Canadian Rumour Mill – Boxing Day Edition
Boxing Day? I like the Top MMA Radio crew’s idea that if boxing can have its own day, why isn’t there an MMA Day? Regardless, I hope you all had a happy holiday with your friends and family blah blah blah on to the rumours!
- New Brunswick’s Premier will make the decision whether amateur MMA will be allowed provincially in January. Sports NB would oversee it. (currently MMA is only allowed in Moncton).
- Rumor has it the next Wreck MMA will take place April 2012 in Gatineau. I’m hearing that Mark Holst may return on this card vs Nabil Khatib. The two could possibly battle it out for the #1 contendership for Nathan Gunn’s Welterweight title.
- Also look for the Haggis Basher to compete on this card. John Fraser is rumoured to fight Nick Mamalis or a recently released UFC fighter.
- Unified MMA will hold two separate shows in March. One will be a “regular” Unified show with the other being the KOTC/Unified “super show”.
- Ford Robertson will be taking on UFC vet Shamar Bailey in Pure MMA in Pennsylvania.
- Chad Freeman will fight in the US for the first time, he will be fighting Joe Cronin on the same San Manuel KOTC card as Ryan Fortin on Feb 2nd.
- Amateur MMA in Saskatchewan is taking a hit. Northern Xtreme Fighting Championship (NXFC) owner Trevor Wayne Anderson will be spending up to 7 years in jail up in Prince Albert. Dealing in large amounts of Cocaine and Marijuana gets you in big trouble!
- Nordine Taleb defends his Ring of Combat WW title against Arbi Agujev (8-5) at ROC 39 2/10/2012.
- Anna Barone will battle it out with Kaitlin Young (5-5) at Driller Promotions “Downtown Showdown 2” in Minneapolis, Minnesota on January 6th.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: email@example.com.