Instinct MMA 2 Quick Results – Spratt Stops Grandmont

Instinct MMA is holding their second show in Quebec City. Fans in the neighbourhood should pick up some tickets at Admission. The event will also be available on PPV.

Here are the Instinct MMA 2 quick results:
Main Card
Pete Spratt defeats Martin Grandmont by TKO (Strikes) in Round 2, 4:00
Brandon Thatch defeats Patrick Vallée by KO in Round 1, 0:15
Ricky Goodall defeats Derek Gauthier by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29. 29-28)
Waylon Lowe defeats Tim Wadsworth by KO in Round 1, 2:51
Todd Stoute defeats Evan Nedd by Unanimous Decision (29-28×3)
Joel Theriault defeats Shawn Pauliuk by KO in Round 1, 0:21
Stephane Lamarche submits Guillaume Lamarche by Guillotine Choke in Round 3, 0:22
Guido Carlo defeats Anthony Alirez by TKO (Leg Kicks) in Round 1, 1:05

Prelims
Anselmo Gutierrez defeats Stephan Pinet by TKO in Round 1, 0:38
Sebastien Gauthier defeats Bruce Nelson by TKO in Round 1, 0:30
Brad Morgan defeats Chris Boisvert by TKO (Slam, injury) in Round 1, 4:55
Alexandre Gauthier defeats Ken MacLeod by TKO in Round 1, 0:40
Frank Marques submits Maxime Fecteau by Guillotine in Round 1, 3:41

17 Responses to “ Instinct MMA 2 Quick Results – Spratt Stops Grandmont ”

1. JYD says:

CONGRATS STEPH!

Yay steph!

3. Mackdaddyflex says:

<3 live love laugh

4. sergio says:

wherecan i see video instinct fights

5. mmafan says:

The Wadsworth hype is now over!! He needs to fight more and keep it to his level.This fight was way to much for a fighter with little ring exp..!! Lowe s a fucking ufc vet and Tim has 5 or 6 round of fight time, what else did the mma community expect. He was fed to the wolves on this 1 !

Ricky Goodall took his internet abuse from computer nerds (like me) for missing weight and put it into passion and drive and got after it in this fight.

Good on you. Congrats on a hard fought 15 minutes.

15 gutsy minutes is tough under any circumstances.
    Be proud of that fatty.

(I am only kidding. no one should mock a guy after a tough 15 minute war. Congrats.)

8. Kris says:

He had more gas in the tank from not having to cut weight.

9. mike kent says:

Kris you don’t know what your talking about he proablly cut more wieght the derrick and still missed by 9 pounds ( not a brag ). He didn’t not cut . He tried to cut way to much weight which is not much better . I thought ricky looked terrific in rounds 1 and 2 and won both but was sweating when he skated through the third . Either way it was a great fight . After this ricky will compete at 170 and put this ugly incident behind him .

Good event ! Feel bad for grandmont I love his style so much and he’s a great fighter , he will be back !

Feel great for spratt after hearing the story of his grandmother passing he Deserved a big win .

And thatch has 5 KOs in the first minute . That guys I’d crazy dangerous ! Good signing by instinct !
    Anyone else here the announcer say he can’t wait for the next impact at the end ? Did he mean the next instinct ? Maybe I’m nuts .

10. Kris says:

Mike I’m just messing. I like Goodall.

11. I think Goodall said he had a 2 fight deal with Instinct. I’d like to see Goodall vs Grandmont next.

12. mike kent says:

Sorry Kris :( I’m going stir crazy and have been a bit testy lately . Since I got hurt I have nowhere to blow my steam off .I apologize

13. Kris says:

No worries buddy, totally understand.

The Goodall miss was totally unacceptable. Who cares about 20% when you didn’t have to suffer like the other guy and you get the win? Total bullshit and people are soft-pedalling it. I hope Instinct doesn’t bother with him again.
    The venue/set-up was nice enough(except for only having ONE cashier at the food concession stand). But why not have the after party near the hotel where you put the fighters up as opposed to a million miles away in some god forsaken strip mall?
    Quebec is beautiful city…

15. Ricky Goodall says:

Harry Balls:

I agree, and admitted it several times. Twice in 13 fights is not something I’m proud of and as I mentioned I won’t accept a fight at that weight until I am walking around much closer.

In my defense, however, Gauthier is a great fighter and although I was heavier there was no point where that weight was directly used to win the fight. I didn’t lay on top of him or use it to my advantage other than having a few lbs behind my punches.

I have personally had to GAIN weight on weigh in days to fight many times in weight classes I was far too small for, and I have won, and I believe this is happened in many fights all the way to the championship level (Frankie Edgar, for example).

It’s no excuse, but a fight is a fight and a win is a win, but I can promise this won’t happen again from me.

I’ll give you credit for responding and owning it.
    Best of luck coming in on point from here on in.

17. Ricky Goodall says:

Thank you, I appreciate that!