Canadian Rumour Mill – January 30
Here we go…
- I’m hearing Kajan Johnson is recovering from a broken orbital bone. Hopefully he heals up quick!
- Did Brian Cobb get cut from the MFC???
- David Loiseau has inked a development deal to star in a reality show called CROWTIME, it’s slated to start shooting in spring 2012.
- Greg Welsh might have even a tougher test after Matt Bagshaw at Aggression in February, he’s scheduled to square off against Will Romero in March.
- Don’t expect to see Donald Brashear back in Ringside any time soon. Personal issues are keeping the former NHL enforcer from dedicating himself to training MMA.
- Blood Pact? In addition to their collaborative show in Grande Prairie in April, King of the Cage and Unified MMA will be doing a combined show at Rexall Place in Edmonton this fall. I like seeing promotions working together, good job fellas!
- Just a warning fighters….if your manager is also the promoter, is he serving your best interests? Also if your opponent’s manager is also the promoter, be concerned as well because they get paid more if you lose. Double dipping can have its consequences.
- Two former UFC Middleweight title challengers battling for the possible chance to be back in the UFC Octagon. I’m hearing Pat Cote and Thales Leites may square off in Brazil in late March, winner will be well on his way back to the big show.
- Canada’s #1 HW Tim Hague in Bellator?
- TKO/Ringside/Instinct MMA vet Guillaume ‘Showman’ Lamarche won’t be back in the cage for the foreseeable future. He’s announced he’ll be stepping back from competing professionally in MMA for the next year. The 7-6 Lightweight is currently on a three fight losing streak.
- Ok, here’s some Edmonton Commission stuff.
– The ECSC has just arbitrarily decided to raise the amount officials must pay for their annual licenses from $80 to $200 a year? Just keeps getting more ridiculous in Edmonton!
– So MFC 31 used the half point scoring system, now I ask did MFC 32 also use it, because it sure didn’t seem that way to this girl! Why did they change, then change back? Make up your mind! Poor Edmontonians, the city is really starting to live up to its nickname of “Special Ed”, thanks Ringmaster Pat Reid and crew!
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.