Canadian Rumour Mill – July 18

Sorry I am a day late, but I had was at the beach getting my tan on. A little slower this week for rumours but a big one did break today with Cyborg taking on Canada’s Mein.  Go Young Gun!

• AFC is continually growing, I’m hearing that they’ve signed a deal with a European TV station to broadcast AFC 1-12. Well done!
  • Also speaking of AFC, looks like BJJ wizard Robert Drysdale will be fighting for their vacant light heavyweight belt on the November 12th show.
  • I’m hearing Canada’s #9 ranked Lightweight, 9-0 The Fight Club champ, Mitch Clarke might be going for a swim in Shark infested waters. ;)
  • Colloseo will now be held in Mayerthorpe, Alberta on September 3rd I’m hearing.
  • Well I guess the HFP show didn’t turn out so smooth after all.  It seems like alls not well at Hope Fight Productions! I’m hearing tons of rumours about internal conflict and infighting, money potentially disappearing, and a major rift between the promoters… boy oh boy! Looks like there may be two separate promotions, one being led by Ken Hope who’s been mentioning a show in September in Digby, NS and one led by Sara Steinke and Allen Hope back in Yarmouth later in the year. Who’s going keep the Hope Fight Productions name, who’s going to survive. Major drama WOW!
  • Steven Rogers retired before his much hyped rematch with Ricky Goodall, darn!
  • Unified is hoping to start a 4-man 135er tourney on their upcoming September 30th show. Some rumoured participants are Mike Davis (6-3), Mike Hofer (3-0), Roy Park (2-0).

168 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill – July 18 ”

1. Tyler Davis says:

P.s. sean stop rocking the singlets and I’m sure you will have plenty of fights lol

2. Sean Quinn says:

Just ordered a pair of Scramble pants. No more need for singlets. :)

Check out to be awesome like me.

3. Tyler Davis says:

And here I spent all my money on singlets trying to be just like sean…..danm!!!

4. Sean Quinn says:

Scramble pants. Wear them. Love them.

5. trevor cadia says:

drysdales sick, cant see many guys beating him. That bjj is incredible

6. Hank902 says:

Robin are you seriously trying to change your tune and say titles mean nothing?? I agree that regional titles don’t really mean all that much but that Elite1 title was the only reason you signed on to take the rematch with Poirier, you said so yourself. That was a pointless fight for you IMO. Poirier was a late replacement for the first fight and you ended it quickly so the rematch was ONLY so you could get the belt.

7. Tyler Davis says:

I just want somthing for above the fireplace……if I had a fireplace

8. justsayin says:

When it is all said and done and you talk story with your grandkids the belts will be the only thing that matters not to mention the benefit of having an edge when approaching potential sponsors.

Being on a Top Ten list means nothing, it’s merely a personal opinion and totally subjective of the current standing of a division.

There are no “gate keeper’s” only names that are in your way of achieving your just rewards! As you already know it’s not the pay check that keeps you doing what you love doing and if it is I would suggest a career change!

Keep doing what you are doing, you are on the right track. You might even get that fireplace!

9. Tyler Davis says:

Thanks a lot man appreciate it, and ya definatley not the money keeping me in this. I do it cause that’s the best “high” I’ve evr found(hooked from my first fight). Mma has truley change my life from a lazy stoner in high school with not to much of a future or options in life, into a motivated individual that no longer accepts failure as option and taught me the value of hard work. I love the sport and the people and friends I have met because of it.

When I drink I say some crazy things. Being straight up here.

I am very proud of my cool belt to be honest. I’ll always keep it and it’ll always remind me of the whole journey, not just the one fight.

I don’t drink tequila very often anymore. It clearly makes me have Bizzarro opposite thoughts to my standard opinion.

Sorry. ooops.

There’s a million reasons people fight, and all are valid if they are valid to the fighter.

11. Tyler Davis says:

If you told me in high school I would be a pro athlete I would have laughed, for the most part I was very small weak and asthma ridden, no self confidence, motivation or passion. Look at me now bitches

12. justsayin says:

Tyler with that said you have already accomplished what most can only hope for in any occupation or life in general, congratulations.

I really have no idea of the how it would feel to win a belt and achieve what I imagine every fighter dreams of but from what I have witnessed it has to be the ultimate pinnacle of one’s hard work and effort that no other can deny.

Robin I knew there had to be more to the story. You actually sounded more like Sean on a PMS Day than your normal self. Joking Sean, relax!

No worries, we have all been there and you still have my respect and you should be proud of your belt, you earned it!

Thanks so much justsayin really appreciate it

14. Tyler Davis says:

Ya man thanks for the kind words

15. Sean Quinn says:

Youre a dead man. And ftr, with all the weight cutting i have done in the past, I am now menopausal. Bitch.

16. justsayin says:

Well now that explains it! Will somebody please get this man a fight already!!

17. Sean Quinn says:

18. Hank902 says:

Cool Robin. Glad you didn’t flip flop on your opinion. I don’t always agree with peoples opinion but I have more respect for them if they at least stand by it.