KOTC Brawl In The Mall 5: Quick Results – Waterhen Captures Middleweight Gold

King of the Cage is live tonight from Edmonton, Alberta with Brawl in the Mall 5. Here are the quick results from tonights event:

Elmer Waterhen defeats Brad Stewart via TKO (Punches) in Round 2, 4:43
***Waterhen wins vacant KOTC Middleweight Championship

Troy Sorensen defeats TJ Klassen via Submission (Kimura) in Round 1, 2:20

Behrang Yousefi defeats Nick Smith via TKO (Knees & Punches) in Round 1, 4:50

Nick Cambell defeats Chris Lauzon via TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 2:32

Neal Anderson defeats Leo Constant via Submission (Punches) in Round 1, 1:08

James McGrath defeats Travis Pigeon via TKO (Punches) in Round 1, 0:17

George Matechuk defeats Shaun Ramotar via TKO (Elbows) in Round 1, 4:34

Trent Thorne defeats Greg Large via Submission (Exhaustion) in Round 1, 4:04

KOTC: Brawl in the Mall 5 – Recap

36 Responses to “ KOTC Brawl In The Mall 5: Quick Results – Waterhen Captures Middleweight Gold ”

Awesome performance by Neal Anderson… Rolling triangle and forces Constant to tap out due to strikes from that position! Congrats Neal!

2. Jamie Locke says:

Congrats Trent!

Sick fuckin win by neal!

4. TK says:

Congrats Trent!

I bit my tongue (so to speak) when the weigh-in results were posted, but Leo Constant coming in way overweight as usual, then tapping due to strikes 1 minute in is totally ridiculous. Why do commissions allow this to happen time and again? The song remains the same…

5. Dean Panas says:

Congrats to Behrang Yousefi. The kid can fight!

The yousefi vs smith fight was a very exciting fight.

7. Dean Panas says:

Glad to hear it Bobby. He was on our amatuer show and the kid was very impresseive.

8. Tyler Davis says:

B Tang!!!

9. Tyler Davis says:

Lol go trent hahaha best submission I’ve heard of

Elmer vs Stewart was an all action exciting fight as I expected. Great finish!

11. Trent says:

yup thanks boys thats the first time ive ever tickled a guy into submission! lol props to elmer on his massive win! awesome night by a few fighters tonight! you guys work hard and it showed!

submission by exhaustion. man that is gonna haunt that guy…

13. Mike Davis says:

ELMER!!!! wicked winning last 3 nice to see after that 5 fight losing streak. B-Tang is a solid up and coming prospect look forward to seeing more from him.

14. ryan farse says:

ghetto fighting championships, this is classic

Trent Thorne defeats Greg Large via Submission (Exhaustion) in Round 1, 4:04

15. Big Win says:

Congrats to Waterhen on the big win

I see a rubber match somewhere down the line… hopefully not right away though, I hate immediate rematches!

17. anonymous says:

Anybody else see shades of Wanderlei in Behrang?

18. Anonymousette says:

Yes sir that kid is great!

19. kris says:

Isn’t it against the law to mention a name like Wands on a post about KOTC???

20. Shaun Ramotar says:

Just wanted to again thank Mitch Clarke for being such a great guy and taping my hands for me last night. Thank you so much Mitch. The guy didn’t even know me and took the time to help me out.

21. John says:

It would be kris if it was not true. But with Yousefi, it is more then true. He’s got a little bit of another Silva in him also.

22. BigBoi says:

So correct me if I’m wrong here…

1. Thorne litterally comes off the coach to take this fight.
    2. He takes it two weight classes above where he should be fighting.
    3. Fights someone who is a ‘natural’ at this weight class.
    4. Large bitches out… I mean quits due to exhaustion?

Congrats on the win Trent (seriously, nice accomplishement).

Once again people when a professional (Trent) means a tourist (Large) we see that MMA is not a right and is in fact a privledge that needs to be earned.

23. codykrahn says:

it was a short notice fight, didnt really expect fight of the night. Trent was sick before weighins and kept hammering a scrappy dude. It was pretty funny to see someone tap with a limp wrist tho.

24. kris says:

lol

25. kris says:

Ok john I hear you. Everyones gotta start somewhere, shame its a show like KOTC. I will watch for Yousefi, sounds intriguing.

26. Bdc says:

Nice too see ew with a belt around his waist he is a fun fighter to watch n hopefully gets good fights in the future n not someone who wants to lay n pray on him for 5 rounds. Nice job ew.

27. Jarvis says:

Trent Thorne won a fight? He is a creepy ass dude

28. Fan says:

Anybody see that Mcgrath guy? I heard he broke pigeon’s nose first hit. Pretty insane

29. Edmonton MMA says:

Waterhen always puts on a great show, no surprise there!

30. FAN says:

A night of GREAT fights!! A lot of up and coming 125’ers and 135’ers that I am sure will give some current ‘seasoned’ fighters a run for their money down the road. Elmer had a great win, some interesting techniques by fighters that I’ve never seen before, a lot of classy fighters that showed great sportsmanship,…all in all one hell of a night!

31. codykrahn says:

Really? Cuz i thought other than yousefi and the elmer vs stewart fights the rest were pure shit and i found myself laughing my ass off, especially the Nick Cambell vs Chris Lauzon fight.

32. FAN says:

I wouldn’t have said Yousefi was the best fighter. His opponent Nick Smith didn’t go down easy and I look forward to seeing more from him. I also look forward to seeing more from his cousin George Matechuk. You can’t say that was a boring fight. Neal Anderson was another good one. Elmer was amazing and I also enjoyed the Klassen and Sorensen fight. Not sure what you found sooooo funny about those fights???

I enjoyed myself and had a good time.
    I thought the Matechuk vs Ramotar fight was good, same with Yousefi vs Smith and of course Waterhen and Stewart. Also Large and Thorne was semi competitive till Large gassed.

34. Trent says:

there were some good fights that night, but i chuckled a few times along side Cody. Although allot of my laughe’s were due to how much Cody seemed to like the Lauzon fight…. it was pretty comical.

Thanks again guy’s, especially you Big Bio! gonna try to make fans of you guys anyway i can!

35. Tyler Davis says:

Trent you rule!!! And ya been training with behrang he is scary fast a real natural talent, great guy to boot. Nice guy but a killer in the cage

36. […] 7/16/11- KOTC Brawl in the Mall 5 Edmonton Event Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada […]