MFC 30 – Edmonton – June 10

Date: June 10, 2011
Location: Mayfield Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta
TV: HD Net
Tickets: 780.504.2024

Main Card:
Drew Fickett (41-13) vs. Brian Cobb (18-6)

Marcus Davis (18-8) vs. Pete Spratt (22-19)
Thomas Denny (27-18-1) vs. Sheldon Westcott (4-1-1)
Curtis Demarce (10-9) vs. Robert Washington (9-3)
Jamie Toney (14-6) vs. Dhiego Lima (5-0)
Andreas Spang (5-1) vs. Cody Krahn (10-3)

Preliminary Card:
Garret Nybakken (2-2) vs. Jevon Marshall (1-2)
Mukai Maromo (4-2) vs. Scott Cleve (4-0)

* unconfirmed by promotion

40 Responses to “ MFC 30 – Edmonton – June 10 ”

1. chris pye says:

TERRIBLE VENUE

2. Jamie Locke says:

I’m really hoping Demarce can get this W and keep himself on the main card. He’s always exciting, no fear, brings it everytime.

Demarce round 1 KO!

3. Jarrod@WSM says:

I agree, I think Curtis’s speed will overwhelm Washington. I predict Rd 1 KO for my boy Demarce

4. Awesome Head says:

Look for Whitson to upset Davis. Richie was injured when he fought Demarce and he still pulled out a win… Imagine him at 100 percent and ready top stomp Davis for all of his trash talk!

I wouldn’t say Whitson over Davis would be an upset.

Most definitely would be an upset!

7. Added Mukai Maromo as per Mukai and Mark Pavelich on Facebook. Last fight on the undercard.

8. Let’s see Mukai Maromo vs David Letourneau at 155 on the MFC 30 undercard.

Letourneau is 1-0 in MFC and I hear he is looking to move down in weight. He put on a great fight last time he was at MFC.

9. Ooooh… nice call Keith!

That’s a great fight Keith. Dave Letourneau is tough-as-nails and can not be broken. Great test.

Great fight Keith.

Mark, let’s make it happen!

11. John Poladecusinski says:

I predict a victory for Fickett via submission and for a victory for Whitson via TKO. The MFC lightweight division is pretty stacked, I look forward to June 10th!

12. Demarce/Washington confirmed, added Spang/Krahn.

13. Removed Whitson – injured.

14. David Letourneau says:

Tyrone glover vs Davis, would be good preceded by Mukai vs that Letourneau guy they mentioned earlier, that seems like a fight of the night

UPDATE: Added Garret Nybakken vs. Jevon Marshall

UPDATE: Pete Spratt steps in to take on Marcus Davis.

OH MAN!!! Crazy fight!

It’s a rematch from UFC 69 when Davis submitted Spratt with an Achilles lock!

19. Mike Davis says:

so Franca still fighting for title I assume.

UPDATE: Added Jason Kuchera vs. Elliot Duff and Danny Valimaki vs. TBA

Spratt Davis is crazy fight.

22. Update: Added Scott Cleve as Mukai Maromo’s opponent.

23. Update: Franca off as per MFC press release.

24. David Letourneau says:

Any word on who hermes replacement is going to be?

I am looking forward to seeing scott cleve fight, excellent wrestler with great cardio and will to win. mukai is going to end up on his back

25. Mike Davis says:

I heard rumors of Mckee and Varner as replacements

26. Jarvis says:

One thing i never understood about Mark Pavelich is why he does not sign UFC and IFL vet Mike Ciesnolevicz who has ties to MFS Canada and Bowmans. Always has been a figure in Dwayne Lewis corner at MFC events. Mike C would wreck some ppl in the MFC 205 division. I would put money on him to take Jimmos belt.

27. furious says:

robin black should come out of retirement so i can wax that ass

He’s got a girlfriend, furious. I know that’s hard to believe but it’s true.
    And i believe shaves his ass anyways….

29. LMA Marcus Hicks says:

C.Demarce will get back on track and get a big win after 2 straight split decision losses. Good luck Curtis,fight ur gameplan not his like u ALWAYS do.lol love u little homie.

30. Meh FC says:

Looks like Heat XC is still alive. same crappy venue, same crappy card.

feel bad for marcus davis.

hey furious my man I’ll consider it

ass is all clean shaven however so sorry

32. Big Jake says:

Mike C. and Mark have had that conversation from what I recall. Mike is currently at heavyweight and although he wouldn’t have a problem making 205, I think he wants to take a few more tune up fights before going super hard again. He had some time off and will be taking his second fight on the next Prestige card.

There’s not a lot of depth in the HW ranks of MFC and Mark gets pretty frustrated with the lack of action they usually put on. I agree with that 100%. I love watching ACTIVE heavyweights or ones that have superior grappling…something Mike C. has. He’s a brilliant ground guy and actually makes it exciting. I think Mike fighting at 205 is dangerous for any opponent he faces!

33. Big Jake says:

And put my boy Letourneau against anyone out there…and I’ll have money on Letourneau. Some of the most vicious kicks and ground and pound in the game. He’s going to reinvent the 155 division.

34. Busted Nut says:

Letourneau vs mukai big jake?

35. phd says:

Removed — Kuchera vs Duff

36. Update: removed Kuchera vs Duff – confirmed Kuchera is injured.

37. Jarvis says:

Big Jake, dont act all high and mighty like you even know Mike C. I met that guy before.

38. Sandy Bowman says:

Big Jake is actually good friend of mine and Mike Ciesnevicz. And Jake is generally bang on. If he didn’t know he wouldn’t say ;)