Canadian Rumour Mill – January 24
Big congratulations to Robin Black who from all accounts had a wonderful marriage ceremony with his beautiful wife! Robin is a sweetie and I am very happy for him! Congratulations!
- Mike Ricci will look to come back from his recent defeat against Tony Hervey at Ringside on March 17.
- Sounds like Roger Hollett’s Bellator fight has been pushed back. Look for Hollett to headline the next ECC card in Halifax in April.
- Rumour has it Mark Holst’s comeback fight will be for the Wreck MMA WW title vs Nathan Gunn.
- Manitoba MMA Scene = Life Support. Just have Cage Fighting Manitoba, who’s going to step up in Manitoba? There was talk of Score Fighting Series, Armageddon, Hard Knocks or Aggression coming to the province but no news yet. Canadian Fighting Championship… Sigh!
- Multiple sources have suggested to me that the UFC will be heading out west to Alberta. The show will almost definitely be held in Calgary around June. The UFC seems to not be interested in holding a show in Edmonton, not with the commission in place there and ½ point system, etc.
- Indestructible MMA (formerly part of Hope Fight Productions) will hold their inaugural show on April 21st in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
- Well I guess Joe Doerksen isn’t fighting in Quebec. His opponent has withdrawn due to injury.
- Syd Barnier/management refused to fight Eric Perez, when offered by a promotion in the east.