Score Fighting Series – Mississauga – June 10

Date: June 10, 2011
Location: Hershey Centre in Mississauga, Ontario
TV: The Score
Tickets: Click to buy tickets.

Jordan Mein (21-7) vs. Marius Zaromskis (14-5)
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (11-8) vs. Roy Boughton (5-1)
Joe Doerksen (46-15) vs. Luigi Fioravanti (22-9)
Antonio Carvalho (12-4) vs. Douglas Evans (13-8)
Adrian Wooley (7-1) vs. Nick Mamalis (16-7)
Jorge Britto (12-7-1) vs Kurt Southern (8-3)
William Romero (5-2) vs. Tristan Johnson (5-2)
Josh Hill (5-0) vs. Darin Cooley (3-0)*
Denis Puric (3-1) vs. Syd Barnier (2-3)
Tyler Hardcastle (1-0) vs. Mike Reilly (1-0)
Alex Ricci (1-0) vs. Mike Sledzion (2-0)

*unconfirmed by the promotion

143 Responses to “ Score Fighting Series – Mississauga – June 10 ”

1. justsayin says:

Just a thought, maybe this was meant to be. How about Josh Hill vs. Nick Denis?

2. A great fight for us fans, but Denis is close to a UFC call up. He needs that top level win over a guy like Dietz to get there. My guess is he waits for that (if he can afford to wait).

3. justsayin says:

Good point Keith. I would love nothing better than to see Nick in the UFC but he needs to get a win ASAP to be on the radar. With no fights in 2011 and in 2010 his only fight, a loss to Yuji Hoshino this opportunity would make sense. Activity is the key.

4. Tyler Hardcastle says:

I for one would love to see that fight!

5. justsayin says:

Josh Hill (5-0) vs. TBA

The clock keeps ticking, any rumours yet?

6. Trent says:

Man this card keeps getting better and better! sweet i only wish i was in Ontario to watch it! MMA in Canada just keeps getting better and better! Cheers

BIG NEWS

8. justsayin says:

Awesome, good job!!

9. thai one on says:

Watch cool videos on Antonio Carvalho, Adrian Wooley, Jorge Britto and Jordan Mein. http://video.thescore.com/channels/score-fighting-series

10. Busted Nut says:

This will be an excellent card, good opportunity for desilet, cant wait to hear the outcomes with him, el dirte and mein.

Is denis planing on staying more active this year?

11. Update: Desilets is out.

12. jugz says:

heard denis is out vs hill??? any confirmation

13. Jugz….this is your confirmation.

UPDATE: Denis vs Hill is off. Denis is off the card.

14. justsayin says:

Any word on why or what happened?

15. Sean Quinn says:

Sucks that fight is off, but the card is still stacked.

what happened?

Nick injured in training and devastated about it :(

I hear Alex is close on another replacement for Josh which is great news

19. TravisHalmrast says:

Are they airing the card live on the score?

20. Jeff says:

Live on TheScore.com

Josh Hill (5-0) vs. Darin Cooley (3-0)

Cooley is a Caesar Gracie guy.

22. Jeff says:

I’ll have to do a Score Fighting Series/MFC split screen on Friday Night.

23. TravisHalmrast says:

True that. My cable company does not have HDNet! do they have a feed online as well?

24. justsayin says:

Josh Hill (5-0) vs. Darin Cooley (3-0)against 3 opponents with 0-0 records now 0-1. Wow, Impressive!

25. alin says:

justsayin I don’t know why you hating on my Team coz we always respect everybody…but just so you know haw things work: we say yes to fight Roland and he has his reasons to pull out of the fight, then we say yes to Nick Deni and then he has his reasons to pull out, we also went thru a list of top 5 fighters listed on this weeb site ranking but the match maker could not get a fighter to fight Josh,I am not saying that the fighters are afraid to fight Josh but the short notice and injuries play a big factor in there decision, one more time all the respect for Roland, Nick and all the fighters at 135 lbs in the country. The way this stuff works: the match maker calls me and ask me if we take this fighter or that fighter and 90 procent of the time I say yes, so this is why Josh will fight Cooley…all my respect to Darin for taking the fight and give my fighter the chance to step in the cage on Friday. Now you saying that a Cesar Grace fighter that is 3 and 0 is not worthy its an insult to the sport period!

26. Sean McManus says:

Never underestimate a Cesar Gracie trained fighter. Simply because his record shows he fought 0-0 guys who are now 0-1 means nothing. How many solid fighters have started with a loss? Mein, Burkmann, Quenneville, Loiseau, Chambers, etc, etc. Finding an opponent on shorter notice is not an easy task – cudos to Alex, Alin, Hill and Cooley for stepping up.

27. We have short memories in MMA, let’s remember an unknown Cesar Gracie fighter named Roy Boughton took a short notice fight in W1 against Misha Cirkunov and gave Misha his first loss.

28. BigBoi says:

Menjivar was 4-0 when he was given his first loss by an unknown 0-0 fighter.

Just sayin’

29. Big Jake says:

I think there are a lot of misconceptions and rumors that fly around about camps and fighters turning down matches. I know I’m guilty of listening to them and passing judgment. I did with Hill and it looks like he’s stepped up to the plate on just about everyone offered to him. He took the Denis fight which I didn’t think he’d do. So I have respect for Josh, Alin and their Team. I know Alex looked high and low for a replacement and it’s not hard to do.

I personally offered that fight to A LOT of people here in the States and in Canada and the majority turned it down.

30. Big Jake says:

*Type – I meant that it’s hard to do. Not it’s not hard to do.

31. justsayin says:

Wow what a reaction! I guess this is a good match up! Time will tell.

32. Remz says:

I lost Roland when he was 3-0. Everyone though I would beat him… I hope Josh takes this guy seriously. We don’t know who he is but that might all change… best of luck to both guys… This card is crazy. Watch out for a highlight finish from Syd. I trained with him last week. The guy has evolved in the last 3 years. Just watch and don’t blink. That fight will probably be fight of the night…

33. Mike Davis says:

Cooley vs Hill could be a great fight, here is a question…..when have you seen a Cesar Gracie fighter not come to fight or go out there to win it. Never seen 1 push over out of that gym and I expect this.

34. Mike Davis says:

finding a short notice replacement for such good fighters is a pain in the ass I am sure.

35. Dean Panas says:

Alin’s guys will step up to fight!! If you represent him and his team, you will be ready to fight and will always show respect to your opponent and the sport. He’s a great leader and mentor, it shows in his students. Some need to get back to him.

36. justsayin says:

Alin just to clarify things I do not hate on your team and never have.

Just because I take into account who a fighter has previously fought and how that relates to his Win/Loss record, and then make a judgment on how much merit his Win/Loss actually has, does not mean that I do not respect that Fighter or his Team.

It just means that maybe the Win/Loss record just does not reflect the Fighters true ability in comparison to others.

As for respect for a Caesar Gracie Fighter I have the same respect for their organization as any other. It all comes down to the fighter and what he has accomplished in his career.

It might give him an advantage but it certainly does not guaranty a greater ability.

37. Well I am just saying says:

Hill wants the best. Asks for the best. Wants to fight in his home province for the first time. Then after two of the top 5 Canadian fighters drop out, he gets a take it or leave it fight. Like any great fighter, he takes it.

Just Saying……

38. “Well I am just saying” gets my post of the day nomination.

“I would hate to think that just because of where a fighter trains makes him any better than the next.”

Hate to break it to you my friend but where you train and who you train with/under makes a MASSIVE difference.

And the Caesar Gracie guys fight hard. Very hard.

Great fight. And Josh gets a chance to perform close to home. Everyone wins.

40. creek says:

josh hill will dominate tomorrow night… the kid is unreal, so fast and athletic… he is scary good!

41. Jamie Locke says:

Anyone watching this online right now? Mine is having mad problems…

42. Chase Degenhardt says:

Ya Jamie this is the shittiest live stream ever

43. Adam Lorenz says:

I just turned it on and I think it is completely down.