CFC 7 Weigh-In Results

Canadian Fighting Championship held their weighins for their seventh event today.  If you are in the area, why not pick up a pair of tickets at Ticketmaster.

The event got a little heated when Showtime Wedderburn and Luis Cepeda faced off.  The two Muay Thai fighters were in their stare down when Luis Cepeda gave Showtime a shove.

Most fighters made weight including the main event of Dave Zuniga and Gregory Choplin.  Sergio Pettis and the much-maligned Markhaile Wedderburn also came in at their contracted weights.

Serge Rochon and Kyle Vivian came in heavy with Rochon coming in 8.5 lbs over.

Here are the full weigh-in results:

Dave Zuniga (165) vs. Gregory Choplin (165) – Muay Thai
* IKF North American Middleweight title

Lindsey Hawkes (169.5) vs. Chris Stranger (170.5) – MMA
Eric Perez (136) vs. Tony Bibby (134.5) – MMA
Serge Rochon (153.5)* vs. Dwight Sutherland (146) – MMA
Mark Durant (153) vs. Will Romero (153) – Muay Thai
Markhaile “Showtime” Wedderburn (186.5) vs. Luis Cepeda (182) – Muay Thai
Travis Gervais (160) vs. Ken McLeod (160) – MMA
Sergio Pettis (134) vs. Kyle Vivian (140)* – MMA
David Quangvan (200) vs. Randy Rowe (202.5) – MMA
Jon Henderson (147) vs. Kirk Bovell (146.5) – Muay Thai
Kyle Oliviera (133) vs. George Carlos (134.5) – MMA

47 Responses to “ CFC 7 Weigh-In Results ”

1. Jake says:

Good job on all the fighters for being professional and for making weight. I can just see the sacrifice these guys go through and that is to be respected. Looking forward to a night of great fights!!!

2. Wedderburn always makes weight here in Manitoba. Good to see!

He was also the cooler head in the little altercation he had with his opponent during the weigh-ins.

Vivian came in heavy here too. Seriously, I’m trying to root for him. But if he’s just going to dick around,, why bother?

oh and anyone covering Freedom Fight weigh-ins? Sadly, I cannot make the shizzow now….

5. lucky says:

I think showtme ready he looked really good

6. unknown says:

I agree showtying looked really good and he showed alot more class than the other guy!

Good mental victory for The Show yesterday.

Gettin on a plane for Winnipeg right now pretty pumped for CFC!!!!!

8. E Perez says:

^^^Agreed.

He showed composure yesterday. This fight is going to be nute!

9. Hawkes says:

Cepeda lost that little mental battle!.. he broke posture. not good!

Lookin forward to seein you two crazies in action too.

11. kyle vivian says:

I dont normally look at this but thanks for the support but I got robbed.I never say no to any fight, gotta have less bias in this sport. Glad people enjoyed the show. Ppl want to chirp the little man go big or go home. Pettis needs to come to Ontario where everthing is legit. I respect him and he s aware we got ripped off in that fight. :)

12. kyle vivian says:

13. kyle vivian says:

On the date I arrived i was not entitled to what I was promised on my contract.Proper weight loss with a scale two days prior.not driving 30 kms away to use sauna a night before the weigh ins and having to cut nine pounds the next day.I was apologized to and obtained my full purse.They knew they were wrong.I was screwed in two ways as I said I dont involve myself in bullshit that is why a friend is writing this for me. Thanks to my fans and hope to see the re-match

14. randy says:

kyle vivian needs a rematch

15. kyle vivian says:

I know next time I will be well prepared for any bullshit or any unorganization within any venue I attend. I m sick of taking last minute stuff and being fucked, time to look after number one. Rematch? or who’s next?

16. It was a quick stoppage, in my opinion, but that quick stoppage probably just saved you from taking more damage.

You were rocked from that head kick at the very least. At the most, you were KO’d by it and woken up by the punch Pettis dropped before it was stopped.

You had a promising start, but I believe that the only person robbed was Pettis of a chance for a clean victory in the eyes of the fans.

No need for a rematch.

As for the promotion, from what I have seen (and I admit I am friends with the matchmaker), they do things right.

They even flew in two opponents for the main event when there was concerns with Cyrus Washington’s ability to fight. Others promotions may have saved the cash and cancelled it.

17. “On the date I arrived i was not entitled to what I was promised on my contract.Proper weight loss with a scale two days prior.not driving 30 kms away to use sauna a night before the weigh ins and having to cut nine pounds the next day.”

– What contract are you talking about? What weight you show up at, is your responsibility. The contract doesn’t mention scales.

I just checked on google maps, and it was 5.8 km’s. Sorry your perception of the ride I gave you wasn’t so far.

“I was apologized to and obtained my full purse.They knew they were wrong.I was screwed in two ways as I said I dont involve myself in bullshit that is why a friend is writing this for me. Thanks to my fans and hope to see the re-match”

You called me unprofessional and said we weren’t treating you correctly. I lost my cool and screamed at you. In the 15 years in this MMA business you are the first to make me lose my cool. Congrats.

But lets not confuse things. You signed a contract with 6 weeks notice to fight at 135 pounds. You have nobody to blame but yourself for not making weight. If you spent half as much worrying about your weight instead of being such a bitch, you probably would have made weight.

Don’t confuse a potentially premature stoppage with being robbed.

18. I was apologizing for yelling at you, and for losing my cool. That has nothing to do with anything else.

You were given your full show purse because you were being such a bitch about being giving up a % of your purse, i was worried you might not show up at the fight.

I take huge exception to anybody calling what we do unprofessional. We work very hard at these shows and you should appreciate the opportunity you were given instead of biting the hand that feeds.

19. You also failed to mention that it was somehow our fault you traveled halfway across the country with no money, and even though you ended up with double what any other fighter on the card got for perdiem, you continue to trash the promotion?

What about the fact you refused to pay your commission license fee, and called the promotion unprofessional for this? Since in Quebec you can have the option of the fee coming off your purse. That assumption was incorrect. So i paid the fees for you and your corner.

Just remember all of that was going above and beyond for you.

As long as what we do for you is appreciated, I guess it’s all good.

I guess that headkick was a lot harder than we all thought.

20. ANABOLICMIKE says:

I usally don’t bother responding to trolls but you got me, so here goes:

Professional? When one of the fighters called me the moring of the event needing a new pair of shorts, I dropped everything and picked him up and drove him to the mall. When an hour before the event we get a call one of the fighter’s corners was still back at the hotel, we dropped everything and picked him up. Giuseppe was there from morning till night. Marc was driving all around town untill fight time.

I have been in this sport now for over 15 years. In all this time, I have never seen a fighter sit down for an hour untill he needs to go down to fight. I’ll make it simple for you.

1. get focus pads (they’re cool, you might like them once you learn how they work)
    2. break a sweat before you come out to fight!
    3. ditch your brother/manager
    4. anyone who is 0-5 shouldn’t draw attention to themselves.
    5. last yet most importantly – “better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”
    and you have your self a nice day professional

21. Sean Quinn says:

Kyle Vivian is a classless piece of shit. Shut your fucking mouth and make the weight you agreed to you fucking loser.
    You were lucky Jaren stopped that fight or you would have been beaten senseless and the crowd would have had to wait another 45 minutes for an ambulanc to take you to the hospital and then return so the fights could return.

22. Sean Quinn says:

Fucking stupid shithead.

23. Kris says:

Haha

24. david letourneau says:

maybe you should start saying no to the odd fight here and there, first of all anyone who takes a fight at that level for money is a dip shit and likely going to lose, money is the wrong motivation for this sport. Secondly making weight is nobodies responsibility but you own, ive been driven an hour to cut weight, it did not take anything away from me, i guess a 10 minute car ride is too much?

You’ll probably still see a ton of people pop up here to rave about how professional CFC is.

Kyle I think you should stop reading now or be prepared for some shit. Sean Quinn ain’t done and now that its morning there’s more comin…

26. ANABOLICMIKE says:

Oh no he didn’t………

yes he did, he gave a shout out to his fans?

youuuuu…..arrrreee…..ohhhhhhh and fivvvve

think what promoter wants an o-fiver on his card? Now throw in he’s going to bash them? You may want to look to another sport! you may just have worn out your welcome.

now tagging in Quinn

27. E Perez says:

Not sure what wasnt ‘legit’? I think Jerin stopped it a little early too but the longer mma fights go it usually favours the better fighter. Youre probably lucky it was stopped when it was because you were most likely going to end up on the highlight reel.

28. E Perez says:

After starting a ‘career’ at 0-5, whats next?

29. CM says:

The pictures on Vivian getting blasted by the head kick are hilarious. The look on people’s faces is priceless!

30. Sean Quinn says:

I dont even know what to say. I mean, you agree to a weight, make the weight. Sauna or no sauna. I cut nearly 10 pounds of water by myself in my hotel room doing calisthenics and sitting in the bathroom with the shower blowing hot water full blast. You find a way to make the weight. Its not the promoters job. It’s the fighters job. Vivian was just lazy and scared.
    Lots of people make weight without the use of the sauna at all. Most of the time i dont use it.

31. Gunner says:

i tried a sauna once and dammit never again i was awakened from passing out on the floor by my angry wife saying you a$$ole could you not have waited 2 more minutes before passing out

32. Adam Lorenz says:

^She sounds like a nice girl.

33. EPerez says:

Oh yeah, 0-6. Im assuming he’s ‘gone back to the drawing board’ 3 or 4 times. If you lose 6 in a row, do you go back to that same drawing board? Is that drawing board bad luck? Do you ask to borrow someone else’s drawing board? Do you rent one? Can you rent drawing boards? Should you change your name? Do you ever say ‘Im an mma fighter’? Or do you hope the topic never comes up so you dont ever have to explain your string of ‘bad luck’.

34. ANABOLICMIKE says:

no CFC didn’t provide him a drawing board!

Now all jokes aside.

My friend, best thing to do is train hard, be respectful, don’t get caught up in the hype. In your defense you are not an 0-5 fighter, bad luck happens. Don’t blame others for your losses pick your self up dust off and say damn I need to train harder. Much respect will come your way.

35. Sean Quinn says:

I wont respect him, i think he’s a bitch.

36. EPerez says:

Hey MAD, I want a scale in my contract! This is bullshit!

37. EPerez says:

And why didnt I get directions to a sauna?

38. Sean Quinn says:

You need directions to a lipo clinic, fatty. You looked like death on Friday. lol

39. EPerez says:

Hey MAD, I want directions to a lipo clinic too!

40. Kyle Vivian says:

I’ll fight any of you pussies :)

And you’ll lose.

42. Kris says:

Haha he’s even losing in a war of words. If you have a litany of excuses for losing every single fight you’ve ever been in, then the list is probably longer for you not to continue. Or keep losing and make yourself out to be as big of a joke as you deserve, because frankly you seem like a prick. I say keep fighting, laughter is good for the soul.

43. I have an excuse for every fight I lost too.

Problem is the excuse is ME in every scenario.

But i can promise i won’t be the pussy if we fought.

Lack of accountability is your problem.

I don’t even train and I’d beat your ass.

This grudge match needs to happen!

45. booboo says:

hey kyle ill take the fight any time anywere and im not a pussy u fukn loser 4 fights no wins and ur talkn shit hahahaha!im 40 weight 145 andill beat ur ass!!!

BAM!