SUMMUM MMA 3 – Brossard – March 12

Date: March 12, 2011
Location: Skratch de Brossard in Brossard, Quebec
TV: Live stream via Facebook or SUMMUM
Tickets: Razor Wear store 2051, Thierry Street, Ville Lasalle or 514-293-7696

155-Eric Davidson(Fight Club St-Jean) vs Alex Morgan(Team Chambodie)
170-Michael Cyr(Ultimaction) vs Zander McComber(Razow Wear MMA)
150-Simon Taing(Bravado Longueuil) vs Carl Tremblay(Ultimate BOSS)
135-Michael Dufort (Fight Club St-Jean) vs Loïc Patissier(Team Fournier)
175-Francis Turgeon(Terrebonne MMA) vs Jeff Blake(Razor Wear MMA)
155-Adam Leroux(Cornwall MMA) vs Keven St-Laurent(Ultimate BOSS)
160-Frederick Bonneau(Fight Club St-Jean) vs Mario Pereira(Team Chambodie)
175-Kevin Lampron(Kanreikai Joliette) vs Mohamed Sylla(Razor Wear MMA)
140-Shawn Lalonde(Cornwall MMA) vs Pascal Mantha(Tapout TrC)
170-Mathew Dupra(Terrebonne MMA) vs Ricardo Moreau(Kanreikai Joliette)

28 Responses to “ SUMMUM MMA 3 – Brossard – March 12 ”

1. In my opinion suspended pro athletes shouldn’t be allowed to compete as an amature.

Nevermind the fact that TJ Coletti shouldn’t be allowed to compete in any kind of combat sport.

So boo for any athletic commission who would allow this.

2. Matt Dunning says:

Hahahahaha main event??That rules and ya I agree Keith

3. Matt Dunning says:

Sorry and Marc-Andre

4. Jay says:

Jeebus Tap Dancing Kryste. Can someone please b*tch slap some sense into Coletti?

Also, can someone please find out what jag off at the commission thought this was a good idea?

5. trent_thorne says:

i have a question for Marc, Im curious to know what your opinion is on pro mma fighters fighting in amature boxing events? I for one would like to go that route but it seems i am not allowed. I dont see the problem here they are two completely different sports. Would a pro mma fighter not be allowed to enter an ammy wrestling tourny? seems rediculous to me.

6. I don’t see the problem with that.

They are completely different sports.

Lets say Ben Askren decided he wanted to get into boxing, it would be ludicrous if he wouldn’t be able to compete as an amateur considering he’s never done any kind of striking training.

But if you ask me if I think somebody can be successful down both routes, i think it would be hard to do. The other ammy boxers who are doing nothing but training for boxing, will be better equiped than a guy doing mma and boxing.

But as a tool to enhance your skillset, I’m all for it!

7. trent_thorne says:

the reason i ask this is because id love to get some real one on one boxing done just because i love the sport and i also love competing, frankly it was be ludacris if i were to take a pro boxing match! id get killed and i have no problem saying that, but ammy would be a great way for me learn and develop skills and compete. Seems no one is willing to help get that door opened for guys like me. I know of a few pro mma guys that would love to try ammy boxing! Also it would save the fans of pro boxing from rediculous one sided matches.

8. Joey Benoit says:

just to let you know, TJ will fight with a 12 oz gloves and Shin Pad.

Give him a hockey helmet while you are at it, Joey….

Jay, I think the promotions need a more slapping of teh beeyotch than TJ. The fact that shows repeatedly let guys fight who have no clues reflects more on the guys running the shows than it does the delusional no-talents that get in there.
    That said, thank goodness this isn’t another pro event.
    Joey, have you talked to TJ? Is his head right? Has he been training?

11. Jay says:

I dunno, I subscribe to the line of thought that states “We have a moral responsibility to save some people from themselves.”

Hiring TJ right now is on par with hiring Shannon. It’s like hiring Ron Jeremy to play Hamlet and being surprised that mid way through act one he’s trying to hump his costar.

12. trent_thorne says:

ok i know Shannon aint exactly popular around these parts, but i honestly dont think you can mentioned those 2 guys in the same sentence!

13. Jay says:

Why? They both go down faster than an out of work actress on a casting couch. How are they different?

14. Sean Quinn says:

Listen Michael Schiavello, enough with the plaigarism already.

15. Trent Thorne says:

well for one i know that Shannon has actually trained in martial arts, also the guy was a milletary man that in my opinion garners him a lil more respect then some guy who doesnt train and fights merly for the fact he can tell his friends he’s a fighter! I dunno, Shannon’s best days may be behind him but i dont think he deserves to be menrioned in the same sentence as Colletti. will know one agree with me? lol

16. robin black says:

I’ll agree Trent. I really believe that Shannon believes that “this one will be different” and then can’t get mentally where he needs to be come fight time.

There’s a difference between a bum and a guy who’s physically or mentally broken down.

Shannon’s good days may be gone but he’s not a bum.

Somebody needs to get an interview with Coletti.

18. robin black says:

I’m gonna do it my ballsy friend.

TJ, if you’re out there, I want to do a piece on you for The Fight Network. A sit down piece. A big piece.

19. zach b says:

That would be sick!!!! good idea black!!!

20. BigBoi says:

Hi Trent,

Long time no talky. I see you’re still claiming Shannon’s legit so let’s review (and we’ll keep it topical so the SUMMUM people don’t get too upset)…

Shannon gave up any and all claim to credibility within MMA when he started doing works with Severn. This is a fact and is not up for debate. You can gargle his man juice all you want but the guy is a fraud in the cage.

TJ Colletti is closing in on the same status of Shannon. He’s taking fights knowing that he has another one signed. He’s averaging 90 seconds a fight which means he spends more time walking to the ring than he does falling down and covering up.

There is no excuse for someone like Coletti or Shannon. They both make the sport look bad and promoters who sign them should have the freakin’ heads examined.

Toodles.

21. Sean Quinn says:

Play nice boys.

22. trent_thorne says:

the interview idea will be comical at best! but i must say i am intersted to hear what he has to say! lol

BIG BIO!!! my topmmanews forum nemises! lol Its cool that you disagree with me ……AGAIN! lol I wont disagree with you about the fact that he has “worked” fights in the past! But i dont think for one moment that he works all of his fights! I agree with what Robin said, I think he does go out thinking this one will be different. But its all a matter of view point i suspose? either way Colletti and Ritch are 2 totally different animals! look for ward to disagreeing with you again soon! ;) lol cheers

Nice to see all the regulars weighing in on this awesome/awful event. But let’s stay on topic.
    Robin, i would love for you to handle the piece. I think you would be fair and even-handed with our kooky hero. I just really wanna know what makes him tick.
    I am so torn right now. I think it is a rotten idea to let him get in there, but if he stays on the card, i believe i will be in the front row. Dear God. What have I become….

24. BigBoi says:

Regarding TJ:

I’ll direct your attention to the 52 second mark. He doesn’t get hit, sits down and curls up.

Clearly he should be allowed to fight.

I have a better idea, why don’t I interview TJ?

25. imitefite says:

TJ better be training, his opponent is 9-2(ammy), sure its amateur, and he walks in with the song Sandstorm, and favors fondue…I’d be worried too.

26. Joey Benoit says:

Final card:

155-Eric Davidson(Fight Club St-Jean) vs Alex Morgan(Team Chambodie)

170-Michael Cyr(Ultimaction) vs D’Arcy Monson (Razor Wear MMA)

150-Simon Taing(Bravado Longueuil) vs Carl Tremblay(Ultimate BOSS)

135-Michael Dufort (Fight Club St-Jean) vs Loïc Patissier(Team Fournier)

170-Pierre Melon(Team Bushido) vs Zander McComber(Razow Wear MMA)

170-Junior Lauziere (Fight Club St-Jean) vs Jeff Blake(Razor Wear MMA)

155-Adam Leroux(Cornwall MMA) vs Keven St-Laurent(Ultimate BOSS)

160-Frederick Bonneau(Fight Club St-Jean) vs Mario Pereira(Team Chambodie)

175-Kevin Lampron(Kanreikai Joliette) vs Mohamed Sylla(Razor Wear MMA)

180-Francis Turgeon(Terrebonne MMA) vs David Morin(Team Chambodie)

140-Shawn Lalonde(Cornwall MMA) vs Pascal Mantha(Tapout TC)

170-Mathew Dupra(Terrebonne MMA) vs Ricardo Moreau(Kanreikai Joliette)

27. Jamie Locke says:

I don’t see TJ on there!

28. Joey Benoit says:

Update Fight Card:

155-Eric Davidson(Fight Club St-Jean) vs Alex Morgan(Team Chambodie)

170-Michael Cyr(Ultimaction) vs Zander McComber(Razow Wear MMA)

150-Simon Taing(Bravado Longueuil) vs Carl Tremblay(Ultimate BOSS)

135-Michael Dufort (Fight Club St-Jean) vs Loïc Patissier(Team Fournier)

175-Francis Turgeon(Terrebonne MMA) vs Jeff Blake(Razor Wear MMA)

155-Adam Leroux(Cornwall MMA) vs Keven St-Laurent(Ultimate BOSS)

160-Frederick Bonneau(Fight Club St-Jean) vs Mario Pereira(Team Chambodie)

175-Kevin Lampron(Kanreikai Joliette) vs Mohamed Sylla(Razor Wear MMA)

140-Shawn Lalonde(Cornwall MMA) vs Pascal Mantha(Tapout TrC)

170-Mathew Dupra(Terrebonne MMA) vs Ricardo Moreau(Kanreikai Joliette)

Don’t forget the event will be LIVE on http://www.summummma.com