Canadian Rumour Mill – October 17
So Ringside’s show is coming up this week, I am curious to see how their show responds to the re-emergence of Stephane Patry and his new Instinct MMA promotion. My feelings are that this is a pivotal show for them as they obviously will want to keep their stranglehold tightly on the Quebec MMA scene. Also, come on let’s get “The Snake” back in there!
- SHORTEST RETIREMENT EVER!?!? Lindsay Hawkes could return to competition on Hard Knocks’ Medicine Hat show against long time veteran Chris Ade, who’s coming off a long layoff. OK, I just don’t get it, first Hawkes says he’s going to fight a BILLION times before the end of the year, then he says he’s going to win a MILLION straight fights before the end of the year, he re-iterates this a few days before his September 10th fight with Chris Stranger. Then, SHOCKINGLY he announces his retirement from active competition following his loss to Stranger totally throwing his plans of MMA world domination (at least as an active competitor) into disarray. Now, I hear that his plans of world domination are back on track! PHEW, Lindsay you had me worried there… /sigh.
- Hawkes’ WAMMA teammate, Eric Perez, is also rumoured to be on the Hard Knocks Medicine Hat card. He’s is set to fight one-legged fighter, Matt Betzold. Betzold (2-3) had to have his leg amputated due to consuming poisoned candy as a child, sad story. I really don’t see any positive in Perez fighting Betzold. He wins, everyone will criticise him for defeating a disabled fighter. If he loses, everyone will criticise him for losing to a disabled fighter. Strange…
- With EFC’s Grande Prairie show being “postponed”, does this put a damper on their possible push into Edmonton at the end of this year?
- Derek Boyle may be fighting Guilliame LaMarche at Instinct MMA 2.
- Ringside has signed Heavyweight Eric Barrak away from their cross town rivals. Barrak was last seen tapping out Butterbean at Instinct MMA. Maybe now he will get to face Donald Brashear as he mentioned in his post fight interview.
- Ringside is also talking about Steve Claveau fighting in 2012 for them in Victoriaville.
- More Ringside, it looks like Ringside will be putting Rising Star to bed just as MFC put HeatXC to bed. There simply does not seem to be a market for debuting fights.
- Looks like Mike Ciesnolevicz is off the Prestige FC show this week.
- Pedro Rizzo is out of his fight with Tim Sylvia at Pro Elite. Let’s have Boyle’s favourite son, Tim Hague step in and make The Maniac crap his shorts again.