Canadian Rumour Mill – November 15

This has been bothering me all week… Regie des Alcools des Courses et des Jeux (RACJ) won’t license guys due to supposedly have ties to bikers, but WILL license fighters who have admitted to raping a 17 year old girl?! SICKENING!!!

• Mike Adams vs Graham Spencer rematch signed for Battlefield’s vacant Featherweight strap.
  • John Alessio is fighting in Canada again, Meltdown in the Valley is bringing in Ryan Healey as his opponent.
  • Meltdown will be announcing another big fight very shortly
  • Advin Omic is taking on Keto Allen at Hard Knocks.
  • Wagnney Fabiano’s been talking about a return to action in the near future.
  • I have very strong sources that can confirm the MFC is 1000% signing a deal to hold multiple shows in the United States of America in 2012, finally!  This will mean an expanded schedule of MFC events next year.
  • Ryan Jimmo will star alongside former WWE stars Gene Snitsky and Maria Kanellis in the sequel to cult/B-movie Manos – Hands of Fate (1966), titled Manos – The Search for Valley Lodge. The movie is scheduled for a release in 2013.
  • Tristar China! Tristar is blowing up! Vigneault is heading it up with more to come!
  • W-1 will have both Joe Stevenson and Gabriel Gonzaga competing on their next show in the US.
  • Canada’s deadliest airport security agent is no more. Ivan Menjivar is now a full time fighter

18 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – November 15 ”

1. Mike Davis says:

Advin Omic vs Keto Allen F#@* YA!

2. jeffrey wilson says:

I thought the Pav was going to be:

1. Locking up all of Ontario (1 show)
    2. Having shows in the Carribean (0 shows)
    3. In the USA two years ago (0 shows)

Pav routinely throws out his big plans for MFC but often more than not, nothing really happens.

I am not taking anything away from his organization, but if you go back and look at his media releases over the last few years, most just fall into the hype category.

The Pav does have one of the stronger shows out there, but now it often comes down to the case of “I’ll believe it when I see it” type of thing. Granted this is just the rumour mill so we need to hear it from the MFC if and when they decide to announce it.

3. EPerez says:

I think before he was going to lock up Ontario, he was going to come to Manitoba. (0 shows)

4. Jamie Locke says:

How about Mike Adams vs Graham Spencer rematch… I’ve been waiting for this since the last fight! I hope this show is in Nanaimo, that’d be nuts for the fans here.

Graham can win this fight anywhere he wants. Hopefully Mike has been keeping fresh, it’s been a while.

5. Ryan says:

the MFC should worry about expanding across canada first. I mean, they bailed on the November show in ontario. They have a champ from the east coast which is dying for a high level show. They need to figure out what they’re doing, becuase to me it seems like they have no idea.

I wish the best for them though. Say what you will about Pav, his show is consistent and gives fighters a platform to fight infront of thousands and he pays handsomely.

6. geoff says:

Hey Ryan (AKA Pav) You dont pay “hansomely”, In some cases you dont pay at all.. get a life

7. Paveldouche says:

jeffrey wilson knows whats up.

If MFC ever leaves their shelter of Edmonton, it will only be as matchmaker as another company takes on role of promoter. Just like their trip to Ontario.

8. Bigtoe says:

First off, I love the rumor mill! There is always funny ass comments! I’ve been wondering about a couple of things and hopefully everyone can shed some light on my questions below.

When are we going to start seeing some UFC Fight Nights in Canada? There was talk about Edmonton and Calgary but I haven’t heard anything for a while…

Any word on Mein’s next SF fight?

Lastly, If Fox FX is covering Ultimate Fighter, will Sportsnet be our continueing outlet in Canada? What about other cards not on PPV?

Cheers,

Might be fight nights in Calgary Edmonton Winnipeg and others next year.

Nothin scheduled yet for Jordan.

Sportsnet is committed for a few years.

Good times.

Lee Mein mentioned on one of his statuses that they are training for a fight and they’re hoping for January but I haven’t heard of any cards rumoured after the December card.

11. ShittyBill780 says:

Apparently the UFC wont being showing prelims for free on facebook anymore staring in 2012. Instead they will be on Fuel TV in the states, and the 2 spike prelims will be shown of FX, im assuming Sportsnet will continue to air the 2 feature prelims that will be airing on FX but anyone know if they will be showing the Fuel TV ones as well?

12. Ryan says:

@ Geoff.

So, I was critical of the MFC, and said ONE good thing about them, and that makes me Pav? I live in Nova Scotia buddy.

I like the MFC, they put on good shows. They also give canadian fighters a place to fight on live TV in front of thousand. Yeah, Pav is a pervert, douchebag, and highly delusional. But that doesn’t mean he hasn’t done good things. Maybe it’s time you grew up.

13. Tim Ford says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated... Thumb up 5 Thumb down 20

Actually Tim sorry to say but I hear Bellator had almost 4 times the viewers that MFC did.

Not surprising tho from a TV perspective. Bellator has been on the network for 3 or 4 years, same channel etc, the network markets the product hard, the network has a real presence in MMA in Canada, Bellator was live, Bellator was in Southern Ontario, and so forth.

TSN has not been involved in any real combat sports in over 5 years, did zero marketing for mfc, mfc was a tape delayed show that the core audience had already seen on HDNet, etc.

I still think this is a good thing, a good thing for MFC, and a good thing for fighting on tv in Canada. It’ll grow.

15. A solid source (always wanted to say that) told me that it is very likely that Sportsnet will be showing the FUEL TV prelims as well.

If Sportsnet decides not to for some reason, I’d love for another network to show them here. But I think Sportsnet may have exclusive rights to them.

Sportsnet has “first right of refusal” for all UFC shows.

If they turn it down another network could theoretically try, but its doubtful.

I’m sure Sportsnet will show them.

17. canadx says:

Hot tip for readers in here!

Everyone has “the first right of refusal” to disbelieve all “solid sources”.

ESpecially since many solid souces cannot spell mma.

18. dan simmler says:

First thing first.

Pav screws everyone he deals with

Pav is like a oil well he sucks every last drop

Pav is not the MFC Mr.Zerr is actually the one whom holds it down.

Pav is larger than life only in a mirror.

Pav has made it far but the end is near however the oil well is dry in Edmonton and Ontario won’t have him so he must move on.

Please take this ugly bacteria “Pav” away from Canada at least in the States they will be a bit more ruthless with him when they get taken.

Pav is the new Pavia UFC will spit you out and it will be the greatest thing to see since ur offspring got charged.

Pav=Negative

But them are just my thoughts.

MFC-Fighters run run run away from the Pav