Canadian Rumour Mill – January 9
This week’s Gossip Queen is coming from the shores of Mazatlan as this girl is getting her tan on and drinking some ocean-side Margaritas. Maybe next week I will have some tan line pics to show you all!
Also, don’t forget to enter the Scorpion King 3 contest. Here’s a tip one of the answers is George St. Pierre. :)
- It’s sure picking up for Ontario MMA… up to 19 tentative dates so far for 2012. Here’s just some of the info:
- UFC pencilled in for a Toronto return.
- We may have up to three Bellator shows at Casino Rama.
- The Score Fighting Series has a date of March 31st in London in addition to their Feb 18th date. However, take these with a grain of salt as the Score moves their dates around quite a bit.
- Freedom Fight could return on April 21st with a show in Sudbury again.
- Slammer, Global Warriors and Meltdown are all looking to return this year.
- No MMA Live has been booked in 2012. CEMMA and C3 (remember these debacles?) are nowhere to be found.
- And somewhat surprisingly, no MFC dates/locations have been booked so far in Ontario for 2012.
- Also, look for MMA in Ontario to visit at least a couple of new cities – Petewawa and Barrie are tentatively booked.
- Is Brad Cardinal suspended or not? Looks like this may be a case of an MRI getting lost in the mail, oy! Stay tuned.
- MFC has released both Andreas Spang and Sheldon Westcott from their contractual obligations.
- The latest rumoured date for Instinct MMA is February 10.
- Despite Renato “Babalu” Sobral having signed with OneFC, look for him to possibly fight for Instinct MMA in 2012.
- Look for the next UGC show to be held on April 7. With Ali Nestor scheduled to be competing in boxing on the show.
- There’s a 50/50 chance that Robin Black’s first “comeback” fight will be in Edmonton.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: email@example.com.