CEMMA Postponed

Top MMA News has learned that the May 28th Canadian Extreme Mixed Martial Arts (CEMMA) show has been postponed. Many managers with fighters on the card were being told that the May 28th date may not happen and now its official.

The Ontario Athletic Commission’s Richard Hustwick confirmed the news with the following statement,

The Office of the Athletics Commissioner (OAC) can confirm that Canadian Extreme Mixed Martial Arts (CEMMA) has requested the postponement of its MMA event scheduled for May 28th in Brampton, Ontario. The OAC is in discussions with CEMMA on a possible alternative date.

Top MMA News believes this is good news for CEMMA.  The promotion did not appear ready for its May 28th date and now will have chance to regroup and reorganize to be well prepared for a future date.

9 Responses to “ CEMMA Postponed ”

1. Sean McManus says:

good news…there was a lot up in the air up to this point…

2. Jeff says:

Dave Mair’s first official kill. Let’s keep a body count.

I’m starting to feel like we’ve been hard enough on Mair.

Yes, the guy was a bit too gung ho and had a “we’re taking over this fucking business” attitude even tho he didn’t have a clue. And that attitude coupled with no experience whatsoever did a lot of damage in a short time.

But maybe he’ll slow it down and learn as he goes and contribute positively in the future.

It’s great to call guys out if you truly think their actions are harmful, and myself and a few others did that here.

Maybe time to let it go now and give the guy an opportunity to try to do some positive things and even out the scales.

I think I’m gonna. Best of luck to him goin forward.

Having said that I think its good if people be watch dogs and call people out for doing harm.
    If I fuck up I want people going after me too to the fighters and the sport.

But time to think positive now.

5. I think a group of people were unprepared to run a show. Not the fault of anyone in particular.

6. EPerez says:

I think people who run shows should be prepared to run these shows well and be prepared to take heat and answer questions when shit like this happens. Youre messing with fighter’s fkn careers here, not to mention their bank accounts.

Guys like this, should maybe learn a little more about what has to be done before he realizes what he’s gotten himself and everyone else into requires a lot more work then what he thought or is capable of doing.

7. brian says:

What its the 1st show and they cancelled already. Dave Mair must be trying to get involved thats why its failing .

8. well said Eric Perez.

If they are ready to bask in the glory of the success of the show, you need to be ready to speak for any setbacks.

Thankfully you don’t have to worry bout this stuff happening :)

Perez isn’t just a pretty face and a nice punch. He’s got some o the brains too.