Canadian Rumour Mill – August 29
MMA season is starting back up after summer time. Rumours seem to be coming in stronger!
- So I’m hearing Marcus Davis vs Chris Clements will fight on the Score Fight Series. This one should be very exciting! Looks like Clements will be the first of the Adrenaline crew to fight after the untimely death of Shawn Tompkins. My heart is behind Chris in this one. Good luck to Menace and good luck making 165!
- Bellator will be coming back to Canada on November 12. Look for Ryan Ford to make his debut for the promotion in their return to Casino Rama.
- AFC moving to November 5th. Smart move as their original date had them competing against the UFC on Fox debut and Pacquiao vs Marquez.
- Pure Fighting will have a private show for 400 on September 24. Look for Ryan Machan to take on Josh Powell at the event that should feature several pro and amateur fights.
- The folks who have run Battle at the Border in Michigan since 2007 are looking to put on an event in Sarnia in early December. If John Fraser is not in the UFC by then, you gotta believe he will main event in his hometown!
- Also it looks like Travis Quesnel will be fighting in his own promotion, EFC, in October. Can be risky fighting in your own promotion, just ask Allen Hope.
- Rumour has it Travis Briere is taking on Ryan Machan as well as Josh Machan vs Layne McTaggert on EFC.
- Speaking of Hope, he and his partner are looking to stage a MMA show in Grande Prairie, those two are all over the place.
- MMA Live will not be holding a show this fall as previously expected.
- Looks like Score dates are firming up. October 14 in Mississauga and the Thunder Bay show is moving to November 18. Sorry Sault Ste. Marie, your show is scrubbed for now.
- Kurt Southern has picked up a groin injury and is, unfortunately, out of his much anticipated Ringside title fight with Mike Ricci. Too bad for Kurt! Who will step up to the plate against Mike Ricci now?
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: email@example.com.