Ryan Ford Signs with Bellator

Ryan "The Real Deal" Ford has signed with Bellator. (photo by Jason Bouwmeester |TKO Photography)

It appears that Canadian welterweights are getting the attention they deserve. Ryan “The Real Deal” Ford just announced via his Facebook page that he has signed with Bellator. Ryan Ford, the current 8th ranked Canadian welterweight, currently holds a 16-3 MMA record and is on a 4 fight win streak with recent wins over Nick Hinchliffe and Karo Parisyan.

Ford’s debut will be in October at Casino Rama then he will be part of the 170lb $100,000 Tournament starting in January 2012.

49 Responses to “ Ryan Ford Signs with Bellator ”

Whaaaat… I thought the Welterweight tournament was full, I wonder who dropped out! This is the bracket according to Sherdog!

Douglas Lima vs. Steve Carl
    Dan Hornbuckle vs. Luis Santos
    Ben Saunders vs. Rick Hawn
    Brent Weedman vs. Chris Lozano

2. The Real Deal’s FB update:

“The Real Deal Will Be Keepin It GDUP For Bellator Fighting Championships. Debut In October @ Casino Rama Then The 170lb 100k Tournament In January 2012 Representing E-Town And Canada!!!!”

Maybe it’s the season 6 Welterweight Tournament, season 5 is supposed to start in September… awesome news either way!

4. Priest says:

Wow, congrats to ryan

5. TK says:

Ford is going to have a tough go against that field, IMO. Finally we have a chance to see him step up in competition, and finally end the constant debate.
    I wonder what this means for his “alleged” contract with MFC?

6. Marty says:

What about his ringside title fight? It was set for October

7. ryan farse says:

He’s going to get what he really deserves, once and for all.

8. ryan farse says:

ford will get owned

9. Edmonton MMA says:

Good for him! But I still get annoyed with how much he hypes himself up. Definitely a good way to make more money though, hope he does well

Exclusive?

11. Jason says:

Not sure… can’t see him fighting Ringside and Bellator in the same month.

12. mmafan says:

EdmontonMMA annoyed with how much he hypes himself up…thats a dedicated fighter and if he didn’t do it who would?? He is very marketable.. good luck Ford!!!

13. Jarvis says:

Here we go, lets see what Ford is made of in one of the 3 biggest shows out there. In my opinion its UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator.

14. ryan farse says:

he will go back to jail oneday , bet on it

15. kris says:

I like ford. He ain’t afraid to fight anyone, and he’s proving it!

16. ryan farse says:

he’s very careful who he fights but he will be exposed very soon

17. joe says:

I actually agree with Pavelich/Farse on this one. Ford can’t hang with the elite, I think this will be a quick exit from the tournament

18. BRD AT WRK says:

HATERS GONNA HATE….for starters who ever said he will be back in jail,bet on it,grow up and dont wish jail on a guy who has a family to take care of.also you obviously dont know ryan,i do and have put in tons of time with him in the gym.he reps hard for his city and is proud of where he is from and who he is.he is trying to put edmonton on the map and get attention brought here,which is only gonna benifit all mma fans here.so maybe stop hating and start to support!!

19. Edmonton MMA says:

MMAfan, I just prefer the humble guys, that’s all. Like I said, I like ford and wish him the best, also like what brd at work said about ford trying to put Edmonton on the map. I think he certainly will

20. Jarvis says:

You guys gotta show Ford respect for stepping up at least. Im not a Ford fan but finally he will test himself instead of trying to get hand picked wins at home.

^^^
    I dunno about finally testing himself. I think he’s tested himself numerous times actually.

22. ruckus780 says:

Who the fuck has Ryan hand picked,,,,get the fuck out of here,,,, Im so sick of this bullshit,,,,Ryan farce if I find out who you is Im gonna smash you… straight the fuck up your probably Mark Pavelich with your rat fink snake ass talk,,, swear to god allah jesus and walt disney I don’t like you … I aint got a problem with anybody on here even those that don’t like me I got love for,,,, I don’t care your opinion if you think Ford aint going to do well thats all good and your entitled to that,,,But when you wish incarceration on a father a son a brother a friend a mentor for troubled youth,,,I got a problem with that shit,,,,, Congrats to mien on his strikeforce signing congrats ryan ford for his bellator signing and congrats to every canadian especially western canadian that gets these oppurtunitys

23. bcmma says:

well said ruckus.ryan farse’s son will more likely end up in jail.Derek Medler next western canadian to make big show

24. kris says:

Yeah he’s taking every measure necessary to ensure he grows in this sport. He hasn’t been doing it that long, and his skillset is diversifying all the time.

25. Jarvis says:

Ford is very selective about his opponents, to me that is handpicking guys.

Regardless im glad to see Ford step up in Bellator and Mein in Strikeforce.

26. THE TRUTH says:

kICK THAT disrespectful PIECE OF SHIT FARSE OFF HERE…DAVE PAVELICH=FARSE.

27. Trent says:

aint dave in jail as we speak???? im willing to bet its his pops!

28. ruckus780 says:

Jarvis give an example of Ford being selective of his opponents and in return ill give you a list of fighters who have backed out of fights with Ryan,,,,
    Promoters pay Athletes to fight,,,, Athletes don’t pay for there opponents,,,, So if Aggression Tfc Mfc etc aint pay for a big enough nameto satisfy you im sorry,,, But seriously give me one circumstance in where ryan backed down or ducked from a fight…Look how long he’s been training and what he’s accomplished,,, Two decisive victories of Pete Spratt… Straight domination of a finalist on Tuf in tommy spears nearly kneed Karos head to armenia,,, Even John Walsh is a marine I garentee was no push over,,, Ryan Ford Fights for a living and fights whomever the promoters pay and in know way shape or form is a record padder… ask Harvey ask Moin ask Mark Sinclair even ask Paveshit

29. Chris Clements says:

Congratulations and good luck to Ryan. Briefly met him whe he fought Karo. Was pleasently surprised at how good a guy he was to speak with after only having the stuff people write online to go by.
    Win or lose in Bellator Ryan is a Top Canadian fighter and has earned his shot in the cage and thas all that matters is he performance in the cage. I wouldn’t say Karo is a guy that would be hand picked. He took that fight on relatively short notice after I couldn’t do it.
    Let’s support canadian fighters getting in these big shows it only opens doors for future Canadians

will be interesting. i am assuming he took a pay cut to fight for them.the exposure will be worth it…

He pretty much begged for the Karo fight… if he’s selecting guys to pad his record, that’s not a guy many fighters would try to pad their record with! Best of luck to Ryan in Bellator!

Also I messaged him and he said that the Aggression fight is still on but after that it’s all Bellator. He didn’t specify but it sounds like the Ringside fight is off!

32. Jarvis says:

Chris Clements vs Ryan Ford!

That’d be a real good fight

34. ryan farse says:

ruckus780 why would a guy like pavolich waste his time with a bum like you?

35. john says:

well i was really hoping for Ford vs Alessio in aggression and thought we was close, now i wonder if a fight will ever happen between us! Im personally not the biggest fan on Bellator, although they seem to be stepping up as a big show!

36. jamon says:

fords a fun fighter to watch glad he will be on tv once again

37. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Congrats Ryan,show everyone u deserve to fight on the highest level.

38. Edmonton MMA says:

Ryan farce and Jarvis have to be the least knowledgable people on the forum. I’m guessing they are fighters who are jealous of guys with bigger names then them. Sick of hearing there ridiculous shit

39. BigBoi says:

Congrats to Ryan. There are some seriously tough fights in this list and a few fights he can win. Could work out well for him providing he doesn’t draw Lima or Hornbuckle in the first round.

40. Trent says:

i think he beats Lima and Hornbuckle

41. kris says:

I think youre high Trent, because those are two out of three guys Ryan will have the most difficulty with. I don’t think he could beat Lima, I don’t think he’d beat askren, hornbuckle out of the three, is the best possibility. And I am a big believer in Ryan, and want nothing but success for him.

42. Jarvis says:

haha ryanfarse aka pavelich spelled it pavolich on purpose to act like he didnt know haha that is classic shit!

EdmontonMMA aka Ryan or Brandon Ford. Its about time you step up. It takes balls to leave your comfort zone but you are gonna get worked in Bellator.

43. BigFrank says:

It’s my first time on here but I really am surprised at some of the comments. Ford is good but has holes in his game he needs to fix and when he does he will be fine. Cody wannabe gangster Wood, take it or don’t I will save you a great deal of pain. I trained three years with Pavelich at his Maximum Martial Arts training Centre and I will give you some advice. I have seen Pavelich fight twice and on both occasions he begged both people not to fight, we thought he was backing down, he was pleading not to fight and on both occasions, he fucked up both guys very bad, I mean on the stretcher, tko bad and on both occasions sat back down like nothing happened. The guy is different no question, I’m not here to say either way but one thing for sure keep running that mouth the way you are don’t be surprised what will happen to you. Ryan Farse I don’t think you are anybody. Chris Clements is very good but needs to step up. Topmmanews is great. I love MMA and I think we all do.

BigFrank

44. Trent says:

Jarvis ur probly Paveldouche so please save us your musings.
    Kris you may be right i just thing Ryan is going to do very well at the next level. Frankly im stoked to see him win or lose, this way we can finally settle this whole thing once and for all!

45. ryan farse says:

trent if you hang on fords nuts anymore the poor guy won’t be able to take a piss.

46. DionB says:

Congrats Ryan! Wow how much controversy 1 guy from Etown can stir up lol I think the guys that bash him secretly are gay and have a crush on him I bet the are the first ones in the line ups to get his autograph. Keep doin what you doin, keep sayin what you sayin the more hate u got means the more people that are watching you!!

47. Trent says:

Farse i seen you screaming ryan’s name with a tear streaming down your face at his last fight so lets just leave it at that ok there lil fella!

48. ryan farse says:

that’s a good one

49. Congrats to Ryan Ford. All the best in Bellator.

Comments now closed.