Battlefield Fight League 10 – Vernon – August 20

Date: August 20, 2011
Location: Wesbuild Center in Vernon, BC
TV:
Tickets: Ticketseller

Professional Fight Card:
Matt Baker (6-2) vs. Marcus Vinicios (5-6)

Matt Dwyer (4-3) vs. Levi Alford (1-3)
Mike Hill (2-0) vs. Nolan Clark (4-9)
Nathan Swayze (1-1) vs. Corey Tossof (1-0)
Marcus Aurelio (2-2) vs. Jose Cornejo (1-2)
Chad Belwood (0-2) vs. Dave Logan (0-8-1)
Darwin Douglas (3-3) vs. Bill Fraser (2-4)
Chris Rock  (0-0) vs. Mark Delgado (0-4)

Amateur Fight Card:
Ryan Allen (1-0) vs. Hunter Orgill (2-2)
Kyle Francotti (0-0) vs. TBA
Corey Kelborn (0-0) vs. Ryan Bachynski  (0-0)

44 Responses to “ Battlefield Fight League 10 – Vernon – August 20 ”

1. Tanner says:

Need a good lightheavyweight on this card?

2. A. Shaw says:

Is it Baker Vs Huveneers for the belt. They are scary dudes

3. damien says:

How would someone get on this show? excellent record, excellent fighter. Any contact information we can call?

4. Jarvis says:

What weight is Marcus Vinicious at on this card?

5. Jamie Locke says:

I hear Vinicious is now going to be rocking heads at 170lbs.

I personally think that’s the right weight for him.

6. Update: Bill Fraser vs Darwin Douglas

7. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

No vinicius is fighting at 185lbs,he walks at 180 or just under so 170lbs is a better weight for him. I was supposed to fight Baker but someone has made & used the excuse of my weight yet im the lightest ive ever been even the times I made 185lbs & sure in hell leaner than ive ever been. At least when ive talked sh!t in the past I fought those fights instead of making up excuses. Good luck to Vinicius. But this is how this fight goes down,V throws a cap kick or 2 Baker takes him down and uses his size on him,the end. Good luck V,I hope you pull it out.

8. Jamie Locke says:

I agree Marcus, I think I Baker will win this fight with some GNP after doging some very flashy kicks form Vinicious.

170 would be the best weight for him for sure.

I’d like to see you make 185, and maybe these promoters do as well before making a main event out of it. I bet if you took a 190 fight and made weight/ showed up dedicated, you would get the 185 main event.

9. Puck says:

What about Baker vs Drysdale or Chiappe? Or Baker vs Huveners? It would also be fun to see M. Hicks fight any of these dudes.

10. Darren Owen says:

@Puck Drysdale is at 205 and would twist almost everyone at 185 into a pretzel. He is also AFC exclusive.

11. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

Huveneers is out for 9months,him & I were gonna fight Aug.20th but he has a back injury that has him out. But I think if the new fight BFL has put together gets done people will not only like the matchup but be intrigued. As far as making weight,this is the leanest & lightest ive been in awhile,I understand people being weary of me making weight from the past. But I have now been to weighins twice in the last month & was leaner this fight than the last& am actually dieting for the first real time. 185lbs is&has always been the weight I should be fighting at,I just wasnt training or putting in the work to make it.& was trying to cut huge amounts of weight to try and make it. 185lbs is my permanent home & me not making weight isnt an excuse anymore to not fight me. Aug.20th Ill make MW rather easy,Im 7 weeks out & the closest to 185lbs ive ever been even when i made it. Im just excited to continue my progression & show alot of people what I can do @MW!

12. mike kent says:

any opening on this card ?

13. mike kent says:

any openings on this card ? need any 185ers ?

14. Jamie Locke says:

It would be crazy to have you come out West and challenge some of the crazy MW’s out here Mike. But I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a promo shipping in from that far.

Maybe come out on your own dime and you’ll get a fight guaranteed.

15. mike kent says:

yeah im really interested in making the trip out west or to montreal in the next few months to get some fights from higher caliber guys. I understand that its expensive and alot of promoters would shy away from it but i think theres some serious fights out there for me. hopefully i get a fight/opportunity soon .

16. Update: added more of the card. Added ticket link http://www.ticketseller.ca/index.php?page=ticket&event=456

17. whiskeyhouse says:

MATT BAKERS IS GONNA LIGHT IT UP!!

18. Cadin says:

Is it true that Matt Baker was invited to join Team Nogueira after a falling out with Revolution?

19. armlocks4u says:

Yeah on Bakers twitter the manager of Team Nogueira stated he was now on Team Nog fight team.

20. UPDATE: Updated the fight card.

UPDATE: Dan McIver replaces Ryan Chiappe against Marcus Hicks, reason is unknown.

22. Jamie Locke says:

I think you have Dwyer’s ammy record up there. I think this is his pro debut.

McIver vs Hicks is interesting, Dan has been out for a while.

I think Aurelio is going to destroy Cornejo, very quickly…

23. Puck says:

It seems like Chiappe tends to pull out of ALOT of fights, I wanted to see that fight too. I’m still trying to see why people are so high on Baker? If you look at the guys hes beat (with the ectception of Stewart) none have many fights at all. The last fight he had the guy was 0-1 and should’nt have been in there with him. I know I won’t be buying tickets for this show anymore….

24. […] Dan McIver (6-2) vs. Marcus Hicks (11-20) Battlefield Fight League 10 – Vernon – August 20 Good fight for the Vernon crowd! Dan McIver replaces Ryan Chiappe in this Middleweight tilt […]

25. Phil Baroni says:

Chiappe pulled out of the fight cause he has a bigger fight coming up and is no longer under contract with battlefield..thats from his facebook page and hes gonna announce the new deal soon

26. Phil Baroni says:

and no offence to the guy 0-8 but i really think its time to call it a career before you get killed and make mma look bad

27. BigBoi says:

The sport needs to start policing itself better. 0-8 should never have happened unless the guy has gone the distance in each and every fight and been competitive in the process.

Unfortunately this is not the case and this scrub has never seen the second round. In his nine fights (all of which he lost in the first round) he’s never seen the end of the first round. His longest outing was 3:20.

28. Anonymous says:

Hey Phil, here’s an interesting fact for you; Marcus Hicks went on a 8 fight losing streak. So maybe Logan’s luck is about to change?

29. mike kent says:

id be horrified to fight him . hes due for a huge win ! yeah 0-8 is a little much lol sounds like a pay check collector . or he most determined man in the world :)

30. mike kent says:

any spots for a 185er or a chubby 205er on this card lol ?

31. Mitch Clarke says:

Somebody get Mike Kent a fight!!

32. Jana says:

Any decent Manager should be able to get poor Mike a fight :)

33. mike kent says:

I just want to fight every chance I can ! And no one wants me lol :(

As for managers I think I’d stick with the one that has a stable of about 20 active succesfull fighters . Not 1 mute retired fighter who keeps his balls in his wifes saftey deposit box.

34. mike kent says:

You guys probally wouldn’t understand wanting to defend belts you’ve won and being active though jana ! Keep using steve as your hand puppet. Rob has 100 fights and is one of the more respected coaches and managers in canada . U manage your husband affairs I’m your spare time .big difference . Take after your husband and go away

35. Jana says:

Heehee, that’s right Mikey! Respected, that’s it.

36. mike kent says:

Hahahaha oh sorry maybe not in your circle of three people . What’s steve have 8 fights 9 ? Rob has 100 and coached and cornered hundreds and is one of the founders that brought mma to the maritimes and got it sanctioned ( see ECC 1 ) . Just becuase your stable of 1 retired fighter doesn’t respect rob doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t. He’s known to every promotor and promotion and respected all over canada . Your opinion on matters to one person and he quit while he’s ahead . Its to late for you tp leave with any respect but u should still leave

37. Dan chambers says:

Can’t you just feel the love….. Ha ha ha

38. Jamie Locke says:

Mike Kent vs Jana Rogers may be the biggest grudge in Canadian MMA right now….

Gotta go with Kent on this, Rob is the real deal.

40. mike kent says:

mike kent vs. jana the vantrilliquist in the first uni-sex open weight contest … that probally has a better chance of happening then any of the other fights ive been asking for lol

i actually dont have a huge grudge with jana or steve. i just dont agree with 100 % of the things she says and dont understand why someone who should be cheering on there husband from the stands tries to have such a huge part in canadian MMA when her and her husband have done so little.
    To insult a fighter / coach / and manager like Rob Walker shows how little knowledge she actually has about canadian MMA . without Rob walker and peter Martell getting MMA sanctioned in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick steve never would have won the belt that hes horrified to defend .

Wow…. Battlefield’s most recent status on Facebook:

“Battlefield Fight League is Proud to annouce that Marcus “THE CLOWN” Hicks will no longer be participatying in any Mixed Martial Arts fights in the Province of British Columbia. Battlefield Fight League will not be responding to any further comments from “THE CLOWN”. Battlefield Fight League is a MMA promotion, not a circus therefore mr. Hicks will not be participating in any of our upcoming events.”

…so I guess Hicks/McIver is off! lol

42. Jamie Locke says:

I read that the othwer day. I wonder what the beef was. Hicks was saying on another thread that there was some issues with them wanting him to weigh in to check weight and he didn’t have a contract.

Also just read that Chiappe will be fighting on the next MFC card, I thought he was under contract with BFL? I like that he’s going to be stepping up his competition in the MFC, but there seems to be more and more people jumping off of contracts in Canada. I’m concerned of what’s this is all about.

is this on ppv somewhere?

44. Edmonton MMA says:

wow, this is a classy situation