Freedom Fight for Honor & Pride: Weigh-In Results

Sudbury, Ontario held its first ever weigh-ins last night on the finish line of the Sudbury Downs Raceway. Big John McCarthy was on hand to give the fighters the unified rules and regulations of MMA in Ontario. The crowd was plentiful and loud as the fighters made their way to make weight. Seven pairs of warriors stepped on the scales and posed for media while opponents Albert Cheng and Mike Sledzion both came in a pound heavy at 157.

The results of the weigh-in are as follows:

Bantamweight: Randy Turner (136lbs) VS Aaron Montgomery (136lbs)
Bantamweight: Sid Barnier (136lbs) VS Chuck Mady (136lbs)
Lightweight: Albert Cheng, (157lbs) VS Mike Sledzion, (157lbs)
Lightweight: Steve Simms, (156lbs) VS Luc Nadeau, (154lbs)
Lightweight: Brad Cardinal, (155lbs) VS Tony Hervey (154lbs) – Lightweight Title fight
Welterweight: Igor Caetano, (170lbs) VS Chris St-Jean, (170lbs)
Bantamweight: Valerie Letourneau, (133lbs) VS Tannaya Hantelman, (133lbs)

_________________________
Gerry Viens also writes for MMALynx,net

8 Responses to “ Freedom Fight for Honor & Pride: Weigh-In Results ”

Sadly i cannot attend now. hope the card is a success…

The card will be a success. Great fights, an experienced promoter, and a great crowd in Sudbury.

best wishes to all the fighters.

3. David says:

Just to correct one thing. Sledzion and Cheng both made weight as the fight was set by the commission to be a catch weight at 158 lbs

4. mark says:

why was jason monster bissonette taken off the card. i thought he was fighting?

His opponent Chris Lee wound up with a collapsed lung. Mokdad was offered up as a replacement, but the weight was moving from 205 to 185. Too bad. I have never seen Bissonette in better shape.

6. PapaG says:

I`ll be there tonight. I`m hoping the crowd is good. I know people who felt the cost of tickets was steep considering the card. It won`t sellout, but it should be a fun night.

I`ll report back when it`s over.

7. Momma Montgomery says:

hope aaron gets replaced with eric!Does anyone out there know how I can a feed from windsor so I can see the fight?

8. Gerry Viens says:

It’s going to be a GREAT night. I’ll try to do a good job for you guys, I’m new at this, but I love it. Thanks guys for your comments. LOVE IT. Topmmanews rocks!!!!!