Rage Fighting Series Quick Results – Boyle Flying Knee

Erin McDougall is in Lethbridge, Alberta for the Rage Fighting Series.  Here are her quick results from the event:

Amateur MMA
Khalil Azizi defeats Shaun Carlson by TKO in Round 1, 2:16
Cole Unger submits Kyle Fortch by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 1:21
Mitch Creighton defeats Jordan Ahenakew by TKO in Round 1, 0:55
Patrick Ward defeats Zach Snyder by TKO in Round 1, 2:50
Ryan Lee defeats Ryan Mecas by TKO in Round 1, 2:30
Jesse Dayrider submits Justin Schmidt by RNC in Round 1
***Dayrider wins Rage Amateur Middleweight Title

Pro MMA
Joe Keesick defeats Joey Gobeil by TKO at 3:59 of Round 1
Alain Hernadez submits Brendan Frost by Arm Bar in Round 1, 1:04
Jarod Milko submits Travis Cloud by RNC in Round 1, 2:59

Derek Boyle defeats Alex Popov by KO (huge flying knee) in Round 1,
***Boyle wins Rage Pro Lightweight Title

7 Responses to “ Rage Fighting Series Quick Results – Boyle Flying Knee ”

1. TayMan says:

Never seen five fights end in total time under twelve minutes. Must have missed some awesome finishes.

^^^
    Then you haven’t seen many shows.

Great show. It was a privilege to announce these fighters.

Congrats to all.

4. How sick was the knee?

CRAZY sick.

Popov was looking very good in there with Boyle. Showed a great game off his back against the agressive-in-the-ground Boyle.

Then BAM.

I don’t know how Popov could have seen it comin. I was right there and I didn’t.

I wanted to stand and applaud the beautiful display by Boyle but it was tough to do with such a great young man out COLD 3 feet from me.

Insane KO. Most impressive I’ve seen since a 275 pound man koed his opponent with a head kick at Ringside.

6. TravisHalmrast says:

Hey Joe Doerksen….I think you owe Boyle a coke and a burger…..

7. Shaun Carlson says:

Great opportunity to fight tough opponent congrats to all fighters from Pfa and thanks to the lethbridge community had a great time for my first fight