Canadian Rumour Mill – October 3

All the complaints I have been getting about boring rumour mills are driving this girl to drink and making me sadder than a BigBoi rant!  I am trying, but you can always help me out by emailing me at gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.

• Sounds like Josh Hill won’t have any more problems finding opponents in the near future as he seems to be moving up to the UFC.
  • Instinct MMA has already sold 3,500 tickets for their debut show on October 7th.   Looks like Stephane Patry still knows how to promote.
  • Still on Instinct MMA, their second show will be December 2nd. The event is scheduled to feature 3 big international names. “One is a legend, one is very exciting and one is an icon.”  Look for the show to be in Quebec City.
  • Watch for Jeff Joslin to make his acting debut in the psychological thriller “The Secret Cross. The film premieres October 22nd in Toronto at the Royal Theatre/Cinema.
  • Look for Robin Black, as well as some other recognizable MMA fighters and personalities to appear in the upcoming movie, Own3d, which will start filming in early 2012. This will be the first film from the MMA/Action movie dedicated Owned Entertainment based out of Toronto.
  • Former/Current/??? MFC Lightweight Champ Antonio McKee is saying that he’s out to prove that he’s the MFC’s only African Assassin. Look for him to make his return MFC 32.
  • Is Butterbean going to last all the way through his October schedule? Instinct MMA – Oct 7, Boxing in Indiana – Oct 14, Prestige FC Oct 21.  Here’s hoping that he lasts all the way to the end of the month and Prestige gets to use him.
  • Look for a Cage Fighting Manitoba card November 25.
  • Promoters interested in Ontario MMA dates for the first half of 2012 can start scheduling them with Ontario commission in October.
  • Both Machan brothers will be appearing on the October 15th EFC card in Grande Prairie. Ryan Machan is likely to face TUF vet Javier Torres.
  • Mike Malott is entering the Elite 1 Lightweight tourney.  Mr. Pretty Young Thing becomes my #1 pick to win it all.
  • Now to some contract issues… It sure sounds like Ryan Ford is out of Bellator before even getting started. I’m hearing that Bellator did not feel warm and fuzzy after hearing about his lingering(?) MFC contractual issues.  Seems that the MFC informed Bellator through channels that he is still under contract with them and Bellator decided it was not worth pursuing the added hassle. Surely, the shocking Hulett loss didn’t help matters.  The MFC is claiming Ryan Ford is bound to them for a few more fights.
  • Nick Penner seems to be in a similar predicament with the UFC.  The MFC seems to also be challenging that they have a valid contract and that Nick could owe them as many as 3-4 more fights.
  • Big MFC announcement this Wednesday. I wonder what it is?!?!   My guess: A US event or a Canadian TV deal.
  • Sandy Bowman of Prestige FC has offered to set up the Tim Hague vs Mike Ciesnolevicz grudge match on the 4th instalment of his event. Neutral site, neutral UFC vet ref, neutral judges (Manitoba), same purse, catch weight. Let’s make it happen!

112 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – October 3 ”

1. mike kent says:

Thanks jana but luck has nothing to do with what’s going to happen on the 15th also I do have a hard time counting to three . I almost never leave the 1st round and I don’t give 2 shits about anything u say . 3 now that’s harder ! The only reason you don’t struggle with 3 is this is a special month . You get 3 welfare checks this month . Congrats and good luck with that .

2. Jana says:

Yeah, that’s right Mike … you really have no idea do you? Unreal … the best part is that you don’t even have a clue how ridiculous you sound. Keep talking Mike … that way I don’t even have to respond to your funny comments … you just have a way of saying it all. How old are you anyways? Just curious. :-)

3. Patty says:

Will somebody get this Mike Kent clown a fight so he can shut the hell up?

4. Mike Kent says:

Fighting next Saturday patty , but I have to say no matter what the result I’m not gonna shut up . As long as people liike Jana ( probaly your immediate family ) run there mouth about me I’ll keep responding !

5. Kris says:

Mike kent posts relevant comments. I respect his posts.

6. Ryan says:

Mike Kent is the man. Hope he gets some big fights soon.

7. Jana says:

Mike Kent is a dummy. He can’t handle a big fight …

I’m sure Mike can, I think he’s one of the better prospects on the East Coast.

9. Patty says:

WTF does that mean? East Coast Prospect is still low end

After TJ and Roger there is nothing

10. Kris says:

Mike Kent is a talented fighter. This is where it gets ugly…

11. Jana says:

Hmmmm ….. I’m not so sure … we’ll see when he drops to 170 lbs. and accepts a few challenges ….

12. Derek LeBlanc says:

I disagree with you remark about the east coast Patty. There are more then just TJ and Roger. I suppose Ryan Jimmo (New Brunswick) is nothing, Jason MacDonald (Nova Scotia) is nothing, Tristan Johnson (Nova Scotia) nothing. Matt Macgrath (Nova Scotia) is nothing. A good fighter is a good fighter no matter where they are from. The newer guys out east want to get the big name fights but if there not able to get them yet, its not there fault

13. Derek LeBlanc says:

I disagree with you remark about the east coast Patty. There are more then just TJ and Roger. I suppose Ryan Jimmo (New Brunswick) isn’t nothing, Jason MacDonald (Nova Scotia) isn’t nothing, Tristan Johnson (Nova Scotia) nothing. Matt Macgrath (Nova Scotia) isn’t nothing. . The newer guys out east want to get the big name fights but if there not able to get them yet, its not there fault

14. Jana says:

I agree Derek, Jimmo, McDonald, Johnson, MacGrath ….. absolutely!! Kent? Nope …. not in the same league ….

15. Kent has alot of upside but i know you two have your beef so I will stay out of it haha. There are some prospects that could make some noise in the future besides the six people that have been mentioned

16. Jana says:

For sure Derek :)

17. Ryan says:

Lol, Patty is such a douchebag. Two of the top LW’s from canada are from the Maritimes. One of the best BJJ black belts in the country is also in Halifax.

Get bent, fuckwad.

18. Mike Kent says:

Jana I’m soooo sick of arguing with you because it’s like trying to discuss politics with a monkey . You have no clue what your talking about lol . If you don’t lik m because of my view or he way I talk or carry myself fair game , if you insult me about the way I fight then your just plain stupid , I have been competing one year and have more wins then your husband with no losses against similar competion on the SAME local circuit . I have a title in a small local organization and have never turned down a fight . For the last 6 months I’ve been actively seeking out fights against top guys all over Canada to the point where promotors and some people on this site would say I’m harrasing them lol . Most of these fights I sought out on less then a weeks notice so check your facts . Insulting me is like insulting your own husband . I’ve done everything he has except let my woman humiliate me and my family online an represent herself like she’s missing a chromosone . I haven’t done much except capitalize on the opportunites given to me and seek out other opportunity.

19. Mike Kent says:

East coast fighters are on the rise and have never been stronger and if cow patty doesn’t think then she’s just plain uneducated

20. Sean Quinn says:

This Jana chick comes off as a retarded hobitch. Shut the fuck up already.

p.s BKB is a bitch too.
    p.p.s i still love him.
    p.p.p.s but he’s a bitch.
    p.p.p.p.s so is MAD

HAHAHA! I shoulda dick punched you in Winnipeg!

22. Sean Quinn says:

You had your chance. I dick punched you so fast you didnt even notice it…

With the power of a 135er, no wonder I didn’t feel it.

24. Sean Quinn says:

If you lost your belly chub and back boobs, you would be a 135er too.
    And btw, shut up.

But I haven’t lost them, so I’m a HW. :) LOL

26. Sean Quinn says:

A heavyweight that hits like an infant. And smells like Burger King.

I don’t like Burger King too much.

28. Sean Quinn says:

Yes you do.

29. Jana says:

Jesus, Mike chill out …. I am not insulting you, nor am I calling you nasty names. I just don’t think you are in the same league as MacGrath & Jimmo – that’s it that’s all. Do you … really? I haven’t insulted your family or “your woman” publicly or otherwise. It’s up to you what you “let” “your woman” do or don’t do, I really don’t care …

Sean Q. – “retarded hobitch”? What are you 12, really…I’m not sure what the problem is ….the moment a woman gives her opinion on this site you & your buddy Kent have to jump all over them with “retarded hobitch”& “cow patty”, please – and I’m supposed to be the uneducated hobitch? Yeah you guys really got people like me and Patty figured out. Grow up boys, it’s time to get over your “issues” with women.

30. evmister says:

Aren’t you guys adults? Like im barely an adult and you guys are fucking ridiculous. It’s like im reading over a jr high kids facebook wars. I mean don’t stop by any means, it’s hilarious.
    But lol at hobitch, and yes I can laugh at that cause im not even 19 yet.

31. BigBoi says:

Can we stop the thread derailing with all this bull poopy?

32. trent says:

im going to have to agree grow up guys! pm each other if you want to bicker

33. I will confirm that BKB is a DQ/McD’s kinda guy…

35. mike kent says:

Um no I never claimed to be in jimmo , hollett , magrath , or tjs level . My accomplishments come nowhere near yo any it them and I take pride in the fact that I’ve trained wirh all of them and there all people to look upto ..

Do I believe in myself enough to think that I could be there one day yes … And cow patty was fighter bashing not giving a opinion . I think its great when people give their opinions male or female but everytime my name gets brought up or a post and you respond sarcastically its bullshit. How about steve comes out of retirement and fights me at 170 in january . we can have a great fight and put all this behind us . I’m sure old steve has a few things he would like to do to me lol . Wouldn’t be a problem getting motivated for that

36. Sean Quinn says:

Jana, i have no problem with you giving your opinion. Usually, all you do is attack Mike Kent, because some shit between him and your bff.
    Never meant Kent, I would like him to shut up too sometimes.
    But you’re a hobitch. It would be awesome if you just shut the fuck up already.
    Toodles.
    Trent, you’s a brobitch.

37. Sean Quinn says:

Now im an idiot that cant spell. :(
    Let me edit the above.
    “Jana, i have no problem with you giving your opinion. Usually, all you do is attack Mike Kent, because some of shit between him and your bff.
    I never met Kent, I would like him to shut up too sometimes.
    But you’re a hobitch. It would be awesome if you just shut the fuck up already.
    Toodles.
    Trent, you’s a brobitch.”

Good times.

39. trent says:

oh snap im moving to 135 Sean!

40. Man, I really need to get off my ass and figure out how to let people +1 or vote up/down comments ;)

41. mike kent says:

Sean Quinn needs to shut up lol

Guys its not up for debate I will never shut up lol . I’m not a heel m I treat every opponent I ever had or will have with complete respect and love my sport but I’m a loud mouth that loves conflict amd arguing its not gonna change if I go 27-0 or 6-40

42. Sean Quinn says:

Trent, bring it.
    Jason, im assuming you are voting me up?
    Mike, you shut up or im gonna have to give you a nickname.

43. Sean Quinn says:

Gah, i just re-read some of the shit on this thread.
    Jana, you think that Mike sounds like a retard? lol
    Whoever is typing your shit for you should read it back to you so you can hear how retarded YOU sound.

Im gonna go and grow up now…

44. Anonymousette says:

How bout instead of me and my massive weight advantage (weight gain 3000) u take on my 12 year old son? He is bigger than u too but I’m sure u won’t mind giving up a few pounds? He is a more accomplished martial artist then me. ( joke here)

45. Trent says:

iPhone oops lol

46. Sean Quinn says:

Anonymousette = Trent?

47. david letourneau says:

haha a hobitch, that might be the funniest thing ive ever seen

48. eastcoastwarrior says:

Jana:
    What relevance do you have with the sport today? I know you used to manage a respectful fighter that you ran into the ground. But your 5 minutes of fame are over. Mike doesnt even like me but it is very easy to side with him when you spew vomit from your fingers onto the keyboard that turms into this garbage. I mean seriously, you know nothing of the sport and most of the athletes either hate you or want you to shut the hell up. You should have retired along with your husband, or retired instead of him. Please explain to me your motives for still posting here like the troll you are. I dont hate anyone, but you make it so easy to want to. Seriously, shut up! After ruining your husbands carreer you should have no further attachment to the sport. Please dont poison this board as well. You are bitter and it speaks to your true character when you go on like someone who is educated on the sport or its athletes. Please once, post something relevant or shut up.

49. Kris says: