Unified MMA 11 – Edmonton – March 30

Date: March 30, 2012
Location: Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, AB
TV:
Tickets: Buy Tickets

Fight Card:
125lbs- Mike Davis (7-3) vs. Corey Lautischer (5-1)
***Flyweight Title Fight

155lbs- Merrick Duggan (4-1) vs. Troy Sorenson (5-3)
185lbs- Josh Dugas (2-1) vs. Nick Campbell (2-1)
170lbs- Mark Drummond (2-1) vs. Spencer Jebb (1-0)
155lbs- Jevon Marshall (2-4) vs. Neal Anderson (2-2)
155lbs- Leo Constant (3-6) vs. Ryan Rother (2-4)
170lbs- Brandon Hammond (1-0) vs. Jeff Larkin (2-0)
180lbs- Rocky Biggs (1-0) vs. Jarid Howse (0-0)
158lbs- Neil Doty (1-1) vs. Robb Buzzeo (0-0)

145lbs- Steve Zachary (0-0) vs. Justin Nanaquawetung (0-0)
135lbs- Eric Huang (0-0) vs. Michael Banin (0-0)

***All bouts subject to commission approval***

84 Responses to “ Unified MMA 11 – Edmonton – March 30 ”

1. Donald Duck says:

We don’t eat the pork at my house.

Donnie

2. Mike Davis says:

duck can you grab some 5 guys burgers and fries while your out grabbing your food.

Thanks Mike

3. Tyler Davis says:

Donnie may I recommend egg whites by the carton? Really convenient, saves so much time in the morning. I also have a tiny frying pan which gives me perfect size omelets that I wrap in a whole wheat torttila. Munch that on the way to work its perfect.

4. Donald Duck says:

Mike I’m on it. Do you want anything else while I’m there?

Tyler – Good point, Mrs. The Duck is always on me for using too much fridge space for eggs. She’s always like, “We can lay our own eggs why do you keep buying more?!?” I dunno, just seems wrong to eact duck eggs. Chicken eggs however…. delish.

Here are my picks:

Corey Lautischer
    Merrick Duggan
    Josh Duggas
    Mark Drummond
    Neal Anderson
    Ryan Rother
    Brandon Hammond
    Rocky Biggs
    Neil Doty
    I dunno those 2 guys.
    Eric Huang

6. Donald Duck says:

How do you not pick a guy named Rocky to win his fight?

Donnie’s picks:

Mike – Corey sounds like a girl’s name so I can’t pick him.

Merrick – I looked at a picture of this Tron guy on line and he looks very small and smiley. Smiling doesn’t win fights.

Nick – I think Nick sounds like a fighter’s name.

Spencer – The guy’s last name is Jabb!!! That’s a fighter’s name.

Neal Anderson SILVA?!?!? – He’s going to win.

Anthony RIDE THE Lightening! – Are you freaking kidding me?!? How can this guy not win?

Larkin – That sounds silly, almost like Lurch! Jeff Lurch. Hmm, on second thought that dude always scared me when I watched the Adam’s Family. Lurch will win this fight.

Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocky!!!!

Neil and Robb? No pick, both names are silly.

Nanaquawetung – He could just use his last name to beat the other guy. He could walk into the ring and yell, “Spell Nanaquawetung!” And while his opponent was trying to spell his last name he could knock him out.

Eric Hyaung – Yup, that’s my final pick.

There you have it, you should all go and bet on my picks due exclusively to the scientific manner in which they were made.

Donnie!

7. Mike Davis says:

maybe treat yourself out to some marble slab while out on the town, in no way am i stating what i am craving.

8. Just Sayin' says:

Smiling doesn’t win fights….might want to remind Davis on that one. I recall seeing him at his last title fight for KOTC entering the ring all smiles and goofing around, wouldn’t want to see him screw up two title matches.

9. Mike Davis says:

lol Just Sayin’ are you saying I cannot have fun doing what I love? should I be angry and punch myself? thought I got into this sport cause I love it and enjoy the sport….maybe I will just be angry and pissed off all the time, that work better for you?

“Smiling doesn’t win fights” no it does not its the training people do every day but again you would not know a thing about that obviously.

Win, lose, draw I can go in there and enjoy what I am doing, and I do not see a single fucking thing wrong with that. I was just happy to get the chance as I was back when I fought Clayton Sheen knowing I was in way over my head, just went out there to have fun and enjoy the moment.

And of course you want me to “screw” up another title fight. A loss or Win on your record is a huge possibility when you fight, you make it sound like it would be a shameful thing to lose a fight lol

Best of luck to everyone on card and Corey best of luck cannot wait, your a great guy look forward to the fight.

10. Tyler Davis says:

Wow you really need a life eh? Try making fly fishing lures!!! Actually that sounds pretty fun

Well said Mike, It’s a nice change to see someone visibly enjoying being in a fight rather than trying to look “hardcore” and intimidate everyone… Just look at Krzysztof Soszynski always has a smile on his face when he fights, it even extends to hockey with a guy like Ray Emery when he gets a chance to fight! haha

Just do what you do and put on a good show for the fans… Best of luck to all involved, gonna be a great fight either way!

12. Just Sayin' says:

Ummmmm, I was actually commenting on Donald Duck’s absurd remark that Merrick should win simply because Sorenson is too smiley from the pictures he googled. It was Donald that said fighters who smile can’t possibly win. I was trying to point out how ridiculous that sounded as Mike always seems to be smiling and having a good time and has a good winning streak. But, I guess Donald’s idea of a good fighter is whether he has a goob name and is grumpy looking.

13. mike davis says:

Oh jumped gun then haha thought was hacking on me cause losses against Sheen and enjoying it. I realized when you put pressure on yourself to perform you stop enjoying your sport and once you stop enjoying it what is the point. Im going into this fight without pressure on myself like the last fight vs mark and just go back to having fun and not let everytjing else bug me.

14. Just Sayin' says:

Ya, I re-read my post. Understand how it could have been misread especially if you didn’t read Donald’s picks post. Sorry man. Definitely don’t have anything against a guy enjoying himself and the sport he loves. Just don’t know why people jump down my throat and make fun of me for posting my picks – as I too enjoy the sport.

15. Just Sayin' says:

I guess maybe I should just stick to making fly fishing lures.

16. Idolmaker says:

Geez are you two former lovers or something? Just sayin…

17. Donald Duck says:

@ Just sayin’ – Your dummer that a stick of toast.

@ Mike – You realize this is just the interwebs and you don’t have to jump at everything? Sheesh, sometimes I think peoples forget that this is all fun and games.

18. Tyler Davis says:

I think I’m going to start making fly fishing lures, I mean you get to make any kind of fly you want

19. Tyler Davis says:

Stick of toast???? Mmmmmm carbs

20. Just Sayin' says:

Duckie – That should read “YOU’RE dummer THAN a stick of toast.” Enough said…

21. Donald Duck says:

Hi Just Sayin’,

I had hoped that it would not come as a significant surprise to you that I oft post ironically. I had also hoped that my prior posts had given you the impression that I have a strong grasp of the English language. Sadly it would appear that my witty repartee has been lost on you.

The ironing, as they say, is delicious.

Donnie

22. Just Sayin' says:

Hmmmm, gee whiz, nope Donnie… I guess none of your past posts striked me as you having high intellect…It appears all WAS lost. Such a shame.

UPDATE: Leo Constant replaces Anthony Lightning against Ryan Rother

24. KP team says:

Martin “The Hitman” Kampmann will be on location at UNIFIED MMA fight card. After the fights he heads back to vegas to train for his next fight.

25. KP team says:

THE 50/50 will be going to the MS society so please don;t forget to give.

Thanks

26. Idolmaker says:

27. Blackout says:

lets go leo….

28. @just sayin says:

if you’re going to correct spelling, be sure to correct all the words, as you so kindly pointed out your should be “you’re” and then should be “than”. you left dummer as dummer when it should be written “dumber”

29. Dee says:

I need tickets for the march 30 in Edmonton. Where do I buy them????

30. Donald Duck says:

Just Sayin’ is just upset that he rushed to correct my post before realizing he’d been had. The best part about TMN is that you can’t go back in and correct your mistakes. Now he’s taking the high horse in an attempt to make himself feel better.

Dummer then toast I’m telling you.

31. Sean Quinn says:

*than*

32. Donald Duck says:

Toest.

33. Idolmaker says:

He or she??? Hmmmmm…

@Dee… Unified 11 has been sold out for about the last week, unfortunately no tickets available at the door this time!