Elite 1 MMA Hostile Territory Quick Results – Horn Wins Title

Elite 1 MMA goes down tonight from Casino New Brunswick in Moncton, here’s the quick results:

Jeremy Horn submits Shawn Marchand via Rear Naked Choke @ 2:18 of Rd1 ***Horn becomes the new Elite 1 MMA World Light Heavyweight Champion***
Brad Duguay submits Justin Bourgeois via Triangle Choke @ 3:33 of Rd1 ***Duguay Captures the Elite 1 MMA Featherweight Title***
Scott Fraser defeats Chris Johnson via Split Decision (29-28,28-27,28-29) ***Fraser Retains the Elite 1 MMA Heavyweight Title***
Steven Rogers submits Jason Mackay via Guillotine Choke @ 2:46 of Rd1
Shawn Wallace defeats Chris Goguen via TKO @ 3:20 of Rd2
Phil Harris submits Dave Claroni via Tapout @ 1:28 of Rd1, Claroni complains of vision problems in his left eye
Andrew Bishop defeats Norm Robichaud via KO @ :28 of Rd1
Jon Foster submits Bryston Jardine via Guillotine Choke @ :50 of Rd1
Cory Smearer defeats Morgan Ellis via TKO @ 2:59 of Rd1

24 Responses to “ Elite 1 MMA Hostile Territory Quick Results – Horn Wins Title ”

1. Mike Malott says:

rogers submitted MacKay???!!! what!! … WOW. i did not see that coming. congrats to rogers!

Good win by Rogers!

Can someone explain the Fraser vs Johnson scoring?

4. derek leblanc says:

i wish i could because it is messed. there was no point taken away at any point during the fight. it was a hard fight to call but the one judge was smoking crack to score it 28-27.

5. Springhiller says:

You’re still the champ in your hometowns eyes Justin! You make us proud!

If the judge actually scored it like that, then he should be barred from judging. Derek please investigate.

7. derek leblanc says:

got ahead of you Bobby. I was talking with Gramham Walker who is the head of the commission in Moncton. He said that he would not comment with the matter at this time. He said that he was surprised with the judges ruling himself and that they were going to re look at the fight and ask the judge about that. He said he would talk with me later in the week about the matter but he didn’t want to get into the details tonight

8. derek leblanc says:

Also on a side note and I forgot to email this to Don but Shawn Marchand annoucned after the fight with Horn that he is retiring. tried to grab him but he already left. Keep tuned in for tomorrow for my play by play of the event but for now I got to drive back to halifax which means three hours of coffee and the Rolling stones blaring out the car stereo. Looking forward to seeing the commments when I am online again

Good stuff Derek!

10. Jamie Locke says:

Was that a three round title fight?

Big win for Rogers!

Non title for rogers fight

12. Jamie Locke says:

Fraser vs Johnson? There is only three round worth of scores?

13. Tim says:

yep, In NB a Canadian title is 3 x 5 min rds. And world titles is 5 X 5 rds…

Steven Rogers retired as well I guess.

From FB:

Steven Williams
    Tonight we had 2 great MMA fighters retire from MMA. Shawn Marchand and Steven Rogers. .. You guys will always be Our champs…. I wish you both the best….

15. mikey5time says:

Yeah, Mackay retired a couple of times before. They’ll retire until a good fight comes along, nothing wrong with that.

16. Jenn Harris says:

OK , So where do i start…… FIRST OF ALL how about we get the winners names right IT’s PAUL HARRIS not Phil Harris that won against dave Claroni.

17. Jenn Harris says:

OH yea and Chris Johnson is a True Warrior.I don’t know about the scoring cause i was Super Ring Side and from where i was sitting Chris defiantly had 2 or those rounds in the bag or at the very least it was a draw.

18. Jana (JSR) says:

Yup, Steven Rogers has retired!! :-) Confirmed!

19. Jamie Locke says:

All that drama with Goodall over the belt, then he is retiring anyway?

All the best in the future Mr Rogers, I am sure we’ll see him back in the cage again!

20. Paul Harris says:

I’d just like to say Thank you to Chris Johnson and the rest of Team Sygo For helping me prepare for my Pro debut against Dave Claroni on Saturday July 16th. As well as my sponsor Night palace, Pantorama, Ben Moss jewellers and Stretchers gym. I can’t forget to thank John Williams for providing my fight gear from his personal clothing line Gunshigear. But most of all i would like to thank the tree most important people in my life my wife Jenn Harris My 7 year old Princess Bryanna and my 7 1/2 month old baby girl Brooklyn

21. Derek LeBlanc says:

Sorry about that jenn, I must have emailed the name wrong to my boss but it was fixed in the play by play. I do agree with you on the scoring and I did feel that Johnson won the fight but it was tough. My problem was that one judge scored the fight 28-27 which didnt make any sense

22. Jana (JSR) says:

That’s kinda part of the problem Jamie, all that drama…. Steven can’t wait around forever waiting for Ricky to agree to a re-match :) He had the offer and backed out 2 weeks before…can’t play that game. I doubt he’ll ever make 155.

23. retire because one guy won’t fight you? why not just fight someone else?

Keith, please listen to Top MMA Radio prior to jumping to conclusions :)
    Steven and Jana explain the retirement decision.