Unified MMA 9: Quick Results – Omic Dominates Maxwell

Unified MMA 9 is going down tonight in front of a sold out crowd at Mirage Banquet Hall in Edmonton, Alberta. The event features a main event between Welterweights Chase Maxwell and Advin Omic as well as former team mates Tim Smith and Mike Bell going head to head and the return of Jordan McKay. Check back often as results will be updated live.

Quick Results:
Advin Omic defeats Chase Maxwell via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)

Tim Smith defeats Mike Bell via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in Round 3, 3:40
***Tim Hague announces that Smith’s next fight will be for the Unified Lightweight Title

Jordan McKay defeats Mark Burns via TKO (Doctor Stoppage/Cut) in Round 1, 1:48

Merrick Duggan defeats Jevon Marshall via Submission (Guillotine Choke) in Round 1, 1:20

Mark Drummond defeats Adam Blackwell via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)

Anthony Lightning and Sean Carr fight to a Majority Draw (29-27 AL, 28-28, 28-28)

Chris Ariel defeats Kyle Kotylak via TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 3:23

Josh Dugas defeats Simon Shirt via Submission (Armbar) in Round 1, 1:28

Robbie Merrell defeats Adrian Aucoin via Submission (Guillotine Choke) in Round 1, 2:07

Jeremy Aucoin defeats Grant Houle via Verbal Submission (Strikes) in Round 1, 3:50

37 Responses to “ Unified MMA 9: Quick Results – Omic Dominates Maxwell ”

That first guy, just walked away and waved it off. BRUTAL!

Merrell looked good. I was impressed, it’s a wonder what technique can do for you. :)

Nice armbar by Dugas, good work Red Dragons

Ariel tooled that other guy, don’t think the other guy landed anything except a few knees while he was on his back(bad move, lol). That other guy needs to train lots more.

5. James Petryk says:

The first 4 fights appear to be extreme mismatches. Whatever happened to the whole amateur requirements thing before being able to fight professionally? Did that all fall through in the end or is it just not enforced at all? These guys (and we all know who they are from their names before we even see them in person or fighting)… how do they even get licensed? Someone with 0 experience and a few months of training fighting BJJ blue or purple belts with like 20 Muay Thai fights? Do some due diligence commission! Just because someone is 0-0 in MMA doesn’t mean they haven’t been fighting and training many years. Glad people I know personally are winning, but my gawd. I was pleased to see that Aggression and MFC aren’t really doing this and the trend is slowing down, but it is clearly still commonplace. This is why I can’t stomach some of these shows anymore.

Lightning vs Carr was a very competitive fight, super close. Lightning lost a pt for an illegal blow (elbow I think).
    Good scrap.

Also first fight was a close brawl till that dude just quit then tried to walk out of the cage.

7. James Petryk says:

I’m not there, so I likely shouldn’t be saying much (and will try to stop right after this message cuz I’m sure I sound like a jackass). But you can’t say that a couple of those fights should ever have happened. Also, I was legitimately interested in knowing what happened to the amateur requirements that were announced a few months back. Anyone know? For those that had not fought pro already, didn’t a person need a winning amateur record before the commission was to approve them to fight “professionally”? It’s not like anyone is making real money anyway, it wouldn’t be hard to make these guys fight each other rather than someone legit, let them all miss weight, and call it amateur. Still entertaining, and a whole lot less dangerous for them.

Drummond vs Blackwell was a good fight too. Competive.

I don’t know man, lol

I’m enjoying myself :)

10. James Petryk says:

Actually ya… I kinda wish I was there too – haha!

11. brad wall says:

whatd you think of aucoin vs houle? never seen, jeremys my brother! anybody have videos of the night?

Yea good time and packed. Fun fights too.

They have a camera guy there so probably can get tape. Jeremy was doing fine till he got tired (quickly) then got drawn into a brawl with houle. There was one crazy exchange between the 2 with them throwing bombs from their hips with jeremy having his back against the cage. Then shortly afterwards the other dude decided to quit and walk out if the cage.

14. brad wall says:

yeah my dad told me he was drained quickly, but what? lol the guy just walked out?

Yea they were standing there gassed and trading, the the guy just walked away and waved it off. Then tried to walk out of the cage, and commission pulled him back. LOL!

16. brad wall says:

what the fuckkkkk haha, wow that makes my bro look pre badd aha, still got the W

Hahaha.

I dunno what Burns was trying to do in the doing ring, lol, McKay smashed him quick. Looked good.
    Burns looked much better against Keto Allen.

18. Tyler Davis says:

Red dragons

Falcon vs Shady was super competitive. Shady is fighting for LW belt next fight.

20. Mike Davis says:

Yeah Advin that’s my man keep kicking ass, guy trains so hard good for him !!!! Pure continues win streak !

Omic dominated. 30-26

22. denny houle says:

Ya grant is my little brother what he did wasn’t right but he still went in there gave you guys a show I could guarantee you that will never happen again but it was his first pro fight and the weight cut was extremely hard on him I saw other first time people do the same if not worst

23. Brazil Combat says:

I just wanted to say thanks to Mitch Clark for taping my hands(good luck in the big show), Sunny & Tim for the way they treated me from the beginning, and Anthony for one hell of a war. I wanted my final fight to be a good one and Anthony gave me that. Can’t wait to see Jason’s pictures, one of the best photographers out there.

On a side note, I got to meet Ruckus tonight, he’s a cool dude and more knowledgable about MMA than people give him credit for.

Thanks to TOPMMANEWS as well for their coverage of mma. I’m a daily reader.

24. wch says:

Congrats Advin

25. Jason Lee says:

The fight of the night and the fight that looked most technical was Sean Carr and Anthony Lightning. In this match i think there was some poor judging. This was a close fight but after a point being takin off for the illegal elbow the fight shouldve went too Sean Carr.

26. Hey Sean, pics of your fight are up now.

27. Brazil Combat says:

Thanks Jason! Awesome pics!! You really capture the emotions of the fight.

28. Thanks, do what I can – wish the lighting was better in that venue!

29. Brazil Combat says:

Jason, is it possible to get a CD with the pics?

30. alandale says:

Easy way to tell when Pat Reid is full of shit is when his lips are moving. Says one thing one day, does the opposite the next

__________________________________________________

31. BigBoi says:

Alan I’ve said it before but it bares repeating. The days of the MMA Tourist are long gone and the days of the Bobby K’s, TJ’s, Shannon Ritch’s etc… are coming to an end. What we need is for promoters to stop taking the easy way out and filling spots on their cards with guys they know can’t fight.

You can’t tell me the promoter didn’t know that they were signing up mismatches.

32. Tim Hague says:

There see s to be a lot of mismatches when 0-0 fighters are involved guys. Correct me if I’m wrong.

33. james says:

there’s always gong to be miss matches in these show no matter what. even when they got lots of fights under each one’s belt. just look at tim hague last month at aggression. he faught a bum and it was a total miss match. if i were him i wouldn’t call it even a win. everyone talks how great tim is well he could have at least got a guy in shape if he wanted a warm up fight. the guy he faught was out on shape, on short notice? and how long of a losing streak? the fighter’s should have a little more pride in them self’s than that. more people fight in edmonton for money and to show off than anything. the aggression show was great other than the tim fight and everyone knows it. mfc has the most competitive fights other than them.

34. Anonymousette says:

By” involved” what do you mean mr. Hague?

35. The bigguy says:

Mostly a good card & good crowd,but a poor venue……very hard to see the fighters and Shady’s A-hole posse didn’t show any class at all, next time sit down or stay home. Why have security if no one respects them?

36. The bigguy says:

Good fight Sean, I was impressed, Looks like G.Elliot as wrong about you.