Mark Bocek Meets Nik Lentz at UFC 140

A bout between Canada’s #1 ranked Lightweight Mark Bocek and fast rising prospect Nik “The Carny” Lentz is in the works for UFC’s return to Toronto on December 10.

Mark Bocek is coming off a loss to Ben Henderson in his last contest which also took place in Toronto. Bocek holds a 5-4 record inside the Octagon with losses to top contender Jim Miller and current title holder Frankie Edgar. Bocek desperately needs a win to avoid being cut and falling from the top of the Canadian Lightweight ladder.

Nik Lentz has been on a tear since being called up to the UFC, going 5-0-1. Lentz also suffered what looked like it was going to be a loss to Charles Oliveira in his most recent bout, however the result was overturned due to an illegal knee. Lentz is unbeaten in 15 fights over the last 4 years with wins over Tyson Griffin and Waylon Lowe.

6 Responses to “ Mark Bocek Meets Nik Lentz at UFC 140 ”

1. DRdy says:

I haven’t seen that…source?

The info was originally tweeted by Neil Davidson of Canadian Press and it has been reported by MMA Junkie and MMA Weekly!

3. DRdy says:

Cool, hope to see Bocek win.

Looks like MMAJunkie and MMAWeekly both base their reports on Davidson’s tweet. I think it’s important for a media site to write where they get their information from. What if Davidson is wrong? Then all 3 of you would look foolish for copying what he said. You should give credit where it’s due.

4. DRdy says:

Actually I’ll edit that. They wouldn’t look foolish cause they would be able to say that their source was wrong. You wouldn’t be able to do that.

That’s true, I meant to include it but forgot… thanks for the feedback! Always looking for ways to improve!

6. DRdy says:

Sorry, I took 1 year of journalsim school before I dropped out, just one of the things I remembered lol

Keep up the great work!