MMA Live 1 – London – May 19

Date: May 19, 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre in London, Ontario
TV:
Tickets: Order Tickets Here

Ryan Ford (14-3) vs. Karo Parisyan (19-6)
Matt MacGrath (10-5) vs. Marcus Aurelio (20-9)
Daniel Langbeen (3-2) vs. Lyndon Whitlock (2-1)
Brent Franczuz (3-1) vs. Bo Harris (4-2-1)
Derek Boyle (6-3)* vs. Jason Saggo (4-0)*
Theo Toney* vs. Alan Wilson*
Chuck Mady* vs. James Haourt*

*Unconfirmed by promotion

79 Responses to “ MMA Live 1 – London – May 19 ”

What weight is Newton fighting at? What is the over/under on him missing?

2. Brick House says:

I really want to see Ali Mokdad step up and fight Misha Cirkunov, like they were supposed to, not too long ago.

3. blayd cooper says:

ali is 185 i think isnt he?
    chucky vs brent franczuz? james haourt?

4. Mokdad was supposed to fight Cirkunov at 205 in Winnipeg in January before he pulled out.

5. Jujitsu says:

I seen Chucky Mady fight at a large martial arts event in Windsor a year or so ago. He got tuned…
    He might be a good striker.. but a bad grappler and an even bad losser..

6. MMA loser says:

Mady is a bum, he won’t fight anyone good and always has excuses for losing.

I like Chucky, he’s an interesting character. He has some fun stand-up. Karate. Nickname. Bunny ears. He raps. He’s convinced himself that he’s the very best. He’s got a strange cockiness that some will like and many won’t.

If I was casting TUF I would cast him immediately. A Karate guy with a totally different look, the alopecia story, which gives him an interesting tv story about challenges, his flashy standup, his white-guy rapping, his inflated opinion of himself….

Yeah, he does seem like a sore loser. I recently called his fight with Waardenberg. Waardenberg was blasting him with elbows, cut him up, and he stopped defending himself. Ref stopped it. Totally good stoppage.
    He never congratulated Dmitri, never shook hands, just stood there exaggeratingly shaking his head ‘no’ when the ref announced the results. It was not supercool.

But he’s an individual and that’s his deal. If it makes some people dislike him at least they’ll remember him.

8. Update: Added Nick Denis to the card.

9. robin black says:

I believe its Nick Denis vs WEC vet Kyle Dietz

UPDATE: Added Ryan Ford who stated on Facebook that he’ll be fighting either Parisyan or MacGrath

11. Bc says:

9000 tickets ain’t Gona be a hard sell with that card, let alone any card

12. Bc says:

I mean is going to be a hard sell

STILL *unconfirmed?
    they gotta get goin!

14. “They gotta get goin!” They = Ontario Commission. Lets not put heat on promoters when its the commission that seems to cause the delays.

15. CM says:

Anyone know why this is being held on a Thursday?

16. Sean Quinn says:

long weekend

17. CM says:

Is the Friday a holiday in some provinces? I knew the following Monday was a holiday but not the Friday.

18. Victoria Day is a Monday. Quinn makes his own holidays.

19. Colin Maguire says:

So i made this Wiki article on this event http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMA_Live_1

Also it won’t be the full 9,000, u see the JLC has the ability to block the third floor and that’s what they will do, however I can’t wait until I get tickets. Also won’t be surprised to see Hominick with the UFC belt their, should he win :)

20. Update: Krysa vs Whitlock added.

21. Jeff says:

Saw the MMA Live website has these listed now:

155 lbs.: Lyndon Whitlock (2-1) vs. Daniel Langbeen (3-2)
    135 lbs.: Brent Franczuz (3-1) vs. Bo Harris (4-2-1)

22. Jeff says:

Louis-Philippe Carle vs. Frank Lester (6-5) and
    Julia Budd vs. Anna Barone are off and Matt MacGrath replaces MacDonald and really besides a few fights this card is still almost unknown.

Karo Parisyan looks healthy and sounds like he’s together today.

Interesting.

24. princess says:

LMAO @ Robin, you think that interview shows that he is healthy and together? Wow, you have a WAY different view on this than I do. He looks hurting, spaced out and drugged up. I bet he doesn’t show

25. Jamie Locke says:

Robin just can’t hate on anyone…. He’s an anti hater.

26. Karo is admitting a lot of shit instead of his usual false bravado. I take that as a sign that he is getting healthier.

27. Sean Quinn says:

Robin has been hating on Dave Mair pretty hard these last couple weeks. He is certainly capable of hating.
    He’s just usually gay.

28. Sean Quinn says:

Gay meaning happy.

29. Sean Quinn says:

Or gay.

30. Jamie Locke says:

Too true, Dave mair is the only guy I have heard Robin hate on…. It’s a very diciplined and organized hate too, scary hate…

31. princess says:

What’s going on with this card TOPMMANEWS? They only have 5 fights announced and it’s 6 days away. I have tickets and am thinking we are gonna get ripped off with a 5 fight card with only 1 of those fights being one I care about. Please tell me they have more fights planned.

Ha Ha. If you are always kind and you never hate on anyone, when you DO people know there must be a reason.

I have a rep as a very positive guy, and I save my lashing out for people who are damaging to the sport.

I’m gonna continue to take a positive view of people and this great sport and stuff, but I’m gonna be a pissed-off watchdog when people are dangerous to MMA in Canada.

If anyone thinks they are going to pop in and be criminally dishonest in MMA in Canada, or through ego or greed or idiocy damage fighters or the business, I’m going to expose you. Be warned.

Anyhoo, this is going to be a great show. brad Jones and Tony Lee have done a great job. There are great fighters, and there’s going to be GREAT production.

Get your tickets. I’ll see you guys Thursday in London!

33. Mort says:

Come on Robin. You’ve gotta have a hook up for tickets! I’d love to see this show with JEG doing production. I can only imagine it’s going to be well run.

Brad Jones is a pro man, and Tony Lee has been working like crazy and he is a smart dude. They’re bringing in big production. Top 3 fights are great. London is a great fight town. Should be excellent show.

Hopefully they get the complete card up soon so people can get pumped about the undercard too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Mort my friend, RFB stays away from anything to do with $$. I’ll buy you a beer at the show tho!

35. Mort says:

Lol. Thanks Robin. Gonna ask the money maker how she did this week. Maybe she’ll buy me a ticket! With any luck Jay and I can make it down.

36. Brad Wall says:

Derek Boyle 6w,3l vs Jason Saggo 4w,0l will also be on the show.

37. Brad Wall says:

Derek Boyle 6w,3l vs. Jason Saggo 4w,0l added to the card.

Nick Dietz off looking for replacement vs Nick Denis

Kyle dietz off, sorry.

Nick Denis standing by for new opponent.

Looking good for new opponent. :)

41. justsayin says:

Could it be the Haggis Basher?

42. HaggisBasher says:

It is not the Haggis Basher, but looking forward to hearing who the replacement is.

Any volunteers out there? :)

44. If TFN is not working out for MAD, maybe he can take the fight. He can make the weight.

45. LOL In my prime x 10 i would have never had any business in the cage with Nick Denis at his lowest point of his career.

I hope they find him an opponent it’s a shame Nick doesn’t have a fight now.

Wonder if there are any doubts about who they hired as a matchmaker for this event? I’m still laughing at the money they were paying for matchmaking services. They got ripped off, and I hope don’t pay for it.

46. I am on weight already too, you are correct :)

47. Sean Quinn says:

If meds could be done quick enough and he would do a catchweight, i would take it.

48. joe says:

just watch Parysian will drop from the card soon too…so there is now still 5 fights left after adding the Jason Saggo fight? I wish I could return my tickets!!! I bought front row, what a rip off!!

Nah Joe, I think there’s 8 and theyre working diligently on Nick’s opponent. Hang in there man.

Would love to see Quinn-Denis II.

I heard Ebejer isn’t busy….