MacGrath Talks Amasinger Win, Ford, MacDonald

Top MMA News‘ Don Wilson talks with Matt MacGrath about his victory over Dean Amasinger at MMA: The Reckoning. MacGrath calls out top Canadian Welterweights Cory MacDonald and Ryan Ford and hints at the location of his next bout.

22 Responses to “ MacGrath Talks Amasinger Win, Ford, MacDonald ”

1. Evan Blakely says:

sick interview Matt, hopefully you get the Ford fight buddy!!

2. Jeremy says:

awesome interview Matt

3. BigBoi says:

This fight makes sense although its high risk for both of them.

Great interview.
    Big Win with great presence and questions, MacGrath with some great comments and candid.

Nice work Matt.

Yep, we’re workin on him fighting Carles in May, and he’s got a contract for something in July as well….

Great dude. Tough as hell.

6. Jamie Locke says:

I’m with Bobby here, great interview. I hope to see more MacGrath real soon!

7. Ryan Ford says:

Well I think they should work out him fighting me May 19th if the Karo fight don’t happen since he called me out and has been waiting to fight me for a long time coming lol first Iv’e heard of this. or will people talk shit about me taking this fight??? lol

Hey Ryan. I will definitely work on it for you guys. I’ll talk to the London people for ya. If Karo doesn’t happen I’m sure they’ll do this.

It’ll be great to have you in Ontario.

I think its a supervalid fight and anyone who talks shit about this one is nuts.

9. Ryan… I would rather see you fight a Karo, Burkman, Riggs, Alessio, etc… but you and MacGrath would be a good fight.

As for haters, take them as a sign that you doing something successful. Once I started getting hate mail at Top MMA News, I knew we were getting successful. It still bothers me, but you got to keep on doing what you do.

Keith, if hate is a sign that you’re doing something successful then things must be goin pretty sweet for me.

11. Ryan Ford says:

HATERS are my number one FANS thats why I shout them out all the time!! I would like to fight any of those fighters too but I have a thing for people who speak my name and Really like to show them what Im about.

Robin that would cool to get on them about it and I will give Dave a call today as well.

Just spoke to the show. Fight is in the works as we speak dependent on the Karo situation.

This is cool, we’re reporting on it here in real time.

Either way, it’ll be real cool having Ryan fight in Ontario.

And its a challenge Matt asked for, and Ryan is happy to oblige.

13. Bc says:

I’m with Keith I’d much rather see any of those fights he listed and most fans besides super hardcore mma fans like black would agree. This fight between matt n Ryan would be low on my list too watch I hope karo works out!

14. Bc says:

I also think this fight is much more high risk for ford not that he cares about that I’m sure. But maybe I think that because I’m from the west.

15. Smiles says:

As MacDonald’s management I can fully clarify that we have never been asked to entertain a fight with MacGrath, so not sure where MacGrath received his information however it was not from his management or camp.

MacDonald is signed to MMA Live and is focused on the confirmed fight in front of him.

Personally, I think MacGrath/Ford would be a great Canadian match-up, as they are two Canadian welterweights that have yet to fight and am sure Ontario MMA fans would love to see it on the May card.

Sorry, honest disclosure here, Matt heard that from me.

When I heard Cory was looking for an opponent, I offered Matt.
    The people from the show told me that “No Matt’s too tough Cory’s people want a much lower level guy for him”.

I guess I just passed that on to Matt.

Really, in retrospect, IMO that isn’t really our business and I’m sorry that got passed around.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to be outta line.

I will be more careful in the future.

18. Smiles says:

Thanks for the clarification Robin, not sure what the promotions motive for saying that was but thats behind us now, and the MMA Live show is something, for many of us to definitely look forward to.
    Hope all works out for your guys on the card.

Thanks! You too! :)

20. ruckus780 says:

I am not trying to dissrespect nobody but honestly dont believe that macgrath is not and will never be on the same level as ford or mein i think macdonald would run him in a rematch magilvary I really think theres countless canadian 170 ers that would give him fits,,And to me him calling out Ryan Ford is kinda like Sky lo lo calling out andre the giant, Or a toy poodle attacking a Lion,,one again attack as you may just my opinion,,,,Hey rempel my boy said you wanted my old landlords number,,,They sold that house,,,

21. cory macdonald says:

This is the first I have heard about this. I was on that card for about a week. I asked for them to bring in a name opponent and when I realized that they did not budget for this I removed myself from the card and was lucky enough to sign with MMA Live and they have been great and have signed a UFC vet for me to fight. I am looking forward to putting on a good show and fighting many big names this year.

Cool… thanks Ruckus!