It’s Eastman vs Hicks in Yarmouth

Top MMA News has learned that UFC veteran Marvin Eastman will be facing Marcus Hicks at the Throwdown in Y-Town card. Eastman won his last fight just under a year ago but lost to a trio of Candians prior to that win.

Marcus Hicks is coming off a win against Yan Pellerin at Ringside 11 in Quebec City. Hicks, who was off for a while, came back from losing the first round to stopping Pellerin in the second. Both Hicks and Eastman will be looking for their second consecutive win.

The card, to be held June 25th the Mariner Center, will also feature the unbeaten Mike Kent. Kent is fresh off two straight wins over the previously unbeaten Alderic Keith and he will now take on Jeremiah Bernard (4-3).

Others scheduled to appear are Kurtis Higgins, Tim Skidmore, and Chris Spang.  Tickets are available at the Mariner Center box office.

27 Responses to “ It’s Eastman vs Hicks in Yarmouth ”

Stay focused, LMA. You seem to have turned the corner…

2. BigBoi says:

Yeah and there’s a large black man who hits fucking hard in front of him. I respect Marcus for wanting to step up but he’s gunna get murder death killed.

3. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Holy Big Boi MDKed. Sounds like u dont give me a chance. Guess ill have to surprise you. Thnx to HFP for the opportunity. This is another step in my progression. I like big challenges & dont feel like I worked to deserve the others. Im working hard for this. LMA by ko/tko or sub 2nd rd.

LMA Version 2.1

5. ryan farse says:

very nice

very nice!

7. BigBoi says:

Hey man, I said I was a fan after seeing you fight Farmer. I didn’t give you a hope in that fight and you proved yourself to be a warrior that night. I found out about your ‘less then awesome’ reputation after that fight but figured a guy who can throw down like that (and Farmer was on a tear at that point) has cred.

I just think Eastman is a tougher match up than anyone you’ve faced yet. Marvin may be getting older but he’s still a solid B and occasional A level fighter. Best of luck but I personally think he’s a bit much for you.

8. Jamie Locke says:

I’ve also gotta say that the Beastman is too much for LMA right now.

Marcus, you seem to be on the right track, training, dieting and fighting like you want it. I just think that Marvin is a little steep for you at this juncture.

I will be rooting for you, surprise us and take the W. It will skyrocket your cred and ensure you get another high end opponent (and paycheck) at your next contest.

9. kev says:

LMA is stepping up!! yup!!

Eastman Via KO/TKO Under 90 seconds!!

I just have a feeling. A crazy feeling.

If someone gives me good odds I think Imma lay down a $20 on Marcus.

Crazy feeling.

I hope its not just heartburn.

12. Jarvis says:

LMA will win, he is revitalized while Eastmans on his way out of the sport. He doesnt have it anymore.

13. Hank902 says:

Marcus I hope you do well but I’ve been reading the exact same posts from you for years. This time its different blah blah blah. I truely hope it is different but I’d much rather you go out and prove it instead to just saying it! Seems like you have the ability but you need to get your head into it. Here’s hoping this is your time but just do it!

Who is Skidmore fighting? A sack of dirt? Perhaps an old mop? Coletti?

15. BigBoi says:

The Sack of Dirt has moved up a weight class and the Old Mop just signed a 4 fight deal with Seafood Williams. Coletti has decided to focus on his acting career and will be auditioning to play a corpse in an upcoming Zombie movie.

16. Jarvis says:

BigBoi is a hater because he never accomplished anything in his life. Hicks is the man!

17. Home Wrecker says:

Seafood Williams is a tomato can.

That is an entire family tree of tomato cans.

18. BigBoi says:

Hey JArvis, I’m a life coach so f&%k you!

19. Jarvis says:

BigBoi, actually you are a moron. I am the life coach. You just talk about MMA like you actually know something. haha keyboard warrior

20. BigBoi says:

Oh you’re right. I f’d up again.

Sorry man, I just can’t seem to get this interwebs things working for me.

21. Zach B says:

jarvis you sure know how to make friends!!!

Seriously. All kidding aside. Tell the truth.

Is anyone on here ACTUALLY a life coach?

Ha my ex-roommate got one after he lost his big timey job with an american bank. 2 years later he’s still paying the guy and unemployed. I told him to swallow his goddamn pride, pick up a fucking tray and start waitering again, as he has a wife and a kid. This awesome advice cost him nothing.

24. Jarvis says:

Im not trying to make friends, i am speaking the truth. Hicks lays it on the line and you say negative things behind a computer.

25. Nicki says:

Marcus is stepping up BIG TIME for this fight & he has an iron jaw, he’s never been KO’d. I’m in his corner and we are a winning team together. GO MARCUS!

26. Bobby Karimi-Busheri says:

To my fans, I will be at this show. Come by and say hi and I’ll buy you a drink.