Jimmo Re-signs, Defends Title at MFC 29

Tonight, Ryan Jimmo has signed a new multi-fight agreement with the Maximum Fighting Championship. His first order of business under the new contract?  Defend his belt against former champion Emanuel Newton at MFC 29.

Ryan Jimmo had this to say about the deal,

“I am super happy to have come to a contract extension agreement. I like being the champ and am looking to defend the belt, hopefully soon. I want to be a fighting champion.”

Jimmo is coming into his first title defense on a 14 fight win streak.  Like Jimmo, Newton is coming into the fight with a win at MFC 28 where he beat Rodney Wallace.  The Jimmo/Newton title fight will be a rematch of their MFC 23 fight where Jimmo won by Unanimous Decision.

(Article updated at 12:30.)

17 Responses to “ Jimmo Re-signs, Defends Title at MFC 29 ”

Great night!

2. ILL BE THERE FOR THAT ONE, GOOD LOOKING MATCHUP. CANT WAIT ! WAR JIMMOOOOO !!!!

3. LMJ says:

Ryan —you are the best—-keep going on the winning streak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jamie Locke says:

Jimmo needs an exciting stoppage win in this fight if he truly wants to prove he belongs in the big show. I believe he can do it, he belongs with the best of the best, he just need to finish his fights.

I would still like to see Jimmo vs Jardine….

5. Johnny Vegas says:

Jardine is finished Jimmo is the man. MFC rocks

6. Faux Faixa Preta Face says:

*face palm*

7. BigBoi says:

Ryan’s a stud for sure but I don’t see why you’d want to see him fight Jardine. Jimmo’s tendency to lead with his chin will be perfect for Jardine’s looping punches. 7 times out of 10 Jardine wins this fight and then what? Ryan has lost to someone who’s no longer considered UFC material. Awesome.

With the UFC heading to Ontario now I’m sure they’re already looking for someone like Martin Desilests (sp?) to match up with Ryan. Both guys are well known on the Canadian scene and a win for either could mean a step up to the big show. A loss on the other hand doesn’t really hurt either.

8. Johnny Vegas says:

Jimmo is unreal

9. Jamie Locke says:

Those looping punches are the exact reason Id like to see that fight. Jimmo is amazing at avoiding punches, hes compatible to Machida with his karate chin up head back stance. Facing a wild striker would show us a little more versatility and ability to adapt to someone who can hit him in the face. I’m a huge fan, but I want to see how Jimmo fares in an all out war against someone who’s been in a few.

Desilet would be a sick match up as well…Good call.

10. Johnny Vegas says:

Jimmo would destroy the frenchman and easy.

11. chuckP says:

I like jimmo< but I'd like to see a battle of ex training partners Jimmo vs. roger hollett. I think hollett would wreck jimmo

12. BigBoi says:

Jamie did you just compare Ryan to Machida?

13. Jamie Locke says:

yes, yes I did

14. I will fight anyone says:

I think he does fight like Michada but he will be better.

15. chuckP says:

Jimmo seems like a stand up guy and I realize that he is the current champ, but most of his fights are pretty blah and he barely gets the decision half the time, I wouldnt compare him to machida though,the only comparison is that they are both elusive that equals boring.

16. JayKay says:

JayKay likes him some Jimmo. Not only is he a funny fucker but he’s a good guy to have beers with.

He’s no Machida mind you but he’s a good guy.

17. I will fight anyone says: