Canadian MMA Rumour Mill – June 26
What’s all that stuff about the Black Prince of MMA putting his company up for sale? Really confusing to me!
- Look for Tim Hague to make his return against Damien Decorah at Aggression’s September show. After the problems experienced last show, it’s got me thinking… that’s two big boys going at it, hopefully the cage floor can handle it.
- CCF Bushido with PRIDE Rules in Edmonton in September? CCF says they will submit their permit this week. Look for MMA bad boys Yvel and Falcao to be on the card.
- BJJ superstar Rodrigo Munduruca will return to action on Canadian Fighting Championship 7.
- Next Hybrid event will be Sept 16 which is one week away from the Sept 24 show for Wreck. The main event will be a rematch between Dan Lariviere and Ralph Jean Pierre. The two guys went through the ropes and landed onto the floor last fight, OMG!!!
- Ringside Featherweight champ Mitch Gagnon will take on Stephane Pelletier for the Ringside Bantamweight title if his test weight drop goes well
- Former KOTC LW champ, Tony Hervey has been added to the July 16 Pro Fighting Championship debut show in Windsor.
- Looks like the Canadian commissions are looking to create a national organization on par with the ABC. Why not call it the CBC? Oh wait, that’s taken. Joel Fingard or Ken Hayashi may be tapped on the shoulder to run the national body.
- Look for fast rising Atlantic prospect Mike Kent (6-0) to look for fights out west and/or in Quebec and Ontario after thrashing his Atlantic competition. You never know if you’re ready unless you do it!
- Alex Caporicci will be filling up the undercard of the Canadian Bellator event and it looks like the 2-0 Alex Ricci is on it.
- The Score considered their debut show to be a success and will be holding another show this year.
- The same commissions are petitioning the Canadian government to change section 83 to fully legalize MMA and are trying to get provincial commissions everywhere. Imagine a world with one commission in Alberta and BC?
- Look for a new and improved opponent for Lee Mein coming up on Bully’s Fight Night.
- Aggression has come to an agreement in principle with Takedown Entertainment for their worldwide distribution rights to their past and future MMA fights, as well as some branding and sponsorship.
- From everything I’ve heard, the Nova Scotia Boxing Authority is a mess. They can’t to even seem to know who runs what in the commission. BAD!