CFC 7 Photo Gallery

Jason Bouwmeester was on hand at CFC 7 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada on September 10, 2011. Not usual for Top MMA News but this set will include some Muay Thai photos as CFC 7 was a mixed MMA/Muay Thai card. If you love all the stand up of MMA but hate the ground game, you’d be doing yourself a favor checking out a local Muay Thai event near you.

Check out his photos from the event:

View main CFC 7 Photo Gallery.

CFC 7: Gregory Choplin vs Dave Zuniga (Muay Thai)

Gregory Choplin defeats Dave Zuniga by TKO in Round 2 to win the IKF North American Middleweight title.

CFC 7: Chris Stranger vs Lindsey Hawkes

Chris Stranger defeats Lindsey Hawkes by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27).

CFC 7: Eric Perez vs Tony Bibby

Eric Perez submits Tony Bibby by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 2:46.

CFC 7: Dwight Sutherland vs Serge Rochon

Dwight Sutherland submits Serge Rochon by Guillotine Choke in Round 1, 0:15.

CFC 7: Luis Cepeda vs Markhaile Wedderburn (Muay Thai)

Luis Cepeda defeats Markhaile Wedderburn by TKO in Round 3, 2:07.

CFC 7: Will Romero vs Mark Durant (Muay Thai)

Will Romero defeats Mark Durant by TKO in Round 3, 1:50.

CFC 7: Travis Gervais vs Ken McLeod

Travis Gervais defeats Ken McLeod by TKO (GNP) in Round 1, 0:35.

CFC 7: Sergio Pettis vs Kyle Vivian

Sergio Pettis defeats Kyle Vivian by TKO (Kick) in Round 1, 1:46.

CFC 7: Randy Rowe vs David Quangvan

Randy Rowe defeats David Quangvan by KO in Round 1, 1:00.

CFC 7: Jon Henderson vs Kirk Bovell (Muay Thai)

Jon Henderson defeats Kirk Bovell by TKO in Round 5 (Muay Thai).

CFC 7: Kyle Oliveira vs George Carlos

Kyle Oliveira defeats George Carlos by KO in Round 1, 4:25.

CFC 7: Ryan Pang vs Jared Feuring (Amateur Muay Thai)

Ryan Pang defeats Jared Feuring by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28×2).

CFC 7: Lane Lay vs Mac Cuevos (Amateur Muay Thai)

Lane Lay defeats Mac Cuevos by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28×2).

CFC 7: Harold Brun vs Kurt Sorenson (Amateur Muay Thai)

Harold Brun defeats Kurt Sorenson by Majority Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-29).

CFC 7: Mitch Edmonds vs Matthew Lipsius (Amateur Muay Thai)

Mitch Edmonds defeats Matthew Lipsius by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3).

CFC 7: Dave Swanson vs Cleon Rovel (Amateur Muay Thai)

Dave Swanson defeats Cleon Rovel by Unanimous Decision (30-26,30-26,29-27).

CFC 7: Nick McKinnon vs Devon Tayler (Amateur Muay Thai)

Nick McKinnon defeats Devon Taylor by Majority Decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-29).

CFC 7: Weigh-ins

CFC 7: Weigh-ins

View main CFC 7 Photo Gallery.

*** All photos ©2011 Jason Bouwmeester|TKO Photography

32 Responses to “ CFC 7 Photo Gallery ”

1. showtying says:

nice pics only forgot the ones when i got up and him on the ground..need i say more..its all gravy just look out for the come back

2. Sean Quinn says:

You whine alot.

3. mma fan says:

Very nice pictures of the event. But I thought the role of the photographer was to remain invisible to the rest of the crowd?

Paying the amount that these people did for table seats, it was disappointing to see the photographer contribute to the bulk of blockage in the corner turnbuckle paired with the camera person (who needed that position for the tv broadcast anyway), blocking the view of the crowd on that side the entire card. He didn’t even bother to switch to another neutral corner, nor sit at ringside as is customary.

Nice pictures, but unprofessional demeanor.

4. TK says:

Sorry Showtying, it was a great fight, but the photo of you with your back turned to the ref says it all. Learn from the experience; you can’t control the refs, but you were professional and exciting at this event. Those 2 things are what the fans want to see. I hope to see you again on the next CFC card.

5. mma fan…at all shows, Top MMA News photographers and writers are situated where the promotion has indicated they should be located.

At CFC, cameramen were positioned in both of the neutral corners. Top MMA News was positioned in one of the neutral corners.

Nothing unprofessional about it. Quite the opposite.

6. showtying says:

it all good it was a joke the comment i made…i love the pics..hey sean you read about me alot…and so what?

7. showtying says:

says it all ????? -????

the pics are great. As i said before, I’d love it if a show around here had a mix of ammy, pro, and some thai thrown in. glad everyone enjoyed it.

9. Sean Quinn says:

itryreadingyouonhereshowtyingbutitshardbecauseyoudontknowhowtousegrammaror
    punctuationyadummy

10. Sean Quinn says:

andfortherecordidontthinkireadaboutyoueverijustreadyouwhiningaboutthisorthatlikealittlebaby
    doesntitsucktryingtoreadthisshitwhenitstypedlikeadouchequestionmarkcommaperiod

11. diamond says:

Great pictures.

12. mike says:

LMAO ^^^^^^

YEAH SHOWSTALLING….EAT THAT LOSAAAAA!!

SO YOU MUAY THAI RECORD IS 17-1 NOW??? BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH DOUBTFUL!!

13. caveman bully says:

where are the rest of the fight pics ? your missing the first few fights on the card

14. Showtying: I wish I could have gotten more pics, unfortunately they don’t always turn out – and it was right near the corner I was shooting from. Wish I could clone myself and shoot from opposite sides! ;)

mma fan: Thanks for the comments on the pics, as for my shooting position… pretty much what Keith said. I was shooting for CFC and that’s where they placed me, after the second fight they asked me to crouch instead of stand so that’s what I did. I would have loved to move to another corner but the other neutral corner had a cameraman as well and the fighter corners are out of the question.

harry balls: thanks man! It really was a fun card, loved the change of pace thrown in. Made for a long day/night though!

caveman bully: all the pro fights are now up, hopefully get the ammy fights up tomorrow. Have a lot of pics to go through, I think with exhibitions there was 24 or 25 fights in all!

15. showtying says:

yeh mike my recoard is the same size as your pantys
    lol lol

16. E Perez says:

Showtying, aaaaaaalmost past the spell check my man. Its spelled ‘record’. Great fight though, so no worries.

17. Ricky J says:

I don’t understand all the hate for Markhaile lol even if you don’t like the guy when was the last time you watched a boring fight from Showtime? By the way wtf is up with your hair…

18. EPerez says:

We met, that guy is cool. I just like bugging him, he’s alright.

19. kingmma says:

don’t talk about CFC being professional……what about what they did to Rod? they knew his opponent was out long before the fight and never told him or bother to look for someone else…put kept his name on the roster just to make some $$$$$$

and i know that cause we are good friends!

20. mike says:

OH……muay thai records come in sizes now….thank for letting me know that Showstalling!

21. lucky says:

It’s only losers like mike that don’t no show but love to hate him..keep doing your thing Showtying we love to see you fight even the dike as you call him.lol gives them the chance to prove to You how important you are in Canadas fight game

22. kingmma. I take your allegations very seriously.

You are calling me a liar but can’t use your real name? Seriously?

I’ve already addressed this, but there never was a signed opponent for Rodrigo. Since day 1 there was always a search for an opponent. And with HW’s being tough to match, you always have to keep an eye out in case you have a hole to fill.

I regret using Rod’s name without a signed opponent, in case one wasn’t worked out. But to say we used his name to sell tickets is a joke. I was looking hard until a week before the show. I’m a pro so I would never announce any names of who turned down this fight, but I can tell you there is an extensive list of heavyweights that were not interested in fighting Munduruca.

I was very dissapointed to not find an opponent for Rod for this card, and I probably would have, had we not lost our main event the week of the show. That became the focus the last week before our event. But that was also when we announced Rod wasn’t going to be on the card.

You are also implying these are his thoughts. You must be real good friends if you are willing to throw him under the bus here, claiming these are his thoughts.

23. EPerez says:

Im interested in the reply.

24. kingmma says:

This is common knowledge around the gym…Never once mentioned your name or insinuated that you lied or mislead anyone in that matter. Many students, the week of the fight were asking if he was fighting, and assuming that he was they purchased tickets to the event.

I don’t need to post my name or identity and even Rod asked me not to post anything about this whole fiasco here, i’m just doing it because i don’t agree with any of it.

There is a lot of more things that i could say about this and the fact that “Rod” was not only removed from the card but also “blacklisted” from appearing at the event to corner any of the “CFC gym” fighters….but we leave that for another day.

signed,
    loyal student and friend.

25. JHodges says:

Marc, the “official” card is only release 2 days before the show man. So you just make up a poster with random fighters and as you sell the tickets you try matching them up with opponents? Seriously?
    Why don’t you put GSP on your next poster and pretend he will fight on your card? I think you would sell a bunch of tickets by doing that.

CFC is a lousy show with and ever lousier management, Giuseppe is a the biggest douchebag in the Canadian MMA scene (anyone would agree with me on this one) and you can only do so much with the poor budget he sets aside to pay the fighters.

26. kingmma says:

hahahah so true ! The promoter advertise his show as the biggest promotion in Canada, the only big thing about CFC is the owner’s inflated and delusional EGO!

The guy is so full of himself ! self indulgence 101!

27. EPerez says:

Nice try ‘JHodges’

28. Gunner says:

Yea MAD you douche, stop trying to trick us into thinking that CFC show in Winnipeg is a legit thing damn you.

I have been to a few shows in Winnipeg but to be honest i only go cause i get to get silly with El Dirte and SHE-Robin. The CFC is good i just wish i could stay sober long enough to remember them.

MAD next time you & CFC go out of your way to get me a seperate flight from my fighter and even after first one is booked and non refundable i will seriously hate you and everything CFC does like you really should try to accomodate guys better.

Bute seriously as long as you get me an armed escort fromt he air port to avoid the mishap of last time you will also have a Gym of guys in TBay that would love to come over to fight for CFC always been treated amazing.

P.S.S. you and robin are still douche and El Dirte well man he is dirty

‘Everyone’ thinks CFC is the most pro show around. Also Giusseppe is a great guy.

Rod (who I personally really like) has a disagreement with Giusseppe and things don’t go his way and suddenly two first-time posters pop up trying to suggest that one of the best and most professional shows in canada is bad a Giusseppe is a bad promoter?

Weak.

I like Rod a lot and wish him all the success regardless.

30. Joe Doerksen says:

I’m gonna try not to say anything negative here. Just wanna say to the two fans that were angry about Rod’s absence from the card, that I disagree with their views on what type of people the CFC management might be.

31. Added Amateur Muay Thai photos.

32. I agree with まぬろび Laura, you are the best!