Canadian Rumour Mill – March 14
- Great news for MMA fans, UFC/Strikeforce will hold around 8-10 shows in Canada. Scott Coker will announce some Canadian shows soon.
- Might just be stirring the pot, but… No Adam Zugec in Ryan Ford’s corner last fight, strange?
- For fighters looking to compete in Ontario, medical requirements for Ontario residents and non-Ontarians will differ slightly.
- Where is W-1? Do not expect W-1 shows soon as they currently have no financial backing.
- Look for Maximum Fighting and Aggression to go to court over the Ryan Ford contract dispute.
- By all accounts, the owners of Aggression MMA were very pleased with the turnout and production of their event. It’s safe to say it was their biggest and most successful show to date.
- It’s been many years since the last MMA show in Grande Prairie With a few shows having been announced then cancelled, expect Grande Prairie to pack the 4400 seat Crystal Centre for the upcoming Evolution FC show in May.
- Rumour has it a couple of the new Ontario-based promotions are already looking at expanding out west this year.
- Ringside MMA will head back to Quebec City for their next show in June.
- Former Shooto Ace Antonio Carvalho is on the UFC radar. He had previously turned down WEC overtures while fighting for Shooto as at that time fighting in Japan was a more lucrative opportunity. Let’s see what happens in his career if he is victorious over Tony Hervey at Casino Rama.
- Rumors are circulating that Marc-Andre Drolet is leaving TMN to take on a new position with the Fight Network
Cmon readers – if you love the Rumour Mill (or at least my pictures), send in your rumours to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kiss Kiss.
- Canadian Rumour Mill – March 8
- Canadian Rumour Mill – February 28
- Canadian Rumour Mill – February 22