Strikeforce: Fedor vs Silva Quick Results

Here are the live results from tonight’s Strikeforce card that featured two first round bouts of the Strikeforce Heavyweight tournament:

Antonio Silva defeats Fedor Emelianenko via Doctor’s Stoppage (Right eye completely closed) @ 5:00 of Rd2

Sergei Kharitonov defeats Andrei Arlovski via KO (punch) 2:49 of Rd1

Shane Del Rosario submits  Lavar Johnson via Arm Bar @ 4:31 of Rd1

Chad Griggs defeats Gian Villante via TKO (punches) @ 2:49 of Rd1

Valentijn Overeem submits Ray Sefo via Neck Crank 1:37 of Rd1

John Cholish submits Marc Stevens via Kneebar @ 3:57 of Rd2

Igor Gracie submits John Salgado via Arm Triangle @ 3:04 of Rd2

Sam Oropeza submits Don Carlo-Clauss via Strikes @ 4:10 of Rd1

Josh LaBerge defeats Anthony Leone via Doctor’s Stoppage @ 5:00 of Rd1

Jason McLean defeats Kevin Roddy via Split Decision (29-28,29-28,28-29)

8 Responses to “ Strikeforce: Fedor vs Silva Quick Results ”

1. Cody Bargholz says:

Was anyone else really impressed by John Cholish?

2. The Dude says:

yes and no

I’ve seen him fight in Hull and I was very impressed. I knew he had a lot of upside but I was particularly impressed with his grappling against Stevens.

I knew Arlovski was gonna get KOd again.
    Fedor, man. Gee, I dunno….

4. robin black says:

I was skype-ing with Marc-Andre on Superbowl Sunday (not the football Superbowl), and telling him I was doing the Strikeforce pre-show chat and predictions on The Fight Network.

I said “I’m going with Silva. He’s 50 pounds heavier and won’t be affected by Fedor’s myth after Werdum. And he’s tough and super resilient and will get stronger as the fight goes on”.

Marc-Andre was all “Fedor is pissed off, he’s gonna come out with those huge overhand rights and Tim Sivia him, and not stop till BigFoot is done”.

I bought his Superbowl hype and went with that as my prediction.

A day later I was like “dude, we are totally wrong. I’m changing my prediction back to Silva. He’s too big, Fedor is too old and, as the fight goes on, BigFoot gonna beat him up.”

Hindsight is 20-20.

Still, Skype Superbowl Sundays with Marc-Andre are fun.

5. Sean Quinn says:

Dear Robin Black,
    I have never hated you more. Never. Not even when i was skinny dipping in the lake with your girlfriend and came back to the shore to find shit in my boots.
    Go to hizell.
    Ess a dee.

6. Jay says:

1. Andre is done. Sad to say but he has no chin left. Sergei hits hard but Andre wilted with one crack and was out on his fight. Good stoppage by Yves in that one.

2. Fedor is the man. He won the first round and lost the second against a fighter who had almost 60 pounds on him. I suspect he’ll be back, maybe we’ll finally see the Fedor/Couture fight?

3. WTF was Sefo thinking? “Hmm, I’m running him standing. I should take this to the ground!” Maroon.

4. Cholish looked really good against someone he should look really good against. Will be interesting to see him take that next step up.

5. Chad Griggs needs to drain his ear, that was gross and not what I wanted to see while eating pizza. He’s entertaining but he needs to step up his game if he wants to go past beating the Lashleys of the world.

6. Lavar was laying a beating up until he fell into that armbar. Del Rosario was patient as hell when he was hunting that. Lavar needs to put the Gi back on.

7. Dear GJJ, stop feeding opponents to your children. It was embarassing watching Igor play with Salgado and more so watching you celebrate like he had just won the GP instead of struggled with someone he brutally outclassed.

8. Sergei is still my dark horse,/b> pick to win this all.

7. You then called me on the morning of the fights, to say you had woken up and were feeling the upset.

I said, forget it, it’s not going to happen. A last minute Mike Kyle last time almost took out bigfoot.

My predictions have been shitty lately, might be best just betting against what I say. ;)

You should film the bit for work, THEN call me.

If I disagree, you are gold!

Superbowls are fun.

8. Kyle says:

Silva was just too big for Fedor. I hope Fedor comes back at 205.