UFC 135 Quick Results – Koscheck defeats Hughes, Jones Retains

Here are the UFC 135 results from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado:

Jon Jones submits Rampage Jackson by Rear Naked Chokoe in Round 4, 1:14
** Jones retains UFC Light-Heavyweight title

Josh Koscheck defeats Matt Hughes by TKO in Round 1, 4:59
** Hughes says he is not retiring after the fight, but asks to be put on the shelf for a while.

Mark Hunt defeats Ben Rothwell by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27)
Travis Browne defeats Rob Broughton by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
Nate Diaz submits Takanori Gomi by Arm Bar in Round 1, 4:27
Tony Ferguson defeats Aaron Riley by TKO (Injury – Broken Jaw) in Round 1, 5:00
Tim Boetsch defeats Nick Ring by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Junior Assuncao defeats Eddie Yagin by Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
Takeya Mizugaki defeats Cole Escovedo by TKO (Punches) in Round 2, 4:30
James Te Huna defeats Ricardo Romero by KO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:47

13 Responses to “ UFC 135 Quick Results – Koscheck defeats Hughes, Jones Retains ”

1. Kris says:

Ring looks scared and frankly like crap.

2. Trent says:

wicked throw in the 3rd!

3. It was a real nice toss, Trent.

I don’t think Ring was scared. I think he was avoiding Boetsch’s right hand, but that is called strategy.

Oh no Nick! </3 </3………….

C’mon man, Nick wasn’t scared.

The game plan was obviously be mobile till Boetsch slowed down.

Nick kept moving to his left tho, which was weird and dangerous.

Not his best night but he’ll be back. Ring’s the real thing.

6. Kris says:

Haha…nice wording Keith. You can call it WTF you like, I’ll do the same. I’m not saying he was, but he didn’t apply a very effective STRATEGY, and looked like sh!t in the process. Tim Boetsch is an animal, and I personally would probably fight scared and look like sh!t as well. That wouldn’t be very effective STRATEGY and I would be subject to scrutiny as well, and if I was in that position to take that scrutiny, I would take it.

7. The strategy did not work because he got tagged very hard in the second. I think he thought Boetsch would start tiring, but that was not the case.

8. Kris says:

And yes I am a nick ring fan, and yes I was cheering him on, and yes he will definitely be back.

He’ll be back!! You’ll see! You’ll ALL see!

10. mike kent says:

i agree with Kris ….. i understand what he was trying to do be moving and tiring him out but he looked really tentative and tense .

with that said still a HUGE fan and hope to see him back soon and get back to his winning ways

11. kris says:

so Keith are you likening his strategy to the “Rope a dope”, or to the strategy that Homer applied vs Dedrick Tatum??? Sound strategy and thanks for expounding your vast amount of knowledge unto us… I appreciate it, particularly the condescending aspect in which you presented it…

12. Jamie Locke says:

Man, that altitude made the HW’s look like shit! I suggest that they don’t put the big guys on the elevated shows….

13. Bigtoe says:

I’m pretty sure you could have thrown me in for that third round with Rothwell! Just kidding, he would have made me cry…

Boetch is an animal at MW and I expect great things out of him. I could see Ring’s gameplan but Boetch was having none of it. I think if Ring would have worked his jab a little more he might have found more success. Fighter have nights and it was Boetch’s night for sure, I’m sure Ring will be back in there and will learn from his first loss.