Battlefield Fight League 13 – Vernon- February 11

Date: February 11, 2012
Location: Wesbild Centre in Vernon, BC
TV:
Tickets: Buy Tickets

Main Event:
Matt Baker (7-2) vs. Andrew Buckland (14-8-1)
***Middleweight Title Fight

Graham Spencer (6-1) vs. Shawn Albrecht (7-4)
***Featherweight Title Fight

Micah Brakefield (3-1) vs. Ryan Allen (2-0)
***Amateur Middleweight Title Fight

Matt Dwyer (4-3) vs. Mark Dobie (0-2)
Cory Tosoff (2-0) vs. Jordan Beecroft (3-0)
Dan Lin (3-1) vs. Gary Mangat (1-0)
Marcus Aurelio (3-1) vs. Richard Jodoin (0-0)
TBD vs. Roy Bradshaw (8-11)
Daniel Swain (4-1) vs. Russel Davis (2-0)
Chad Polson (0-0) vs. Fraser Doditch (0-0)

35 Responses to “ Battlefield Fight League 13 – Vernon- February 11 ”

1. Jamie Locke says:

Anxious to see who they bring in for Graham on this one. So many solid 145’s in Canada there are so many to choose from!

A rematch with Mike Adams would make alot of sense. I think Graham would have won their first fight if Adams hadn’t gotten away with grabbing the cage three times to avoid takedowns. It would also be an all BC fight which would bring the crowd and make flights cheaper.

Will Romero would be a good scrap for Graham and could really boost him up the Canadian rankings. Is Romero signed with Belator? I also see Graham winning this fight via domination.

I think the fight that makes the most sense is Adam Lorenz. It would be a solid exciting match up between two of Canada’s best non-ZUFFA Featherweights! I guess the question is, can they get Lorenz out here to take that fight?

2. brandon says:

Whats the contact number to get guys on card

3. Jamie Locke says:

Jay Golshani is the man for BFL. Look him up on FB.

I’m curious to see if this show is still in Nanaimo. If Graham is fighting Adams, it would be a big seller at home. I just heard that the Nanaimo athletic commission denied to re-visit the issue of selling alcohol at combat sports events, this really hurts ticket sales, so I can understand if nobosy wants to put on a show here with no booze for the fans.

With shows being on Friday and Saturday nights, fans want to come out and have a couple of beers while watching the fights, it’s brutal that the commission here doesn’t allow this. It hurts the promoter’s pockets and could really bring in more revenue for the venue and the city if they allow it. Fighters would also be able to sell more tickets themselves if everyone knew they could have a few brews at the show.

Either way, looking forward to this rematch whether it’s in Nanaimo or not I’ll be there!

4. Frenchy says:

Any room on the card for an amateur heavyweight against Tyler Spencer 0-1??? Call Coach Frenchy 403-554-2813

5. showtying says:

i would love to fight matt baker at 185 bfl lets make this happen..would be a better fight then andrew…thats a no brainer

UPDATE: Added Matt Baker, Matt Dwyer, Ash Mashreghi, Dan Lin, Gary Mangat and Marcus Aurelio

7. Jamie Locke says:

That Dan Lin vs Gary Mangat fight is pretty sweet.

Is that Spencer vs Adams match up not confirmed too Cody or is that just rumour? How about Buckland vs Baker?

UPDATE: Added Mike Adams to take on Graham Spencer, Michah Brakefield vs. Ryan Allen for BFL Amateur MW Title, also added Mike Hill, Cory Tosoff and Chris Day

UPDATE: Added Roy Bradshaw to take on Shawn Albrecht

10. Jamie Locke says:

I think this card is in Vernon now, although there will be a Nanaimo show on a different date.

11. Correct…I updated the location

they doing the fb thing again? man that’s a real cool feature. really enjoyed watching the fights out this way.

13. mike kent says:

Id love to fight the winner of buckland/ baker .

14. @clinchcraig says:

You gonna be back Mike? Did I miss that post? haha

15. Ryan says:

Craig, do you train at Clinch mma in sackville?

16. mike kent says:

Yeah I have to take 6 more weeks off then back to training . Then back to fightung 10 weeks after that hopefully

UPDATE: Added Jordan Beecroft to take on Cory Tosoff

18. Jamie Locke says:

Great match up. I’m loving this card, and not just because there are two Impact lads fighting for titles! But I thought I’d throw that out there anyway.

19. Frenchy says:

does anyone know who i can call for match making? i have amateur guys that will be ready for February!!

Frenchy

20. Jamie Locke says:

Jay Golshani is who you want to contact Frenchy.

UPDATE: Tim Jenson replaces Mike Adams against Graham Spencer, also added Chad Belwood vs. Jose Cornejo

22. Jenson is a tough fighter who has been rumoured to be coming back for a while now. I hope this happens.

Jenson has awesome wins on his resume Tatlow, Mein, and Greer.

23. Jamie Locke says:

Crappy deal that Graham won’t get his rematch with Adams.

Jenson is not going to be at Graham’s level, he hasn’t fought in years. Has he fought at 145 before?

24. frenchy says:

Thanks Jamie

25. Adam Lorenz says:

Did Adams get hurt again? I was supposed to fight him a couple times, once for a title as well, but he got hurt I think.

UPDATE: Added Daniel Swain vs. Russel Davis

27. Jamie Locke says:

I’m pretty sure the main card will be live on TFN. Hopefully they do the prelims on FB again.

I should be at this show.

UPDATE: Added Marcus Aurelio vs. Jose Cornejo

29. Jamie Locke says:

Cornejo will be the next victim of AXE capoeira.

30. Update: Tim Jenson out and Shawn Albrecht steps up for the rematch with Spencer for the title.

31. Jamie Locke says:

Graham is so much better than the last time these guys fought! WAR Spencer, lets see a finish!

32. Update: Richard Jodoin takes Jose Cornejo’s spot.

33. Jamie Locke says:

Where’s our weigh in results?

34. @Jamie… I don’t have anyone in Vernon and rely on our friends at MMAMadhouse to pass on results from there. They could not make weighins.
    Our photographer lives 1.5 hours away and is only attending the fights.
    I texted Jay from BFL to see if he could get someone to take a pic of the weigh-in results sheet and send it to me, but did not get a response.
    I emailed Saleem from the Vernon commission and did not get a response either.