Merry Christmas from Top MMA News
There was a record number of MMA shows held in Canada – thanks to Ontario for opening their borders to the sport we all love.
2011 also was also a big year for Canadians fighting in the UFC with many fighters making their debut. 2012 looks just as promising as four more Canadians will be making their debut.
It is unbelievable that we are able to cover our great sport from a Canadian perspective and people actually come to Top MMA News to read what we write. For that, Top MMA News would like to thank each and every one of our readers for coming to our MMA Community this past year. Whether you are a fighter or a fan, we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Here are some tongue-in-cheek Christmas wishes that we have for some of our Top MMA News friends!
- To the Queen of Canada Sarah Kaufman – May you find your crown!
- To Marc-Andre Drolet – May you make your return to the cage. Opponent? Kyle Vivian!
- To Ringside – may you get your Snake licensed. Free Claveau!
- To John Alessio, Victor Valimaki, Mark Holst, Ryan McGillivray, Jesse Bongfeldt, Mitch Clarke, Antonio Carvalho, Nick Penner, Ryan Jimmo, and Nick Denis. May you all experience your first UFC wins in 2012.
- To Mark Hominick – may someone at ZUFFA record over that Korean Zombie KO and it be properly forgotten.
- To Ken Florian – may you be able to cut to 135 and get an immediate title shot there.
- To Robin Black – a flowbee.
- To Chris Clements – may you finally get your shot at the Zuffa bigs.
- To Referee Phillipe Chartier – may you find the gumption to step in when blatantly illegal strikes are thrown
- To Mike Davis – a fight.
- To Nathan Gunn – may your beer fridge never be empty
- To Iraj Hadin, Garret Davis, Mike Kent, Guillaume DeLorenzi, and the many more injured fighters – may you return healthy and victorious in 2012.
- To Sean Quinn – may your cure your sour puss and finally make your return to the cage.
- To Mike Reilly – may your moustache dominate the 1 lb division
- To Jesse Gross – may Jesse Gross 2.0 return as the vicious destroyer of the Featherweight division.
- To Mark Pavelich – may the Black Prince of MMA finally get his first MFC show in the US.
- To Pat Reid and the Edmonton Commission – may you finally settle on one scoring system. Maybe the 1/3 point system will work better than the Unified, 1/2 point, Pride rules, Open Scoring, Dream rules that you have considered in the past 24 months.
- To Rashad Evans – may you finally get the true #1 contender spot rather than the fake one you have held for the past two years.
- To Sandy Bowman, Lee Mein, Giuseppe Denatale, and Ari Taub – may you sign on the dotted line and make the Heavyweight Promoters Grand Prix actually happen. At the very least, let’s see Mein vs Bowman at Prestige IV.
- To John Makdessi – may your thighs allow you to cut to 145.
- To Denis Kang – may you return in 2012 as the unstoppable force at 185.
- To Wreck MMA – may you make your Ottawa debut.
- To Joe Doerksen – less beer, more fights
- To the Ontario Commission – may you offer coupons to make your services more affordable.
- To MMA Photographers – may you capture a picture of John Fraser bashing haggis
- To Mike Adams – may you make the Guinness Book of World Records for the first verified TWENTY FOUR pack of abs.
- To Ken McLeod and TJ Coletti – may you sign on the dotted line for the Brawl to End it All.
- To Mandel Nallo and Brad Katona – may your coaches take the reins off and you finally make your professional debuts.
- To Rowan Cunningham, Dan Grandmaison, Curtis Brigham, and Blake Fredrickson – please return for one last run.
- To Ricky Goodall – may the Ginja receive a Jenny Craig membership
- To Ringside and Instinct MMA – best of luck in your race to holding an event at Olympic Stadium.
- To BKB – may you remember that the only time the Winnipeg Jets played the Gretzky-led Edmonton Oilers in a hockey final, the Jets walked away with the trophy!
- To Showtime Wedderburn – bookmark and use this link – http://www.grammarly.com
- To Ryan Jimmo – may you update your dance moves to something a little more current – like the Lindy?
- To Strikeforce – may Dana White not move you to the midwest circuit, competing with Extreme Challenge and holding events in a barn.
- To Quebec MMA teams – may all your coaches speak French or risk making the headlines of the Journal de Montreal
- To Canadian Commissions – stiffer penalties for fighters missing weight
- To Score Fighting Series – may you step up and start running a few four man tourneys over 2012.
- To Ryan Ford and Tim Hague – more lovers, less haters.
- To ‘Big Win’ Don Wilson – may you finally beat Keith Grienke in UFC card predictions for at least card in 2012. This is getting embarassing already.
- To the UFC – may you realize that Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Halifax, and many other Canadian cities could support a UFC event.
- To BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, PEI, Newfoundland – may you finally get provincial commissions
- To Georges St-Pierre – may you finally be impressed by somebone’s performance
All fun aside. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Top MMA News!