Steve Williams on Elite One MMA

Top MMA News’ Derek Leblanc talks with Steve Williams, the co-owner of Elite 1 MMA in Moncton, New Brunswick. Steve talks about his recent Wild Card 2 card and gives his thoughts on the Lightweight tournament. He talks about future matchups that Elite 1 MMA is considering as well as the state of MMA in the Maritimes.

16 Responses to “ Steve Williams on Elite One MMA ”

Good job Derek, you keep getting better man.

Asked all the important questions, and Steve Williams seemed to give good honest responses.

Enjoyed it.

2. MIKE KENT says:

alot of people give steve williams a hard time but i always enjoy fighting for him ! he works hard on putting shows together and has given fighters on the east coast and maritimes a reliable constant platform to fight on ! without elite 1 we would be lucky to scrape 1 or 2 fights togther a year ! of course he supports his N.B guys they put people in the seats and whether or not they win alot of fights their style of fighting is exciting and they all come to brawl.

Were all treated amazing everytime we make the trip to fight for elite 1

When is the senior citizen fighting again? The public demands it!

I agree with Mike. Elite 1 has been great to deal with.

They are positive and passionate and they are good people. I hope I get to fight for them again next year.

I always try to figure out what motivates promoters. Some wanna make a quick buck, some want to be “the man”, some are overly competitive, and some (the good ones) do it for love of the sport.

In my opinion Steve does it for love of the sport.

Good luck on the next show Steve.

5. Thanks for the kind words Bobby. It’s great that I get the feedback good or bad from people like you on the site because I didn’t get the feedback as much as I would have liked from the last site I worked that. Its good to know if I am doing things right or wrong because I am my hardest critic and think what I do is never good enough. Hopefully you will be back in yarmouth in April, I will even get you a donair which I know you enjoy so much haha

6. L-Boutin says:

It’s hard to get the John Williams-Larry Brewbaker farce out of my mind, when I hear about Elite 1.

HAHAHA Yea for sure I’m gonna be there in April.

8. Brad d says:

Good stuff guys Elite 1 rocks with out them we would be swamped.It’s nice to fight in the maritimes where friends and family can come to watch, best of luck elite 1 Kent you the man buddy

Also ya I agree Derek you get better each interview.

^was gonna mention that. gettin your reps in!

11. jason boutililer says:

Steve puts on good shows for the fans but the bigger picture is he’s getting guys off the streets and away from crime and drugs…

12. Ryan says:

Say what you want about their match making or bias, but they provide a consistent platform for east coast fighters to build themselves up and get paid. Mike is right, if it wasn’t for them, we would be boned over here.

Kudos.

13. Hank902 says:

Mostly agree with the comments on here about Steve and Elite1. I’m not a big fan of some of the things Steve has done and I actually feel like he’s not that biased to his own guys he tends to stick them in over their heads. He’s the olny guy making a push for Maritime MMA and you have to respect him for that. I really would like to see him come to Halifax but I think he should forget Ontario. Too many guys there now IMO.

14. MIKE KENT says:

yeah halifax makes alot of sense and ECC and Elite one have a good working relationship so i dont think it would cause any waves. Look for ECC to also gear back up and put on some great cards in 2012 in new venues

15. Ryan says:

Hopefully they do come to Halifax. I wouldn’t mind having my first ammy fight on it that’s for sure.

16. Hank902 says:

I don’t care who puts on the shows just as long as they have them and they put the effort in to make them quality shows. Any word on where ECC might be holding these shows?
    Ryan I don’t think Ammy MMA is approved in Nova Scotia.