10% off your ticket price! This special will only last 24 hours!

32 Responses to “ Holst, Perez, Black on Road to Glory at WRECK ”

1. Nigel Guerin says:

wowzers….what a line-up.

2. Rolls Royce says:

perez is gonna out strike, out work and then finish turner at 3:23 in the third. I like turner but he’s gonna get beat up in this fight.

3. Nigel Guerin says:

That’s quite the inaccurate prediction! Turner has been turning heads as of late…..this fight will be another example! That said, great match-up!

4. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

War Robin. Good luck buddy

5. Dwight Sutherland says:

Perez by complete destruction!

6. jesse says:

Randy turner by he just kicked his ass decision

7. Rolls Royce says:

Decision ? If he’s hoping to grind out decision hes already lost.

How fucking long have i been calling for the rematch with Myra? Huh? That’s some fine matchmaking. Now what’s the over/under on Myra showing up…..

9. Brodes says:

Turner is as mentally tough as any fighter that’s ever fought. He might be the underdog but I think he can win this fight. He also looks so improved every fight out. He impressed the he’ll out of me against Clint kingsbury.

Love these matchups so far!

Super mega excited.

11. StacksMMA says:

You worried about Myra no-showing Robin?
    He’s backed out of at least 3 fights in the last year and a half of so.
    Looked like a good striker in his last fight when he beat you but Dave and the boys think maybe he’s not mentally committed.

Turner looked mad dangerous against Kingsbury and will give Perez all he can handle and I smell upset.
    We’re buying tickets as soon as they go on sale good show.

I’m not worried man. Chris is an honorable guy. And I know he’s excited. He’s in 100%.

He had a couple injuries in the past but I hear he’s in top health and ready to go.

Best I’ve ever performed was in my loss to him. Even tho I won some fights, hands down that was the night I felt I performed best Well, maybe in my fight against Knysh I was happier with my performance, but the fight with Chris was the most memorable experience.

I’m sure we both believe we’ll win but Its that experience I’m really seeking again.

Chris will be there and he will bring it.

Oh and thanks Marcus. Hope to see you fighting soon.

How come sometimes my picture is there, sometimes my name is blue, and sometimes neither?

Same computer, still logged in, nothing different.

Anyhoo, pumper for Randy vs Perez and Nabil vs Brandddddt too.

Thanks to WRECK for bein awesome.

15. steve hill says:

good luck robin

16. JYD says:

FINALLY!

Black vs Myra 2 will be a great fight. In my opinion, both guys think this is a win. I know as well as Robin (even if he is completely happy with the way he performed) that he did not perform to the level of his capabilities in their first outing. He got rocked right off the bat and still managed to put some great things together while riding strictly on auto-pilot. Having said that, Myra showed that his ground-game had much improved since losing to the ninja of love and myself.

Both guys are coming off a little bit of a layoff and have been working on their skillset. Robin is surrounded by a bunch of great teammates who are talented and he has managed to stay relatively active (coming back from a career ending illness in the process). Myra fought once to a loss and from what I hear, has been working with some good BJJ practitioners when available.

There is a lot riding on this fight for both guys. Robin fighting to erase the memory of his loss, and Myra fighting to cling to that W.

If the score needs a ruggedly handsome mumbler with little to no social skills, I will glady commentate this bout. I used to trane UFC.

17. vovchanchyn says:

Perez by whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

18. QuinnFan says:

Shoulda been Sean Quinn vs Robin Black.

19. EPerez says:

Been working on new tricks. Someone is going on a highlight reel.

20. Remz says:

I train with Randy and I went 3 rounds with Perez. All I can say is this will be fight of the night. Turner brings a pace that I can’t match. We are from the same team but totally different styles.So don’t look at my fight as a comparison. I can’t wait to see this fight. and I’ll be bias but Turner should put Eric away late in the fight seeing as Eric is such a durable fighter. Awesome fight I can’t wait…

21. hawkes says:

Perez by sub!!!

22. Jake - TU says:

Funny thing is that I managed Myra back in 2008 and I remember the phone call like it was yesterday. Myra called me and was like “hey bro, I got a call and there is this guy up here in Canada that is like a glam rocker – reality show dude and they want me to be his first fight”.

I was like “wtf? reality show dude who wants to fight? LET’S DO IT”.

Little did I know years later, I’d be counting Robin Black as one of the best guys I’ve met in the game and a great friend!! Best of luck Robin…love to see this fight again!

I got Perez winning this in the 2nd

Thanks Jake you loveable ass kicker.

So pumped to share a fight with Chris again.

After our last fight, I lost all feeling in a fist-sized area on the right side of my face (all the space between my lip and my eye) for 4 months.

But it was worth it. Great fight. So excited to do it again.

25. McDooogs says:

Robin!!! YES! So excited for you man! And my boy Brandt, too! CMC baby. GIddy up. :)

26. Rolls Royce says:

Oh yeah turner looked great in his last fight but kingsbury looked like a flyweight in that bout and just got out sized not gonna happen with Perez

27. Alex Caporicci says:

Should be another great night of fights at the Casino! Hopefully we’ll have some more announcements for you guys soon!

SO EXCITED!!!!!

29. marz says:

perez by Sub, 2nd round.

30. lol says:

I hope Eric takes Randy serious. If Eric is out drinking weeks before, he may feel it later in the fight. Perez needs to finish Turner quick. Or Turner will hurt ’em.

31. Jeff harrison says:

Randy is a serious athlete. Perez will need more than tricks for this one. Great match up .

32. Vovchanchyn says:

Perez is a serious FIGHTER. Randy will need to be than just an athlete to compete.