Canadian Rumour Mill – May 2
How is everyone this week? I am still getting hot flashes from UFC 129 as its tough on a girl like me seeing GSP with his shirt off for five rounds. I need to go watch the new Fast and Furious, Vin Diesel and The Rock in the same movie, YUMMY. Who wants to take me?
Here are my rumours.
- So I dunno how many times I’ve ragged on Cage Fighting Manitoba, but give me a break. 11 days to go and STILL NO CARD INFO! Is this show even happening?!?
- Armageddon FC – how about Starnes vs UFC vet John Salter for the MW title?
- Arguably Alberta’s top Light Heavyweight prospect, Tim Chemelli will face Misha Cirkunov in Hamilton on the Slammer in the Hammer show.
- You’d be stunned by some of the names I’ve heard some of the “Near Top Ten” or “Top Ten” have turned down as dangerous or bad fights.
- Ontario fans are unfortunately gonna miss out on a potentially super exciting fight at Pro Fighting Championships… Baroni vs Clements fell through, damn!
- So when’s Aggression gonna announce some fights, MFC has announced nearly their full card and not much from Aggression.
- Never mind fights, when are they officially announcing a date? Some were saying June 24, another web site said the 18th, Nick Hinchliffe was thinking the 17th, and Top MMA News has always said the 10th.
- Speaking of Maximum Fighting, it looks like Richie Whitson is off the card due to injury.
- Medicine Hat is getting their own Combat Commission. The Medicine Hat Combative Sports Commission will be created prior to Hard Knocks on May 27th.
- Showtime is really not helping his rep! Wedderburn calls up WRECK and jumps off the card to take another offer, then his new opponent decides Showtime is too unreliable and unprofessional and his team decides to reject the fight. Now Mr. Wedderburn is left with no fight and comes crawling back to WRECK seeking a fight. If that’s not good enough, I now hear that Wedderburn is fielding an offer from a show and may still bail on WRECK. What a piece of work Markhaille Wedderburn is, shame on him, he’s BAD FOR THE SPORT!!! WRECK please don’t use this guy!
- Who are the managers Mark Pavelich is ripping on? Who’s BB?
- UFC Edmonton? Dana White said that they wanna go to Edmonton. Nice! How about Jimmo and Mein on the card?
- Hearing rumblings about an Ontario matchmaker who is stealing fighters from managers he works with, creating back room fight approval committees, and even telling promotions that they must use him if they want to run shows in Ontario. Ontario is the MMA wild west, so watch out for the guys wearing black hats!
- Kyle Cardinal has started a MMA gym. Previously, he used to be BJJ only
NOTE: These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen. If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email firstname.lastname@example.org.