Ringside 13 – Montreal – March 17

Date: March 17, 2011
Location: The Metropolis, Montreal, Quebec
TV:
Tickets: via Ticketmaster

Fight Card:
265lbs- Eric Barrak (1-0) vs. Paul Cheng (1-1)
155lbs- Mike Ricci (6-2) vs. Tony Hervey (12-11)
160lbs- Kevin Morin (5-4) vs. Stephane Lamarche (8-10) (Catchweight)
155lbs- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (1-0) vs. Daniel Ireland (0-0)
155lbs- David Lafond (1-2) vs. Tim Chessell (0-2)
170lbs- Yohan Gariepy (2-3) vs. Christ Franck (1-3)
265lbs- Vladimir Starcencov (1-0) vs. Stephane Tessier (0-0)
155lbs- Dave Pariseau (7-7-1) vs. Louis-Christophe Laurin (4-3)
155lbs- Mic Dufort (0-0) vs. Kyle Nelson (0-0)

49 Responses to “ Ringside 13 – Montreal – March 17 ”

1. booboo says:

Can we get Rejean Groulx on this card please !!

2. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Chatted briefly with Rejean a few weeks ago. He said he was still undecided about whether or not he’d be back.

3. Shar 1 says:

What about the rumour about Fedor?

4. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Instinct, the other Quebec promotion was also rumoured to be negotiating with Fedor. Expensive guy to get. For Ringside, the word was at Ringside 14 in May, I believe, but haven’t heard anything new in a long while.

5. booboo says:

He ll b back ( Rejean Groulx ) . Hopefully he s got alot of potential and his last fight was incredible , very exciting fighter !

6. Joe Doerksen says:

You sure Moise Rimbon is fighting? I heard he was injured.

7. Shar 1 says:

Julian Cymbalista-Clapp, thanx. One to watch for, for sure.

8. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Olivier Aubin-Mercier’s opponent will be Daniel Ireland (0-0). Ireland was originally set to face Aubin-Mercier at Ringside 12 last year before being forced to withdraw for work-related reasons.

9. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Heavyweight bout between Eric Barrak (1-0) and Paul Cheng (1-1), plus Welterweight bout between Francis Charbonneau (1-0) and Yohan Gariepy (2-3)added.

10. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Removed Moise Rimbon from the card. According to Ringside’s Eric O’Keefe, they’ve released him from his recently signed contract so he can fight somewhere bigger.

11. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

That something bigger is apparently Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza in Strikeforce, though Rimbon’s manager says the fight isn’t 100 per cent confirmed yet.

12. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

That F@#kin sucks for me,thats the 7th straight fight ive had fall thru or not happen,2 cause of opponents injuries,2 promoter related,1doc issue with me,1 fighter say i have too much experience yet they have 8or9 fights themselves,& now the one ive been the most excited for in a long time Me & Moises @ Ringside,congrats Moises thats a huge opportunity .FML!I sucked and never trained and could get a fight every other week it seemed,now train like a monster and actually put in the work,&discouragement afetr discouragement. Anyone got a 185 or 205lbs fight im in. DID i SAY FML!

13. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Ive been training with Paul Cheng lately,hes a beast this should be a good Hw fight with him and Eric. Paul by KO

14. Donald Duck says:

Maybe they’re just concerned you might break your hand during the warm up again.

15. Dan says:

Misha-Hicks

16. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

I agree with Dan, Misha and I would be a great fight. I asked about fighting him March 16th@sfs or 17th@Ringside.

17. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

and donald dont make me get Mickey after u or should i say after u mark

18. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Added two Lightweight bouts: David Lafond (1-2) vs. Tim Chessell (0-2), and Kevin Morin (5-4) vs. Stephane Lamarche (8-10)

19. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

One more fight added: Dave Pariseau (7-7-1) vs. Louis-Christophe Laurin (4-3)

20. Adam Lorenz says:

This card could use a featherweight fight.

21. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

An official press release just confirmed the first two fights.

22. brandon says:

Ill fight u marcus

23. Adam Lorenz says:

Honest question, who are some of the featherweights that won fights in Ringside last year? I would like to challenge one of those guys. I am going to search online to see if I can find that answer too, thanks.

24. Graham Weenk says:

I’ve said before… our manager has been talking to the organization about it, Adam Lorenz should be on this show! Western Canada’s top 145er and Canada’s top unsigned 145er, the timing works perfect and he’s itching to fight, look at his post…

don’t be afraid to put a westerner on the card, lets make this happen!

25. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Who are u Brandon? Me vs the one named guy Brandon,lol ,hey ringside could u hook up me & the guy we have no clue who he is,lol

26. brandon says:

Brandon macarthur ;)

27. Jeff Harrison says:

I miss fighting in Montreal!

28. Showtying says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 1 Thumb down 11

29. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Yeah Im a loser,ur on here pretending to be someone else and im a loser,lol. u put in too much punctuation to be my boy showtying,lol

Honestly Brandon I mean this the most respectful way possible,but ur not even remotely on my level now,i wont just beat u but would destroy u in the 1st rd,u bring nothing to the table that threatens me,ill crush u rather easy,im not Dan chmabers,lol dont get it twisted. I could&would have beat u when i was half assing mma and didnt even train,me now ur not even close to me.Ill ko or submit u 1st rd. i like that ur like me and will fight anyone,but that doesnt mean shit. Me by however i want 1st rd vs you.

30. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Oh sorry Markaile,im a tool. I thought u were saying that to Brandon about me,i thought someone else wrote that,lol.Im a tool,lol

Ive neve rhad problems with Brandon,hes been cool and respectful with me usually. But…….hes nowhere near me,and i own him if we fight. its almost not fair even.

31. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Althought Brandon in this case showtime is right,u would make me famous,i would F$%k u up so bad everyone would be talking about it.

32. JYD says:

Tim Chessell is a undersized 135er. What the hell is he doing fighting at 155? David might seriously injure him.

Chessel is 5’4 and weighs in around 131.

I’m sure this is a mistake.

34. fitplusmma says:

Adam Lorenz vs Tristan Johnson. Both looking for opponents and are two of Canada’s best that dont have a fight coming up. Whichever organization gets this done would have a hell of a fight for the fans

35. Adam Lorenz says:

36. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

JYD, Robin Black, both times Lafond fought in ’11 it was at 155. Lightweight was the weight I was given when I found out about this fight. Remembering Lafond, I don’t think he could go any smaller.

37. brandon says:

Really marcus? ill give you my purse if you beat me the way you say you will. I never took training to serious either but no excuses. your striking isnt even close to my level and you know it! i train with good ppl now and my game has improved huge. Like look at my fight with bongfeldt. No disrespect but i win that fight. I dont think your a push over either but only a fight could tell whos who!

As for you showtime all the talking you do i would love to smash you. You consider yourself a striker well ill show you striking. I asked moin to fight you but didnt get the chance to beat you down. Lets do this!

38. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

A Heavyweight bout between Vladimir Starcencov (1-0) and Blake Nash (1-1) has been added to the card.

39. Joe Doerksen says:

I’m bored. I wanna fight.

Just sayin…

40. Graham Weenk says:

Lorenz vs Johnson= fight of the night! If any event is willing to make this happen

41. Donald Duck says:

LOL – Everyone has a guess as to who the Duck is sorry Hicks I’m not Mark P. I’ve seen you shoot your mouth off for years and then never back it up in the ring. You run the same sad excuses about why you failed to execute every damn time.

I will say you got a lot of people’s attention in the Brown fight. Ain’t nobody (and that includes your mom Marcus) thought you had anything for Farmer and yet you gave him hell. The thing is you can’t show up for a pay cheque time and time again and expect people to expect anything less from you.

My advice? Shut your mouth and get in the gym. Talk after not before big boy.

Donnie from the Block

42. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Francis Charbonneau (1-0) is off the card due to injury. Yohan Gariepy awaits a replacement opponent.

43. Julian Cymbalista-Clapp says:

Christ Franck (1-3) is stepping in to replace the injured Charbonneau against Yohan Gariepy.

44. daron cruickshank says:

What’s up ringside? Hope all is well.

45. hawkes says:

Your an exciting fighter Daron… hope they get you to fight. Although i think they were hoping for Ricci to beat you so it might be tough lol.

I’ll be at this show for shizzle. LMA would you fight Farmer again? I went to the first one.
    And someone step up and fight El Dirte!

47. The nine bouts we’ve had up for quite some time are now all officially confirmed by the promotion.

48. One last late change. Blake Nash (1-1) is out against Vladimir Starcencov. Replacing him is Stephane Tessier, an 0-0 fighter who sports a 3-27-1 pro boxing record. Last winning a (boxing) bout in 2005, he’s since gone 0-25-1, with all but one loss via decision.

49. Billy Smith says:

Isnt Marcus Hicks a tuna can? I heard he was just a filler guy who comes in as a punching bag.