Canadian Rumour Mill – September 19

Well, I have started taking Performance Enhancing Drugs so I can recover quicker between columns.  Hopefully the strength of the rumour mill increases.  Let me know if they work:

• OK, I have heard two strong Nick Penner rumours, so I’ll give you both and call it 50/50… Nick Penner is headed to either the UFC or Bellator. Depending on which of the two major promotions he signs for he’ll most likely be on the December UFC Toronto card with Mitch Clarke OR the November Bellator show with Ryan Ford.  Either way, big move up!   Hopefully, the injuries to his hands aren’t as bad as we are hearing.  For all those that heard him talking about how he had a bunch of “shit” going on in his head etc… maybe this was a major thing.
  • Sounds like Bellator LHW tournament champ and belt holder, Christian M’Pumbu could be on Bellator’s return show to Canada, November 12th.
  • There can only be one Wilson! Look for Eric and Diego Wilson battle it out for on the October 15th EFC show.
  • Looks like Jason MacDonald may be retiring. After many years of either splitting time between MMA and his outside job or just exclusively focusing on MMA, JMac could be returning to work as a correctional officer and spending more time with his family. If “The Athlete” truly does retire, he had a great run!
  • With the UFC’s 125lbs division on the horizon, look for more Canadian Bantamweights (135lbs) cutting down. First off is former #3 ranked BW Remi Morvan, who’s fighting at Flyweight on the WRECK show. Also rumoured to head to 125 are Mike Davis and Eric Perez.
  • Look for former UFCer Mike Ciesnolevicz to take on Braden Bice at Prestige MMA.
  • Victor Valimaki is out of his Fight Festival showdown with Marcus Vattinen on October 1st in Finland.
  • Looks like London will be getting their second MMA show of the year. This time featuring a bunch of Adrenaline Training Centre fighters. Look for Pete Brown, Jesse Ronson, and Rowan Cunningham to appear on Global Warriors second show.
  • Speaking of the London card, Jesse Gross vs Ricky Goodall is one of the few matchups I am hearing.

__________________
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.

34 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – September 19 ”

1. Tyler Davis says:

Go wilson

2. Edmonton MMA says:

Great to hear the penner signing. I hope that’s true. Is he ready after only two fights back from injury?

I am hearing some real positive feedback of the potential match ups for the London show

3. Mike Davis says:

Sad to see Jason lose but he has been around forever. Wilson fight is a great fight I have to go with D though such a great guy and great fighter. Are both these guys not coming off there first losses also, that is interesting.

4. Tim Chemelli says:

I Wish Penner nothing but the best..He is one tough SOB and it was a pleasure stepping in the cage with him.

5. NS says:

Pretty big news for Penner, and good on chemelli for steppin up and havin the war with penner that he did!

6. mike kent says:

not sure why but i never gave chemelli much oof a chance going into this but wow he inpressed me with his toughness , he ate some big shots and kept coming , too bad that they tired but thats the way it goes when you lay it all on the line like that

I agree Mike, I had similar thoughts going into this fight.

Chemelli earned my respect, tough bastard!

1 big strike coulda ended it for either guy.

8. the dude says:

this is for mr tim chemelli. how is your body dude? we talked at penners after party. i think you would know who i am. if you are serious about what we talked about, let me know how you are doing and we can set up a plan. take care of yourself til we talk again.

“Looks like Jason MacDonald may be retiring. After many years of either splitting time between MMA and his outside job or just exclusively focusing on MMA, JMac could be returning to work as a correctional officer and spending more time with his family. If “The Athlete” truly does retire, he had a great run!”

I remember when JMac made his debut in the UFC, straight messed up Herman and Leben. Man that was exciting to watch, totally pumped me and my buddies up. Good memories!

Post these on this thread Keith!!!

SSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Tim Chemelli says:

@ the dude-I’m feeling good,strained some ligaments in my knee but other then that I’m fine.I lost my phone so if you want to get a hold of me message me on face book and we’ll chat.

11. TK says:

Eric Perez will be a killer at flyweight. It’s amazing how he got in shape for CFC7. I saw him at CFM 1 and I swear he must have been pushing 180 lbs. I love watching the flyweight division in the Tachi Palace Fights promotion. Pure excitement.

12. the dude says:

to chemelli. good to hear you are alright. lost your phone at the party drunk? i dont do facebook and all that. i will try to ask around for your contact or i will use my girlfriends facebook and look you up.

13. Cj Saftic says:

I’ve got nothing but respect for Mike Ciesnolevicz but he’s really gotta consider stepping up the competition. Since his UFC release he’s fought:
    Demian Decorah (28-36-1)
    Bruce Nelson (23-32-1)
    and now Braden Bice (7-12)

14. Joe Doerksen says:

Tim Chemelli.. Hey man, never saw you fight before Friday night. Great and gutsy performance by both you and Penner. I look forward to seeing you fight again. Best of luck!

15. Tim Chemelli says:

Thanks Joe I fell a little short but learned a lot from this.Aggression put on one hell of a show and it was great just to be a part or it..

16. ryan farse says:

I read today MFC is signing the biggest deal on Oct 5th

17. Bdc says:

I read today that mfc is not signing a big deal on oct 5th

18. Kris says:

I have a feeling it’s a pretty big deal

19. Bdc says:

I have a feelin im just effin with pav

20. Kris says:

Haha

21. Anonymousette says:

Who was released from the UFC lately?

22. ryan farse says:

I heard from someone close that it is huge.

23. BigBoi says:

Dave Batista.

Sorry to ruin the party kids.

Should be interesting to see what he can accomplish though. He’s definately put the mat time into training but age and injuries might keep him from being anything more than a scary gate keeper and ticket draw.

24. Tyler Davis says:

Id go watch him fight

Me too

26. Kris says:

It’s not Batista it’s the big show

I hear from pretty good source that Batista barely trains. And he’s like 40 years old.

I absolutely positively want to see him fight tho.

i don’t . i really really don’t.

29. BigBoi says:

Well f*ck we don’t want old people in the ring. They might smudge their mascara on the mat and make it hard to wrestle.

30. Trent says:

hey Robin when you were rockin out with your …. out what was your fave brand of mascara? i kid i kid i actually was checking out your stuff the other day not too bad, honestly. Friend of mine was watching my score fight and she was like,” OMG is that Robin Black” lol too funny she is a genuine fan! she wants to watch you fight! also she pointed out to me your wikipedia page says you just turned 58. lol

I’m good lookin at 58 baby.

Thanks Trent. :)

ha i remember Robin doing a bit on Much with mascara and some other make-up. He was slagging the band Rusty and others i believe hahaha. That’s when i thought you were an arrogant dick, not the humble bundle of charm and self-deprecation i have come to know.

33. canadx says:

What’s a HUGE DEAL?

Kinda like those tv ads– huge deal…. but WAIT… if u order NOW u get a set of steak knifes at no cost!

Should I go or should I stay guess ill skip Oct 5 as this will play out till christmas

34. canadx says:

age and mma?

In the past, before scientific fitness and strength programs, and diets were fine tuned, few folks could compete at a high level as they grew older. However in high skill sports like baseball , golf, hockey and even boxing, we see the some exceptional performances.

George Blanda was a good nfl qb at 49, – George Foreman, Archie Moore and Ronny Lyle were both good (granted not great) at over 54 years old. MMA? hard to tell, but its skilled technical sport requiring high fitness and speed so it might be interesting to see how many can maintain their game as they age – thoughts?