MMA Live Quick Results from London – Ford Tops Parisyan

Top MMA News‘ Don Wilson is cageside at MMA Live Promotions first event in London, Ontario.   Here are the quick results:   Please refresh to get the latest fight updates and come back tomorrow for a written play by play of each fight and pictures from the event.

Ryan Ford defeats Karo Parisyan by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) in Round 3, 1:26
Marcus Aurelio submits Matt MacGrath by Arm Bar in Round 1, 3:38
Jason Saggo submits Derek Boyle by Rear Naked Choke in Round 3, 2:18
Chucky Mady submits James Haourt by Arm Bar in Round 1, 2:22
Allan Wilson submits Theo Toney by Rear Naked Choke in Round 2, 3:25
Bo Harris defeats Brent Franczuz by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
Lyndon Whitlock submits Daniel Langbeen by Triangle in Round 1, 2:17
_________________________________________

50 Responses to “ MMA Live Quick Results from London – Ford Tops Parisyan ”

UPDATES!

Whitlock won

Harris won

4. Live updates now. Sorry about that. I was buying a used ladder and waited 30 mins. Bastard never showed up at the meeting spot.

GOD DAMNIT! Didn’t he know you had to do live results!

I heard Chuck Mady said “Suck it Quinn” afterwards.

(not really, but woulda been funny) lol

7. Big Win says:

Trying to start stuff again BKB… Lol I’d love to see that fight :)

That’s why you always buy ladders new… used ladder salesman are always pretty unpredictable!

I think the ladder guy was from Phoenix, said there was a deal but then backed out. Just to mess with your feelings.

Big Win, are you confirming this happened or not? LOL

Hahaha… Awesome Bobby, I hear Atlanta has decent ladders too, maybe try there next time!

HAHAHA!

I heard the Atlanta ladder sales guys don’t even use their ladders, but still won’t sell to guys from Winnipeg that want to buy ladders.

Holy Shit, I guess Keith got a ladder from a dude in Atlanta!

14. Dean Panas says:

Is anyone watching the live feed for the show?

15. Haha only on TMN can a live update post turn into a ladder sales/hockey post!

16. Brando says:

Didn’t know there was one. Where can I find that at Dean?

17. . says:

Thrashers just sold to Winnipeg!

It really is crazy that Winnipeg is back in the NHL, awesome for Winnipeg (obviously), Canada, and hockey in general!

19. Mike Davis says:

Chucky wins 4 of his 5 fights by sub that is interesting

20. Dean Panas says:

I can’t find it. That’s why I’m asking. I read about a website but don’t want to post that site on here without Keith’s approval.

beatdown.ca will be showing the Ryan Ford fight but not until 9pm

22. No live feed. Karo is judoing Ford by all accounts.

23. Big Win give Round 1 10-9 Judo Karo

24. Round 2 Karo

25. Karo eats a huge knee. Blood everywhere. Could be stopped.

Wow… come from behind for Ford, can’t wait to watch the fight!

27. Gunner says:

Gret win for Ford sounds like Karo was really standing his groud until the stoppage. I just won by Doc stoppage but i will still be the first in line to say i hate seeing fights stopped by doctors, i understand the safety is primary but it is always nice to see a fight end in one fighter or the other overcoming or making the other break, not someone breaking the fighters ability to fight on. Sounds like it was a great fight though and look forward to seeing it or hearing the play by play at least.

28. BigBoi says:

Agree with Gunner, a doctor’s stoppage is a shitty way for a fight to end especially if you’ve been on the receiving end of a beating up until the tides turned.

Then again this is the fight game.

29. Mike Davis says:

congrats to Ford

i am curious how they did attendance-wise.

31. Tim says:

Wow ,, Ford is the real deal….

I heard 2300 paid but looked like more. Great main event congrats to all the fighters.

33. papagaio says:

how did the venue look? With only 3000 in attendance, did they close off the top bowl or was it setup like the RBC theatre?

i spent 10 years in london. the jlc is a great venue.

34. If you go to the older posts on Ford’s facebook page, you can see some lower quality vids of the fight from his corner.

35. Sucks that Beatdown didn’t come through… just saw a post, no video though.

They curtained off the top so it looked pretty good. not packed but looked pretty good.

The mood was odd until the main event. The crowd was subdued.

Great reaction in the main event tho cuz those 2 guys combined for a great fight.

37. BEEFSTORM says:

@ gunner I am so happy the doctor stops fights cause a real fighter would die in the ring!!! Protect the fighter from themselves and give them an option to fight again!! Just my 2 cents and prob not worth that even!! Congrats to ford can’t wait to see the hinchcliffe fight!!! ALL BEEF!!! ALL DAY!!!

Just thinkin about the crowd and their energy levels. It was kinda the same thing at casinorama.
    In Edmonton or Montreal, the crowd knows the young fighters and has a vested interest in them.
    In Ontario, the new crowds don’t know many people outside the UFC. That’s a big part of it.

39. No doubt Robin. Few locals too. Haourt the only one that I know of.

sounds like Ford was the big crowd favorite.

40. joe says:

Or could be that none of the fighters were local and therefore the crowd just didn;t care. There was one 2-5 Adrenaline fighter on the card….is it just me or is that a HUGE oversight. The best gym in the country in the city and they don’t use them…..idiotic. I thought the event was somewhat of a joke, 7 fights very few locals, on;ly one good fight. I call BULLSHIT!! What happened to 9000 fans and the biggest event outside of the UFC…complete rip off!!! I hope another Promotion comesin and does it right. This show sucked!!! Definitely not worth the $180 bucks I paid for tix…never again will I buy tickets for a MMA LIVE event, complete rip off!!!

41. in the know says:

go watch tennis then (LOSER)!!!

42. Disregard Joe. He must have a beef with Jones Entertainment Group.

Before Joe was bitching that Karo would not show up. I see Joe never admitted he was wrong about that. It sounded like a good Karo showed up as well.

43. i_love_beans says:

I dunno about it being a good Karo KG, only time will tell I guess. Ford IMO still has only fought 1 truly world class competitor, that being Lima. So either he beat a good Karo, or Karo is still nowhere near what he used to be, and cant even beat a middle of the road fighter. I like Ford, he’s an immense talent, a great draw, could be an amazing ambassador for the sport if he wanted to be. But I just don’t feel he’s quite in the upper tier of fighters, and not on the level of UFC fighters. merely my opinion, and I could be wrong, it has happened once before.

Joe makes a fair point about pricing. The price has to match the card and it didn’t.

I thought it was decent (the young fighters were great and congrats to all) but not amazing. But then the main event made it worth it.

You get what you pay for. If anyone is wondering why you pay more to bring in proven high level name fighters then Karo-Ford gave you your answer.

45. Sure. Karo is still not Karo from 2 years ago. Even cleaned up, his confidence is not the same.

However, this is a big win. Ford beating Parisyan is better for the resume than Rory beating Mike Guymon or Pierson beating Matt Riddle in the UFC.

Parisyan was awesome man he came to fight.

47. joe says:

Karo did show up and he did well, the only beef I have with MMALIVE is that they ripped me off for 2$160 tickets and I wanted to see a good show. I don’t get to watch many live mma events and thats a lot of money for me, I work hard for my money

48. Craig S says:

I’m with Joe on the pricing. I was at the event and it definately wasn’t worth it. I bought tickets early before the card was released but couldnt return them or get rid of them. The guys around me were complaining of the same thing and a few people left half way through.

49. chris clements says:

I thought the event was really lacking energy. A few reasons… The main one being no Local fighters. Yes they had James Hoaurt but he didn’t know he was fighting till this week so he couldn’t bring in any on his friends fans and family.
    Another reason I think is that it was too dark in the venue they needed to spice it up a bit. They needed some coloured lights like ringside Does with there red lighting. Couldn’t really tell I was in the jlc. Just was a dark cold feeling space with a cage in the middle with a light over it
    All the fighters performed well but it was hard to see the cage where I was and the screen was half blocked by some metal rafters. London definitely has the potential to host great events.