UFC on Fox 2 Results – Rashad Wins, Jones Next

UFC is back on Fox tonight. This time in Chicago, Illinois with a triple header. Here are the quick results:

Main Card
Rashad Evans defeats Phil Davis by Unanimous Decision (50-45×3)
Chael Sonnen defeats Mike Bisping by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28×2)
Chris Weidman defeats Demian Maia by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Preliminary Fights
Evan Dunham defeats Nik Lentz TKO (Doctor Stoppage) in Round 2, 5:00
Mike Russow defeats John Olav Einemo by Unanimous Decision
Cub Swanson defeats George Roop by TKO (Punches) in Round 2, 2:22
Charles Oliveira submits Eric Wisely by Calf Slicer in Round 1, 1:43
Michael Johnson defeats Shane Roller by Unanimous Decision
Lavar Johnson defeats Joey Beltran by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 4:24
Chris Camozzi submits Dustin Jacoby by Guillotine Choke in Round 3, 1:08

20 Responses to “ UFC on Fox 2 Results – Rashad Wins, Jones Next ”

1. Jon Jones will defend his title on April 21 against Rashad Evans at UFC 145 in Atlanta if Evans wins.

2. Cody Bargholz says:

How do you guys think won? Bisping or Sonnen? I had Bisping 29-28.

3. Stenson Stark says:

Sonnen won hands down but it was an unimpressive fight for him.

4. Bisping 29-28

5. Konrad says:

Bisping 29-28

6. Cody says:

Bisping 29-28

7. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Yeah Bisping won rounds 1 & 2, I watched it a few times now to see if my eyes deceived me. Luckily I have you guys thinking the same!

8. evmister says:

I think it could’ve gone either way or been a draw. The first round could’ve been a 10-10 (making it a draw) and the other 2 rounds are obvious. I still don’t know how Sonnen got the 2nd round from one of the judges =S.

9. showtune lover says:

I had Bisping winning during the broadcast. I’ve watched it again with no joe rogan, and it’s alot closer than the first viewing, leaning towards sonnen split dec.

10. Priest says:

I had bisping winning on the card as well, overall, i thought that most of the televised card was boring.

Phil davis was definitely over matched, i can’t see rashad beating bones, even on JBJ’s worst day, i mean with his reach, and cardio, rashad better expect to get lyoto’d.

Dana’s got to do a better job of getting fighters booked for a live telecast that are going to be exciting fights.

11. steve hill says:

I think sonnen stole it with the third round,the first 2 rounds I had bisping slightly ahead…sonnen looked like he had a bad weight cut…But who knows???

However he wasnt to tired to lay his best rock impression on joe rogan…

12. Stenson Stark says:

Since I posted last night that Sonnen won hands down, I watched the fight back with Joe Rogan and I can see where people say 29-28 Bisping. That truly does effect the way you watch the fight.

Watch it without Rogan.

In no way did Sonnen win round 2…that judge was out to lunch.

I agree with Priest about exciting fights on televised cards…Dana did a bad job on this one.

He needed a couple of light weight tazmanian devils to draw more interest.

I wanna see Cub Swanson vs. Leonard Garcia if Garcia beats Zhang

Damn… didn’t realize they were both at Jackson’s, too bad!

15. Adam Lorenz says:

Swanson would have wrecked Garcia, but it would have been exciting to watch lol.

I scored it 29-28 for the man from the mean streets of West Lynn, Oregon; Chael P Sonnen.

16. Demitri (trev) says:

How do you rip Dana for putting on bad fights? He did an incredibly smart thing putting Sonnen, (late notice bisbing) and rashad evens. These guys always put on great shows. Just so happened that last night none of them did.

Most people (most people happen to be casual fans) tune in to watch the co main and main events. Dana selected his guys wisely. Just didn’t workout this time, that’s all. Can’t blame him for that, those things happen.

17. L-Boutin says:

30-27 is crazy, but I thought Sonnen won a close 1st round and a dominant 3rd to win 29-28.

Most disappointed with Demian Maia. He looked like the one that took a fight on 11 days notice, not Weidman.

18. Tyler Davis says:

First round was almost a draw I had sonnen inched ahead on aggressiveness and octagon control bisping CLEARLY took the second and sonnen with the third…..no way could it be 30-27 that judge needs to be asked some questions.

19. Don't Call Me Leon says:

Too bad Dunham was the first fight on Fox…

20. Don't Call Me Leon says: