Canadian Rumour Mill – July 4
HAPPY CANADA DAY AND INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!!
Did everyone catch William and Kate on Canada Day! Now that girl has style! I hear they are going to visit Alberta on their royal trip. Maybe they will pay a royal visit to the Black Prince of MMA while they are there.
How come we don’t have a cool Canada Day movie where Aliens come and blow up 24 Sussex Drive and then Ryan Reynolds, Keanu Reeves, or Hayden Christiansen save us!!! Now that’d be a blockbuster! :)
On to the rumours:
- Now that former/current ??? MFC Lightweight champion Antonio McKee is back in the fold and scheduled to fight Brian Cobb sometime soon is he still going to be competing on the Colloseo Championship Fighting card in Sangudo? I’m hearing ‘yes!’
- Big twitter war happened on the weekend between Aggression and ERA Fightwear. Check it out on twitter: @Erafightwear, @aggressionmma, @aggressionmma1
- Ryan Machan has had to pull out of his fight with Keto Allen on the upcoming inaugural AX Combat show. Mark Burns has stepped up on short notice to fill the void, and make the bout a classic Edmonton vs Calgary matchup.
- Nick Hinchliffe vs Jesse Juarez is not happening at CCF Bushido.
- So Steven Rogers vs Ricky Goodall’s much hyped and anticipated rematch will not be happening on the July 16th Elite1 show, as Ricky Goodall has withdrawn. Veteran Jason MacKay has agreed to replace Goodall. This fight is still a non-title fight. Why is it at a 160lbs catchweight when MacKay last fought at 145lbs?
- Hope Fight Productions next show will most likely be in September, that is if they can work out their differences with the Nova Scotia Boxing Authority.
- Tim Hague will not be rematching Todd Duffee in Japan at DREAM.
- Denis Kang’s next fight will be back in Korea this month, his opponent: Seung Bae Whi.
- How confusing is it to have a ONE Fighting Championship in Montreal on Sept 2 and a ONE Fighting Championship in Singapore on Sept 3.
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.