Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – June 26

What’s all that stuff about the Black Prince of MMA putting his company up for sale? Really confusing to me!

• Look for Tim Hague to make his return against Damien Decorah at Aggression’s September show. After the problems experienced last show, it’s got me thinking… that’s two big boys going at it, hopefully the cage floor can handle it.
  • CCF Bushido with PRIDE Rules in Edmonton in September? CCF says they will submit their permit this week.  Look for MMA bad boys Yvel and Falcao to be on the card.
  • BJJ superstar Rodrigo Munduruca will return to action on Canadian Fighting Championship 7.
  • Next Hybrid event will be Sept 16 which is one week away from the Sept 24 show for Wreck. The main event will be a rematch between Dan Lariviere and Ralph Jean Pierre. The two guys went through the ropes and landed onto the floor last fight, OMG!!!
  • Ringside Featherweight champ Mitch Gagnon will take on Stephane Pelletier for the Ringside Bantamweight title if his test weight drop goes well
  • Former KOTC LW champ, Tony Hervey has been added to the July 16 Pro Fighting Championship debut show in Windsor.
  • Looks like the Canadian commissions are looking to create a national organization on par with the ABC.  Why not call it the CBC?  Oh wait, that’s taken.  Joel Fingard or Ken Hayashi may be tapped on the shoulder to run the national body.
  • Look for fast rising Atlantic prospect Mike Kent (6-0) to look for fights out west and/or in Quebec and Ontario after thrashing his Atlantic competition. You never know if you’re ready unless you do it!
  • Alex Caporicci will be filling up the undercard of the Canadian Bellator event and it looks like the 2-0 Alex Ricci is on it.
  • The Score considered their debut show to be a success and will be holding another show this year.
  • The same commissions are petitioning the Canadian government to change section 83 to fully legalize MMA and are trying to get provincial commissions everywhere.  Imagine a world with one commission in Alberta and BC?
  • Look for a new and improved opponent for Lee Mein coming up on Bully’s Fight Night.
  • Aggression has come to an agreement in principle with Takedown Entertainment for their worldwide distribution rights to their past and future MMA fights, as well as some branding and sponsorship.
  • From everything I’ve heard, the Nova Scotia Boxing Authority is a mess. They can’t to even seem to know who runs what in the commission. BAD!

44 Responses to “ Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – June 26 ”

1. Bdc says:

An Alberta commission as one shit ya way less bs

2. Hank902 says:

Is it possible to have a Canada wide commission? It’s a shame what some of these commissions are doing to MMA. There are too many different opinions on how to run things and nobody (fighters or promoters) know where they stand. HFP out on a good show in Yarmouth by the sounds of things but they had their main event canceled after weigh ins. They paid the money to bring guys in then they can’t put the fight on. Makes promoting mma in Nova Scotia seem like a very risky proposition

3. Jarvis says:

What do you guys think about Demian Decorah vs Tim Hague?

Demian Decorah had a tough submission loss against UFC vet Mike Ciesnolevicz in Prestige 1 and should have gotten the nod against Ray Penny in Prestige 2 but lost by split decision.

4. Jason says:

Re: commissions, I think a federal commission might be a bit of a stretch but I could see a federal oversight commission of some sort that would regulate/oversee provincial commissions. I think it’d have to be one that had the authority to step in on short notice to address appeals in instances like what happened out East with Eastman/Hicks.

5. I don’t think this is a federal commission but rather an association of Canadian commissions, just like the ABC is an association of American commissions (with non-voting Canadian and Mexican commissions allowed)

There needs to be accountability for commissions.

btw I love the longer list of “Recent Comments”

8. Jarvis says:

Who is Lee Mein fighting? Or who was this big name guy he was supposed to fight?

9. ONE World commission for mma would be nice. Less conflict.

10. Mein fighting James McSweeney.

Is it just me or do others want to see Mitch Gagnon vs John Fraser? I don’t care if its at 135, 145, or they drop no weight and do it at 155 or 160.

11. Mike Davis says:

“There needs to be accountability for commissions.”

YES YES YES

12. Mike Davis says:

btw I love the longer list of “Recent Comments”

and once again Bobby I agree love it

13. Jamie Locke says:

I am also digging the longer list….Now if we can keep the trolls from filling it up with useless hate on Tim Hague etc…

Ya why do those trolls hate Tim so much?

Also agree with The Bobby and One a The Davis’…. longer list of “Recent Comments” is a1.

Good times.

15. Jarvis says:

People hate on Timmy because of the way he treats people. He acts like he is this great mma legendary figure and in reality he is very very average.

Lee will KO McSweeney!

17. booboo says:

Gagnon vs fraser would b sick ,would love to see romero or lorenz vs groulx at ringside12 , should b , could b , lets do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Sam wambam says:

From wat I hear from friends about mr.Hague is that he’s a very nice (almost to a flaw) to people known or unknown! Can anyone honestly say that he has grated them badly?

19. Mike Davis says:

Tim is a awesome guy and each time I have met him he was great. Not cocky or act like hes better then anyone from what I have seen at all.

20. Adam Lorenz says:

I would be down for that booboo anytime and anywhere. Thanks.

21. I have talked with Tim in person once and on the phone once. I thought he was a super nice guy.

22. Jamie Locke says:

I’ve chatted with Tim a couple times, even when I set him up with a fighter who bailed on him, he was still a super nice guy.

I’ve got nothing but respect for the man myself, plus, just making it to the big show was an enormous accomplishment that many men will never see.

Either way, let’s not get Jarvis started on this one…

23. ryan farse says:

Tim Hague fighting a can same shit different dat with Agression

24. Jarvis says:

Keith Grienke, you talked to once? That is not a fair interpretation. Anyone can be polite for 10 mins.

25. Jarvis says:

Ryan Farse knows what time it is

26. Title Shot Mgmt says:

Bobby you had your comment backwards Lee Mein is getting Koed by McSweeny, and Tony Hervey is going to shock the canadian MMA scene when he picks up his second win over a WEC vet!!!

I don’t think Hervey beating a WEC vet is a shock. The guy has some decent wins such as Alberto Crane, as well as gave Gomi a very tough fight.

TSM, no I think I didn’t have my comments backwards cuz I was the one typing them.

28. Dean Panas says:

BKB, you only have your initials backwards. When it comes to MMA knowledge you get most things straight. It’s amazing how much you know!!

29. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

I feel a bit talkative so will comment on some of the gossip queen stuff…

I’m not sure if Tim is fighting Decorah but if he is I woulda liked to see Tim fight better competition than Decorah in his return back. Decorah is a tough guy, but really he’s never beat anyone of note.

Someone like Antoine “Herc” Hayes, Tony Sylvester, Brian Heden, Marcus Sursa.

I’d think those guys have a bit better name value and also think it looks better on record and publicly.

re Colloseo…

Anyone know if there will be any repercussions if fighters fight on this card? Cuz I think the show is licensed by the “for hire” commission that is not recognized by the ABC/CBF if I’m correct.

31. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

I’d love to see more promotions setup fights based on the rankings.
    Either amongst the fighters or opponents somewhat based on ranking level of fighter.

32. Bobby Karimi-Busheri … I asked Alex Caporicci this when he was on Top MMA Radio and he said he definitely uses the rankings while matchmaking.

33. Adam Lorenz says:

^^^That sounds good! So who does a guy near the top get a fight with? Been waiting since March for some action.

34. Jarvis says:

Tim wont fight anyone that has a chance to beat him. He just wants to get back to the UFC again so he can post about it on FB and get attention.

I don’t think those guys realistically have a chance to beat him. Was just saying that those would be better looking fights but still safe enough for his first fight back.

36. Gunner says:

Jarvis regardless of your opinion on Tim but your last post confused me….. regardless of how it is acheived yes his goal is to GET BACK to the UFC and if picking his opponents gets him there then all the power to him. If you asked 99% of fighters right now if they were guaranteed to be back/or in the UFC if they could pick any 3 or 4 fighters to fight no matter of skill level and they would get there you best believe every fighter is going to try to pick fights which they feel is an easy win if it would get them to that level. On the same hand all those so called eay fights….. well you slip up once and well you just fried yourself so the double edge sword works both ways.

37. Gunner says:

now on to serious stuff i think we need an updated picture of gossip’s derriere in new ring trunks

I know TMN is being lazy on that!!!

39. Still trying to convince BKB to agree to model a pair of those shorts! ;)

LOL THAT IS SO WRONG!

41. Pavelduche says:

ryan farse = Pavelich

Fact – Yeah I said it. BAM

42. Jason says:

LOL BKB… it sure is ;)

43. Phil Baroni says:

i saw on facebook that hague might be fighting duffee in dream lol

44. UPDATE: After these get submitted to me by GQ, I try to confirm the stories. I would say well over 80% happen.

One rumour on here did not happen. According to the ECSC, the CCF never applied for an Edmonton date in September and they do not have a permit.