KOTC Canada: Obsession Results

Cody Rempel is at the King of the Cage event in the Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, Alberta. Here are the quick results:

Joe Cronin submits Elmer Waterhen by (Half Nelson Shoulder Crank) in Round 2, 2:40

Jeff St. Pierre defeats Nolan Nelson by TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 4:01

Evan Cardinal defeats James McGrath via TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:50

Simon Shirt defeats Greg Large by KO (Punch) in Round 1, 1:47

Spencer Jebb defeats Adrian Cardinal by KO (Punch) in Round 1, 1:12

Ryan Disher and Chris Lauzon ends in No Contest due to Illegal Elbow in Round 1, 1:47

Cody Ries submits Danny Simms by Triangle Choke in Round 1, 0:53
___________________________

16 Responses to “ KOTC Canada: Obsession Results ”

1. Halfe vs Jackson fight is off as per Jason Bouwmeester.

Lauzon vs. Disher changed to a no contest due to illegal elbow

3. Jamie Locke says:

Just heard Adrian Cardinal was scheduled to fight on the CFM card coming up. Until just tonight he bailed because of this fight…. Maybe if he wins he can do both…haha

4. Bdc says:

Details on illeagal elbow?

Lauzon shot in for a TD, Disher sprawled and dropped a 12-6 elbow, very close to the spine!

6. Adrian Cardinal will never fight for Cage Fighting Manitoba EVER!!!!

What he did was the lowest of lows… In the many years of promoting I have never ever been screwed around this bad by any fighters or managers.

Denny Houle (Adrian’s Manager) and I had many conversations and had a verbal agreement in place for Adrian to fight on CFM 3 against Travis Gervais. I had put the fight to the MBC for approval and it was approved over 3 weeks ago. I then sent them all the medical forms and his contract to fight for CFM and they said they would get it all back to me as soon as they could. Stall Tactic? I am speculating. I get some of the medical forms, but no contract. I had multiple conversations with Denny about this fight and they were fully committed to it. I really thought Denny was a stand up guy and his word was good. I then get a message from a friend saying Adrian’s fighting on KOTC today and after verifying that he was, I asked them to call me ASAP and got the run around from both. I finally spoke to Adrian himself on the phone and he denied it to me straight out. Then tells me there are 3 guys with the same name. Does this guy think I fell off the turnip truck?? WTF!!
    Then after wasting most of my afternoon and the Manitoba Commission’s afternoon, Adrian’s manager Denny says Adrian wanted both fights for the paydays and that KOTC made him an offer he could not refuse.
    Well Adrian, I hope you enjoy fighting out there because as long as I am promoting you will never fight in the CFM Cage in Winnipeg. You have not only affected me and my family business by costing us money in flights hotels ETC, you have disrespected your opponent Travis Gervais! You my friend are the worst I have ever come across. I will work hard to find Travis another fight so at least his training was not for nothing. You can also be sure I will share what you did to all other promoters that I know in the business.

7. BigBoi says:

wow, 12 and a 1/2 minutes of fighting.

8. Guys be sure to understand that Denny Houle did try and convince Adrian Cardinal to not fight at KOTC when he found out this was going on.

9. derek leblanc says:

Too Bad for Don Wilson’s favorite fighter losing early

10. chris lauzon says:

if it dint hurt so much i would have gotten up and would rather get knocked out than ever take a shot to the spine again it was painful

11. Bdc says:

Dude you realise you were in a professional fight right? Its all gona hurt!

12. Da Chin says:

Watched the James McGrath fight, great example of bad ref stoppage.

13. Dean Panas says:

I disagree and think the stoppage saved the kid from damage. I’ll agree the kid wasn’t out but he was not defending himself at all. Kyle Cardinal was instructing him to defend himself and he wasn’t doing it. By stopping it when he did, Kyle saved someone from getting hurt pretty bad in my opinion.
    Evan Cardinal can throw!! It was great to see some body shots in an MMA fight.

14. Evan Cardinal says:

I think the stoppage was a bit quick but based on what actually happened it was the right move by Kyle. James was sitting flat on his butt with his back on the cage with both hands down on his side, it would have been different had James had his hands up covering his face or protecting himself. I landed 3-4 unanswered blows directly to James’ face and once your hands are down its hard to bring them back up and cover up once your taking blows. But I think the main reason for the stoppage was the body position that James was in. I was standing over top and was in a good spot to rain down some hard blows. Its only the start of our/his career and there is no reason to risk taking years off his fighting career. I respect the protest from him, his team and fans but its the referees job to look after the fighters safety first and foremost, not about letting a guy take a few extra shots just so the fans will get their monies worth.

15. Pat says:

I disagree with the call on the Cardinal/McGrath fight that you guys are talking about. From what I watched of it; it seemed that the shots weren’t phasing McGrath and that when he was down he was just getting back up as the referee stepped over top of him very quickly. And frankly it looked like a couple of glancing blows at most as Kyle Cardinal jumped on top of the whole thing. Debatable, but that’s just my opinion.