Canadian Rumour Mill – August 11

Lazy days of summer, working on my tan, lounging on the boat, relaxing at the cabin.

• I’m hearing that Ryan Chiappe and BFL have parted ways
  • Dana Dickeson will be making his return to MMA at Elite 1 vs the bad for the sport Shannon “The Cannon” Ritch, October 15th.
  • Also it looks like Canadian Extreme Cage Rage will be Elite 1’s new feeder promotion.
  • Looks like the drama is starting back up between Team Legion and Stephane Patry. “The Snake” has been a little vocal about Patry’s return.
  • Butterbean confirmed to be at Prestige FC 3
  • So haven’t heard too much out of Aggression the last few weeks on match ups and news, a couple questions I have are…. is Ryan Ford still fighting for the Aggression Welterweight title now that he’s signed to Bellator?   Will TUF competitor Ryan McGillivray be able to compete on their show?
  • What a messy fallout from Hope Fight Productions. The Ken Hope led card MMA card in Digby, Nova Scotia is NOT happening now. No news from the Allen Hope side of things. Trainwreck!
  • It’s Robin Black’s birthday, but I’m betting CCF President Lino Santoro wasn’t on the list of people wishing him a happy birthday. Santoro’s been busy complaining and taking shots at Robin Black (oh and Top MMA News as well). LOL, well HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN!
  • HMMM, are Hard Knocks and Cage Fighting Manitoba merging or forming some kinda of partnership/alliance (ie. Aggression & AFC)? Ari Taub (HK) just recently met with Gabriel Santos (CFM).
  • Speaking of Hard Knocks, I was wrong Andrew Buckland and Keto Allen will be battling it out at Hard Knocks, not AX Combat. The fight will be for the Hard Knocks WW belt.

31 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – August 11 ”

1. mike kent says:

Dana at middle weight is no joke. Sucks they would give the fight to a bum like Shannon Ritch and not me lol . Anyway dana easily takes this I’d say.

I’ve said it more than once: Claveau was in one of the greatest fights I have ever seen. He is also the consummate show man; he gets that you need personalities to sell a product. The license suspensions of fighters and trainers was nothing but a fucking shakedown.

3. Justsayin says:

Happy B-Day Robin!! What are you 24? :)

Remember, no Tequila!!

4. Dana Dickeson says:

Thanks for the props Mike!
    Say what you want about Shannon Ritch and I won’t argue but anything can happen in a fight. The fight markets well for the promoters and that was the offer that was on the table so I took it. Besides, I have been on the shelf for 2 years so I need to knock the dust off.

5. Dana Dickeson says:

Oh yeah…and Happy Birthday Robin!

6. mike kent says:

Ha ha I don’t blame you man ! Its a good fight to come back to. I wouldn’t turn down any fight that’s put in front of me especially after 2 years . Good luck man ill be up there rooting for u

7. Jero says:

As if you are the authority on what is or isn’t “bad for the sport”.

I put more credence Shannon Ritch’s opinion on the sport than any bandwagon-jumping fan.

8. mike kent says:

Shannon Ritch is a bum. The only person who doesn’t think so is Shannon ritch

9. BigBoi says:

I got nothing.

10. Priest says:

From what i read recently, “The Kid” isn’t going to be able to fight again because of his mishap in training.

Lino’s been taking shots at me?

Why, because I mildly questioned his show’s credibility?

Thanks for the birthday wishes. 42 years old and feelin good.

12. BigBoi says:

Okay, I lied I have a lot. I have questions about how someone can look at themselves in the morning after fighting Shannon “The Waste of Space” Ritch. I have questions about why someone would want this cum stain of a fighter on their record. I have questions about a promoter who would agree to his this fighter KNOWN FOR DOING WORKS on their card. I wonder why this bubbling, festering, vapid moron insists on showing up only for a paycheque and why the MMA community seems to turn a blind eye to it. I wonder how long it will be before we have more Shannon’s kicking around. I wonder why people who claim to enjoy fights want to support someone who is basically doing professional wrestling.

Now don’t come on here and tell me what a wonderful guy this moron is outside of the ring. I have respect for his military service and I can agree that he does have a ground game. These are actually things that add to my overall annoyance with him. The guy could actually win fights if he wanted to but instead you get the Shannon Method of fighting….

Step One – Walk to the cage dressed up like Apollo Creed’s fucked up twin (with bad tats).

Step Two – Pace menacingly from the other side of ring/cage and stare down opponent.

Step Three – Approach and throw one or two full weight shots. Throw them like you’re Casey at the plate looking for the upper deck.

Step Four – When step three fails accept the shot you know is coming or alternatively crumble to the ground under the first onslaught of strikes.

Step Five – Curl into the fetal position and begin to tap hoping that the ref isn’t checking out a ring girl.

Step Six – Get out graciously and commend your opponent for being very tough.

Step Seven – Collect money and head to your next work.

The End.

13. Tyler Davis says:

42 still rocking the abbs robin? Hats off sir

14. Cliff Claven says:

Lorenz vs Whitlock. I think the timing works out and this fight would be a great addition to the Agression card.

Thanks Tyler Davis you awesome bastard

16. john says:

here’s a rumor but not really a rumor………. im going to lightweight!!

I broke that non rumor 5 days ago john!

18. Ryan says:

Sucks to hear about HFP. I sure do hope they pull together and bring some good shows to Nova Scotia.

When are you fighting again, Mike?

19. LMJ says:

Happy Birthday, Robin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A BILLION!!!! :)

21. john says:

Thanks Robin- let all the lightweights know there is gonna be a new sheriff in town!!!!

Hey. Lightweights.

THERE’S GONNA BE A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!

Now how do we get Alessio vs Horodecki to happen??

24. mike kent says:

fighting september 24th forsure . but i wanna fight before that im in fight shape right now .

25. Ryan says:

^^ That’s awesome man! I’m joining Titan’s in Sackville in september. Maybe they’ll get you to do a seminar and i’ll be able to get punched by the future champ. Lol.

26. mike kent says:

Thanks for the props man but believe me out of all the people at titans doing seminars I won’t be one of them . Will be attending them together :) at our club I’m just a small fish in a big pond lol . With rob, peter , Roger , Matt magrath and many more I have some very unpleasant training camps lol

27. john says:

Horodecki is my buddy! love that kid …. dont really want to fight him, but again i guess its just business

who else would be good???

28. Bdc says:

Ritch ko’s Kent 8/10 times in the cage n the bedroom!( black told me so lol)

29. mike kent says:

Lol I guess I never should have never talked shit about ritch because i definitly have no interest in ever fighting him so that may have been wrong . Anyway someone with a record and reputation like his doesn’t look good on anyones record period . I thknk dana is wasting his Time with a dead end fight . He’s a bum

30. Ryan says:

Has anybody approached you about that fight in Alberta yet Mike? You’d think MFC would be all about signing you given their need for 185 talent and their wanting to expand to other parts of the country. I think you vs Andreas Spang would be a really good fight.

31. mike kent says:

yeah not really . nobody really wants to foot the bill to fly me there and until i fight someone who has a decent name there not gonna to want to bring me in which i understand . I have a couple of really good options for the next ecc in sept/october so after that maybe pursue that . i have a realy goood record against moderate competition lol . need to fight some good guys and win before i get any traction and i realize that