Strikeforce: Overeem vs Werdum Live Results – Overeem, Barnett Win

Strikeforce is in Dallas tonight to complete the first round of the Heavyweight Grand Prix. If you are in Canada you can watch the event live on Super Channel.

Here are the live results:
Alistair Overeem defeats Fabricio Werdum by Unanimous Decision
Josh Barnett submits Brett Rogers by Arm Triangle in Round 2, 1:17
Jorge Masvidal defeats K.J. Noons by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
Daniel Cormier defeats Jeff Monson by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
Chad Griggs defeats Valentijn Overeem by TKO (GNP) in Round 1, 2:08

Justin Wilcox and Gesias Cavalcante ends in No Contest (unintentional eyepoke)
Conor Heun defeats Mango Almeida by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Nah-Shon Burrell defeats Joe Ray by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Isaac Vallie-Flagg defeats Brian Melancon by Unanimous Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

Main Card: (Super Channel)

19 Responses to “ Strikeforce: Overeem vs Werdum Live Results – Overeem, Barnett Win ”

1. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Great performance by Masvidal!

2. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Nice sub by Barnett, even better promo, lol!

3. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Werdum’s gonna take this, I dunno why I’m thinking ko/tko. :)

4. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

I wonder if Werdum thought about training cardio at all, jeez! (Overeem’s gas tank wasn’t good either)

5. Not a good fight between Overeem and Werdum. Hope Barnett takes it all.

6. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Barnett wins this!

Hey Bobby and Keith… what did you score the Overeem/Werdum fight?

8. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

29-28 Overeem. (1 W, 2 O, 3 O)

But honestly I could see it 29-28 Werdum. ((1 W, 2 O, 3 W)

Bad fight.

9. Dean Panas says:

What a painful fight to watch!!I think if Werdum would of kept throwing his hands and not tried so hard for the takedown he had this fight. I know the strategy was obvious, but they should of changed it up after the first round. In my opinion, he would of been able to capatilize more on takedowns by throwing more. There would of been more opportunities.

10. Dean Panas says:

I agree with you Bobby. After hearing the scores I thought I was an idiot (I know I know, but I had it 29-28 for Werdum.

11. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Ya, especially at the total end of the fight, Werdum has Overeem covering up against the cage and throwing, then he stops and goes for takedown, WTF?!?

12. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

Werdum’s actions once down on the mat and his gassing made it real hard to score positively for him. Overeems body language was that of a guy winning.

13. I had 29-28 Overeem, 1 and 2 to Overeem and 3 to Werdum.

14. ruckus780 says:

oh noooo ,,,,,, back like a bad case of the crabs,,,,look up in the sky its a bird its a plane naw muthafuckas it mr tell it like it is,,,,,
    I think that fight was garbage ,,, I think the demolition man could benefit from a sports phycologist or some shit cause verdums pussy ass chicken shit antics clearly frustrated the shit out of overeem,,,, and fabricio should be fined suspended maybe even cut for being such a coward,,,I got nothing against bjj wrestling or any grappling technique,,, however fights start on the fight and it is a fighters responsibility to take the fight to where he has an advantage not jump to the mat and beg the striker to play his game to me that was straight pussy shit and i lost all respect for verdume as a fighter,,,,this aint adcc,,,but hey whatever,,, cormier impressed the hell out of me fucking powerhouse if he keeps working on his striking he’s going to go far with his wrestling pedigree,,,,masvidal is a beast im not even a kj fan but did not think masvidal was going to beat him up like a red headed step child on her period,,,Barnett didn’t impress me so much as bret rogers submitted like a hoe before the choke was even locked,,,,still picking silva and barnett in the finals even though next to cain overeem is my favourite heavyweight

i can’t read what this guy writes

I’m not translating again, BKB.

17. I put it into Google’s Ruckus to English translator.

“Overeem was frustrated by Werdum pulling guard.
    No respect for Werdum, who should be suspended for pulling guard. Cormier is a powerhouse. Masvidal was amazing. Brett Rogers submitted very quickly. Fights start on the fight.”

18. ruckus780 says:

thanks keith,,,good looking out

19. Dean Panas says:

We need a “RUCKANESE” translator!! Ruckus is actually a pretty cool guy. We have had a few laughs and his facebook comments are reeeeeeeeeeally out there!! He actually knows what he is talking about when it comes to MMA. He even gave me some advice after the last show and it was a bit of a suprise considering the topic it was about.