News and Notes from Ringside Presser
Ringside MMA held a press conference today in Montreal at the Bell Centre. President Eric Champoux lead the presser while Steve Bosse, Patrick Cote and Derek Gauthier were on hand to field the press’ questions. Top MMA News was on hand to catch it all, here’s the news from the conference:
- As previously reported by Top MMA News, Mike Ricci will make his return to the ring versus Jesse Ronson.
- Also rumoured by Top MMA News and now confirmed by Ringside, Derek Gauthier will take on Iraj Hadin
- Valerie Latourneau’s opponent was finally announced as uber athlete Julie Malenfant. Malenfant a 10 year veteran of the national Olympic weightlifting team and former member of the national bobsleigh team. Malenfant will be making her professional MMA debut.
- Lenard Terrance and Robert Masson will go at it again since their first match at Rising Stars ended just 83 seconds into the first after Masson’s pinkie finger was inadvertently broken. Interesting to note this match will be at heavyweight even though Terrance is 300 plus pounds. The Quebec commission has no ceiling to their heavyweight division.
- Steve Claveau will potentially make his long awaited return to the ring as long as his licensing goes through in time. Ringside said they would know for sure around March 1.
- Steve Bosse has only signed a 1 fight deal with Ringside. Bellator bound maybe?
- Cote plans on splitting his training between BTT Canada in Montreal and Hayabusa in Edmonton.
- Ringside expects approx. 5000 people will fill the Bell Centre for Ringside 10.
- Tickets for the event will go on sale to the public February 4 and will range from $30 – $100. Advance tickets are available to members of the Ringside MMA facebook group.
- Ringside’s Rising Stars will return March 26 in Montreal at the Metropolis.