Canadian Rumour Mill: April 4

Good Monday to all!

Well I got spanked by Ken Kupsch last week, ouch! Sorry Ken, my apologies on getting that one wrong. I had a couple of what I thought were good sources, guess I/they were wrong. My apologies. I looked like an April fool.

By the way, MMA Hottie and Personality Erin McDougall mentioned me on her blog :) YAY! (She mentioned how she’s not me, denial? lol)

On to this week’s rumours.

• Louis Philippe Carle did not fight on last weekend’s MMA: The Reckoning show. Injury or different offer? Also Anna Barone is jumping on and off some cards. WRECK, The Reckoning, MMA Live… makes you wonder.
  • As discussed on Top MMA News, Ford vs MacGrath or Parisyan.
  • This isn’t a rumour or gossip, but I was really disappointed in Yabushita. It looked like she totally didn’t belong in the same cage as Kaufman. She looked like she had no training, let alone 14 years worth.
  • More weird Ontario stuff. I hear Clements vs Parisyan was supposedly rejected.
  • AFC 6 “Conviction” will have the returns of both Kalib Starnes and Robert Drysdale.
  • MFC is looking at having 145lbs fighters compete on their shows in 2011.
  • So after the THROWDOWN IN Y-TOWN card was announced in Yarmouth, two other shows approached the venue/commission to setup events. Supposedly, one even tried to steal the date.
  • Not sure if they’re retired or not, but a fight I’d like to see on a Ringside show is Yan Pellerin vs Ricardeau Francois. I’m not sure really why I want that fight, but I do. :)
  • Look for former MFC and TFC Light Heavyweight Champion as well as UFC and M-1 vet Victor “The Matrix Finisher” Valimaki to return to action around mid year.

NOTE:  These are just rumors and opinions of the Gossip Queen.  If you have a rumour that you want to contribute, email gossipqueen@topmmanews.com.

Join the forum discussion on this post

16 Responses to “ Canadian Rumour Mill: April 4 ”

1. Chris Clements says:

I didn’t reject that fight I don’t kniw wjat happened. They told me he was in, then they said Karo was out, them he was back in, then my contract comes without his name on it… So we ask why no Karo on the contract and they don’t give us an amswer. I live in london… Would of been smart for them to get me on that card

Ya woulda been an awesome fight! Too bad.

Chris I think what she may be saying is that it was rejected by the commission… am I right Gossip Queen?

Yea, it’s not saying Chris rejected the fight, it’s saying the commission or someone seems to have rejected the fight.

5. BigBoi says:

Bobby is Gossip Queen?!? WTF!!!

6. No. Bobby is the Burger King not the Gossip Queen.

7. Smiles says:

Hey Gossip Queen, here’s the straight goods for ya :)

Louis Philippe Carle was off of April 2nd’s card with an injury and not a different offer.

As for me, I did not jump of the Wreck card at all that was the promotions call, as I was ready and willing to fight, regarding the Reckoning – I was never on the card, so hard to jump off that one. And as for MMA Live – well yes I am now signed to fight for them.

Thanks for the mention :o)

LOL,
    First I’m a bit too busy to be the Gossip Queen. All I did was try to help clarify something as it seemed like Chris Clements was under the assumption that it looked like he turned down the Karo fight.
    Second, I’m not a big fan of Burger King, whenever I eat it it makes me sick.

9. BigBoi says:

BigBoi’s Rumors and stuff for April:

1. Bobby Kalmankoff will fight again and lose.

2. Ryan Ford will try for a solid opponent but will be matched up with another underweighted/underskilled opponent. Though it won’t be his fault the detractors will be out in force.

3. Roger Hollet may or may not be training somewhere south of the boarder. Desleits is in a lot of trouble.

4. Dr. GumShoe Seafood Williams does another worked MMA match.

5. New Promotion in Nova Scotia makes waves (more news at 11.)

Big Boi is Gossip Queen? WTF?!?!

11. HERC says:

Is Anna managing Cory McDonald too? Any other fighters? Hopefully these two guys can start competing again.

Anyone know if there’s gonna be any title fights at AFC 6?

13. BigBoi says:

Bobby, you should see me in a pushup bra.

14. Jamie Locke says:

I’m pretty sure Starnes will be defending his title again at AFC 6, not sure who it will be stepping up though.

I think AFC will get some other titles going here soon as well. They have enough going to get a WW strap on the line.

15. CR says:

MAD is the Gossip Queen, he didn’t go to TFN

16. Harmed says:

Need more rumours from Slammer, Score, and London.