Jon Jones, Parisyan Heading to London for MMA Live 1

By:

Nick Denis is scheduled to appear on the card.

MMA Live 1 is shaping up to be a fantastic event on May 19. Top MMA News has learned that London, Ontario’s first MMA event is stacking up very high level talent to fight or appear on the card including UFC Light-Heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones.

Jon “Bones” Jones has signed on to be a special guest and his appearance will help usher in the the first ever MMA event in London. No doubt fans are going to want to meet Jones, who is one of the more popular fighters on the planet and coming off a dominant win over Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

Also scheduled to appear, if they pass the Ontario Athletic Commission’s stringent approval process, are the following UFC/WEC vets:

  • Karo Parisyan
  • Marcus Aurelio
  • Kyle Dietz

Karo Parisyan (19-6 1 NC) has racked up an 8-4 record  (1 No Contest) in the UFC and has beaten a Who’s Who of fighters including: Nick Diaz, Matt Serra, Josh Burkman, and Chris Lytle.  Last losing to Dennis Hallman at UFC 123, Parisyan will look to get back to his winning ways in London, Ontario.

Marcus “Maximus” Aurelio (20-9) will head to MMA Live to face Kingston, Ontario’s Cory MacDonald (12-2).  Aurelio, 2-4 in the UFC, has beaten combatants like Rich Clementi, Takanori Gomi, and Luke Caudillo and last fought Shinya Aoki in DREAM.  Aurelio’s opponent, Cory MacDonald, was previously ranked as a Top 10 Canadian Welterweight until taking a year off from fighting.  MacDonald, currently on a seven fight win streak, will be facing one of the toughest challenges in his career.

Kyle Dietz (5-2) versus Canada’s Nick Denis (9-2) was previously announced by Top MMA News (read here).  Since that time, the site has heard unconfirmed rumours that this fight was unapproved and then re-approved by the OAC.  This is a perfectly matched bout between two solid Bantamweights looking to get to the UFC.  Dietz’ last two fights were losses in the WEC and Denis’ losses were in Sengoku as a Featherweight.  Let’s hope the Ontario Athletic Commission makes the sensible decision and this bout happens.  There should be no reason for this fight to be turned down and fans will love the high-paced energy that these two 135ers bring to their fights.

Other fighters rumored to be on the card are former The Ultimate Fighter competitor Frank Lester as well as Ottawa’s Louis-Philippe Carle and Anna Barone.

As always, Top MMA News encourages fans to support local events because there is nothing like live MMA.  Tickets for MMA Live are available here.

8 Responses to “ Jon Jones, Parisyan Heading to London for MMA Live 1 ”

  1. What are the chances that Parisyan fights Jordan Mein? Mein is always taking the hard 170 fights.

    I would love to see John Alessio or Ryan Ford in that spot as well.

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  2. Ryan Ford says:

    I WILL take that Parisyan fight. Someone Contact me

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  3. Ryan Ford says:

    Or get me some contact info please

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  4. MMA loser says:

    So there is only 1 fight booked? maybe 2.

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  5. Tyler Davis says:

    that whole camp takes pretty much anyfight offered tough dudes, and jordan is the real baby faced assasin

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  6. Cody Rempel says:

    YES!!! Ford vs. Parisyan… make it happen!

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  7. Mort says:

    I’ve heard some impressive names dropped for this show. If even half of them end up on this card, it’s gonna be an awesome night. But we all know lots can change between now and then. I didn’t get to Rama tonight and Im kicking myself. I really don’t want to miss this one.

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

  8. aluminum sider says:

    Budd will wreck Barone.

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Leave a Reply

Some HTML is OK