Aggression MMA 8 – Edmonton – September 16

Aggression MMA LogoAggression MMA LogoDate: September 16, 2011
Location: Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, AB
TV: Internet PPV on aggressionmma.com
Tickets: TNT Tickets

170lbs – Ryan Ford (16-3) vs. Dave Hulett (17-9)
265lbs – Tim Hague (12-5) vs. Vince Lucero (20-21-1)
205 lbs – Nick Penner (11-1) vs. Tim Chemelli (8-1)
145 lbs – Adam Lorenz (5-1) vs. Alvin Robinson (11-6)
***Featherweight Title Fight
155 lbs – Stephen Beaumont (3-0) vs. Warren Phillips (5-2)
145 lbs – Freddy Assuncao (4-1) vs. Baz Cunningham (6-2)
173 lbs – Rio Wells (5-1) vs. Bill Fraser (3-5)
155 lbs – Devon Jones (3-0) vs. Keenan Feeney (2-1-1)
170 lbs – Mike Scarcello (1-0-1) vs. Mike Hill (3-0)

136 Responses to “ Aggression MMA 8 – Edmonton – September 16 ”

Tim would beat Yvel in a great fight.

2. phil baroni says:

come on now do you guys really wanna see hague get carried out on the stretcher?..lol yvels standup is on another level then hagues and i expect a easy ko win for yvel if they fight

3. Update: Added Adam Lorenz to the card.

4. Tim Hague says:

Guys, I’d love to take on these tough challenges, but at the moment! I am working long hours at a new job, and can’t train like a pro. If I get by Vince Lucero, we’ll see who’s next. Aggression administration has named an opponent for November that I’d love to fight, and if they can get him signed, there will be no complaining. In fact if Aggression can sign this guy, it would be the biggest non ufc fight ever in Canada, and it would blow this city up.

5. Ryan says:

^^^ You heard it there first.

Hague vs Fedor in November.

Lol, I kid. tim i’m sure you’re a great guy. both Pat Barry and Mitrione say you’re a great guy and I know a girl that baby sits your kids or atleast used to (Brooke, is her name. She could have been lying lol) and she said that you’re a great guy aswell. All the best bro, hope you see you fight in the maritimes sometime. Hague vs Hollett please.

6. Cj Saftic says:

Tim Hague is a great guy and I’m not worried if his opponent Vince Lucero is 20-21-1 with a 8 fight losing streak. The fact is it takes a lot to get in there and this is a tune up fight so I’m not expecting a top 20 guy.
    On the Hollett note, he’s a light-heavyweight sand Hague is a huge heavyweight so i don’t see it happening.

UPDATE: Added Internet PPV on aggressionmma.com with commentary provided by Joe Doerksen and Dean Panas

8. Ryan says:

@ CJ. Hollett has fought at HW before I believe. He is fucking huuuuge. Probably cuts down from 225 or so. He was supposed to fight a heavyweight fight a year and a half ago or something like that I think but It got cancelled.

Also, why the hate Phil? I respect you a lot, but it’s really not like you’re any closer to being in the UFC than Tim is.

9. Sylvester Stallone says:

Ryan i dont think thats the real phil baroni

10. Update: Sy Jewett injured.

11. phil baroni says:

obv im not the real phil baroni lol most people know who i am on here and i really dont hate tim i just like to get a rise out of his nut huggers that think hes the toughest guy ever lol

12. BigBoi says:

wait, CJ Hollet from out east? Roger’s brother? No way is he a ‘big’ HW. He’d be a solid LHW at best.

Aggression is getting lots of coverage on MMA Junkie the past few days, first a Tim Hague article and now a Freddy Assuncao article… good to see another Canadian promotion getting some press outside Canada!

UPDATE: A few last minute changes, James Chaney is out, Mike Hill fights Mike Scarcello instead of Rio Wells and Bill Fraser steps in to take on Rio Wells

15. Edmonton MMA says:

Question of little importance. Isn’t chemelli 9-1 and penner 11-1?

I went with my best knowledge of their records, I think I remember hearing that Penner has a win in Manitoba that’s not listed on Sherdog but I’m not 100% and I know Chemelli has at least one loss that isn’t documented but the win total is accurate as far as I know, but I could be off by one!

17. Edmonton MMA says:

Who did Chemelli lose to? And I heard the same about penner

I think chemelli lost to sean wright

Penner won in wpg on king john’s show. Against tj gibson.

Bobby, beat me to it… MMA.tv has Penner’s win over Gibson and Chemelli himself told me about the loss to Wright… Bobby do you know if Tim has another undocumented win?

20. showtying says:

i want to fight rio wells if he wins..and before yall start talking shit i like the guy i think he is cool shit just want to fight him

21. Tim Hague says:

That’s how you call Someone out. Good on ya showtying

22. Landon says:

Wil be be able to order the ppv after the fights or is it only available live?

not sure Cody, sorry

@Landon… Moin says the fights will only be available live for now!

25. Landon says:

Damn. Thanks Cody.

26. mike kent says:

hey little help please ! i ordered this card a few seconds ago . im in halifax what time is this going to start ? its 10:00 here now . i thought there 3 hours ahead in halifax so its 7 there now i thought it should be on by now ?

We just got the word, they’re going live in 10 minutes!

28. evmister says:

Card should start any minute now!

29. mike kent says:

thanks guys ! super pumped for this card , so many great fighters on one card !

30. mike kent says:

great first fight ! mike hill looked very impressive fought hard and never slowed at all through 3 rounds . dean and joe doerkson doing great job on commentary ! anyone know what joe doerkson walks around at . looked huge beside announcer

31. evmister says:

30-24? are you kidding me? Did i hear that right?

Confirmed with Vern Gorman that it was read wrong… 30-27, 29-28, 30-27

33. evmister says:

ahh they fixed it haha

34. mike kent says:

lmao that was a unexpected turn of events lol good job guys ! and joe i never called you fat just said you looked huge beside the anouncer lol … donuts are good

35. Anonymousette says:

Very nice ppv thus far! Great commentating aggression is well on it’s way to paying back fans for botched cage! Good job!